United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 02-03-2010, 11:32 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Default Re: match thread: carling cup final, manchester united vs aston villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
I am certain that Berbatov has played the role he was bought in for by Fergie more often than not. Champions in his first season with us, and 2nd best in Europe (he didn't have much time to assert himself in the final either) - a season when he was our leading provider of assits to boot. It's not rewritting history, Borsuk, more a case of aligning people's perceptions of his role in the team/squad. He has been frustating to watch on a number of occassions, but those occasions have blinkered peoples opinions to such an extent that they can't appreciate how much he has actually contributed.

He was never an outright goalscorer. His touch and vision, in terms of creating chances for others, though, are second to none in the Premier League (and up there with the best in world football at present).
Berbatov is a joy and a class apart. Lazy £#%&!er commentators and journos see him as an easy target because he doesnt run around like the troll as do a lot on here. If we had a bit more in central mid he would be played behind rooney in every game.

Unread 02-03-2010, 11:38 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Berbatov is a joy and a class apart. Lazy £#%&!er commentators and journos see him as an easy target because he doesnt run around like the troll as do a lot on here. If we had a bit more in central mid he would be played behind rooney in every game.
confirmed

Unread 02-03-2010, 11:48 PM
zzalsar3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
your not wrong there - in the last couple of games his balls through to Valencia (which lead on to Rooney's headed goals) were both sublime, yet neither will count as an assist.
Quite. One might even say that some of his passes are so sublime, well placed, disguised and correctly-weighted that it is those that opens up the space and time for someone else to play the a final pass. If Berbalov's pass wasnt so well placed there wouldnt be those assists and those goals. Or something.

Berbatov freezes time like Neo from the Matrix.

Unread 03-03-2010, 12:01 AM
jem

the flip side of this is that people think fletch is really, really good just because he does run around a lot.

Unread 03-03-2010, 12:12 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
the flip side of this is that people think fletch is really, really good just because he does run around a lot.
fletcher is better than that max and you know it

Unread 03-03-2010, 12:16 AM
History

Berbatov played the role fergie wants perfect on sunday. Linking attack and midfield, holding it, give and go. It was actually a superb 'second striker' performance, his link up with owen and rooney was great.

Fantastic to watch on sunday. Yet still £#%&!ing @#%&!s near me complaining why fergie didnt take him off

Unread 03-03-2010, 12:20 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Berbatov played the role fergie wants perfect on sunday. Linking attack and midfield, holding it, give and go. It was actually a superb 'second striker' performance, his link up with owen and rooney was great.

Fantastic to watch on sunday. Yet still £#%&!ing @#%&!s near me complaining why fergie didnt take him off
you must have been stood beside me mate....nearly @#%&!ted this @#%&! behind me for @#%&!ing off Berbatov...proper £#%&!ing helmet

Unread 03-03-2010, 12:23 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
you must have been stood beside me mate....nearly @#%&!ted this @#%&! behind me for @#%&!ing off Berbatov...proper £#%&!ing helmet
some daft @#%&! bird behind me was saying 'he is useless' in this whiney £#%&!ing voice.

NWAF

Unread 03-03-2010, 12:25 AM
jem

you should save a punch for fergie. he took berbatov and valencia off against everton, the dope.

p.s. yes, fletch has my seal of approval, 36. definitely worth a place in the squad.

Unread 03-03-2010, 12:26 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
some daft @#%&! bird behind me was saying 'he is useless' in this whiney £#%&!ing voice.

NWAF
should have got RedArmy to bang her out

Unread 03-03-2010, 12:29 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
you should save a punch for fergie. he took berbatov and valencia off against everton, the dope.

p.s. yes, fletch has my seal of approval, 36. definitely worth a place in the squad.

ferie out

Unread 03-03-2010, 12:34 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

ferie out
no, a punch will suffice.

gill out, though.

Unread 03-03-2010, 12:43 AM
gbmufc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Oh £#%&!ing at last someone else reads the game like me

Unread 03-03-2010, 12:45 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
Oh £#%&!ing at last someone else reads the game like me
ahem