United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-03-2010, 08:03 AM
SNAFU

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
and acceleration and strength. i think it's his burst over the first five yards and the fact that he's so hard to bump off balance that make him so hard to deal with and that allow him to get the cross in almost every time.
i have to admit, initially i had my doubts about valencia, but he has been a good buy. He works hard, plays for the team and does all the things you described so well but i'm hoping that he'll use his left foot soon

Unread 01-03-2010, 08:13 AM
MUFC One Love

I'm a big fan of Valencia but I thought he was reluctant to take Warnock on yesterday until that spell where he set up Rooney's goal and put another on Rooney's head when Rooney hit the post. Before that he just kept cutting in and passing it.

Unread 01-03-2010, 09:18 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
a great player?

he is probably suited to this united side which is our worst side (quality wise) in about 10 years.
not saying much though.
£#%&! off back to the emirates you bape wearing weapon

Unread 01-03-2010, 10:58 AM
Sloane

Quote:
a great player?

he is probably suited to this united side which is our worst side (quality wise) in about 10 years.not saying much though.
2004/5 v chelsea

howard
neville g
fortune
keane
silvestre
o'shea
miller
djemba
scholes
smith
giggs

subs:
bellion
forlan
richardson

so i would say its the second worst team now

Unread 01-03-2010, 10:59 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
2004/5 v chelsea

howard
neville g
fortune
keane
silvestre
o'shea
miller
djemba
scholes
smith
giggs

subs:
bellion
forlan
richardson

When you see how bad that team was you have just posted, how the £#%&! can someone say this is our worst team/squad in 10 years?

Unread 01-03-2010, 11:19 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Can ant and dec be contacted via facebook?

Unread 01-03-2010, 11:30 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
2004/5 v chelsea

howard
neville g
fortune
keane
silvestre
o'shea
miller
djemba
scholes
smith
giggs

subs:
bellion
forlan
richardson

that was due to injuries. that wasnt out full squad was it.

our current full squad is the worst quality wise in the last 10 years.

valencia is average. he is 'shining' this season but all you have to do is look at the lack of quality in the league this season to see its a case of a 'one eyed man in the presence of the blind' scenario.

Unread 01-03-2010, 11:32 AM
BarryX

Quote:
valencia is average.

Unread 01-03-2010, 11:45 AM
believe

Quote:

valencia is average. he is 'shining' this season but all you have to do is look at the lack of quality in the league this season to see its a case of a 'one eyed man in the presence of the blind' scenario.
you do talk some shit at times

Unread 01-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Sparky***

It's probably just as well that Valencia's game is quite basic. He plays to his strengths and as a result our forwards know exactly what he's going to do, hence why wayne has scored so many goals because of him.

Unread 01-03-2010, 12:11 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It's probably just as well that Valencia's game is quite basic. He plays to his strengths and as a result our forwards know exactly what he's going to do, hence why wayne has scored so many goals because of him.
That possibly the most %@#$&!s I've ever read in such a short space of time.

Unread 01-03-2010, 12:14 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:

What do you think of the 'world class' Chelsea and Arsenal mate?

Bit odd that we're 1 point behind Chelsea, we've already won a Cup this season and we're in a better situation in our CL tie, considering we're average and they're world class etc as you usually rave about Chelsea and Arsenal so your thoughts on their teams/squads should be interesting.

Unread 01-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
That possibly the most %@#$&!s I've ever read in such a short space of time.
I seriously doubt that.

Unread 01-03-2010, 12:49 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
What do you think of the 'world class' Chelsea and Arsenal mate?

Bit odd that we're 1 point behind Chelsea, we've already won a Cup this season and we're in a better situation in our CL tie, considering we're average and they're world class etc as you usually rave about Chelsea and Arsenal so your thoughts on their teams/squads should be interesting.
making things up again...

did you actually read the post you quoted or just trying to shoe horn in an argument youve dreamed up previously.

Quote:
he is 'shining' this season but all you have to do is look at the lack of quality in the league this season to see its a case of a 'one eyed man in the presence of the blind' scenario

Unread 01-03-2010, 12:51 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
making things up again...

did you actually read the post you quoted or just trying to shoe horn in an argument youve dreamed up previously.

Nope, you rave about Chelsea/Arsenal and rival players quite a lot. It's obvious United need investment in the squad, a few of us have said it all season, however Chelsea are just not that good as people were making out. They have an ageing squad and are boring as £#%&! to watch and struggle to create chances. The standard in the league is poor this season but United clearly have the better all round squad/team imo. Makes you wonder just how good we would have been if we had invested some of a world record fee into the squad.

But that's why we want Glazer out.

Unread 01-03-2010, 06:41 PM
Tumescent Throb

the overall standard of play in the PL has been - let's be kind - uninspiring this season, although I've not bothered watching much more than just United games most of the time tbh

but that is not to say that the standard of the players has slipped, because it certainly has not. in fact, most of the players are pretty much the same as last season, and the season before.

it is therefore, imo, lunacy to suggest that the players who are standing out this season are only doing so because the competition is poor. in fact, if anything the competition is far stronger now as even the shittest teams are capable of executing very well planned and organised tactical drills aimed at stifling the opposition from the outset, and nicking games from carefully engineered scenarios honed on the training pitch and on the tactics boards.

Unread 01-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Sandman

Valencia keeps things simple, I don't really see a problem with that. It doesn't make you an average footballer just because you like keep to things simple ffs.

Unread 01-03-2010, 09:27 PM
zzalsar3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
his interview last week saying certain players weren't doing their jobs (clearly nani)
clearly the defence you mean

Unread 01-03-2010, 09:31 PM
plopborsky

if we had never had ronaldo we would be buzzing even more with valencingtons impact

really impressed by him
Closed Thread