United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 31-01-2024, 10:00 AM
wiganste

Default Fun Fact!

There's only Burnley & Sheffield United that have scored less than Utd in the league this season!

Unread 31-01-2024, 10:02 AM
Vedder

Total football

Unread 31-01-2024, 10:06 AM
Hyman_Roth

£#%&!ing hell Ste, stop being so negative.

Unread 31-01-2024, 10:07 AM
Finport Red

This type of stat does my head in. There’s almost half a season left.

They could easily outscore us by May.

Unread 31-01-2024, 10:08 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
This type of stat does my head in. There’s almost half a season left.

They could easily outscore us by May.

Unread 31-01-2024, 10:09 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Why have you got that bloke from The Monkees as your pic?

Unread 31-01-2024, 10:14 AM
marlo

best in class in every department

Unread 31-01-2024, 10:14 AM
NedKelly

Brentford have a better GD than us with -4.

Unread 31-01-2024, 10:17 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
There's only Burnley & Sheffield United that have scored less than Utd in the league this season!
i personally never thought we score so few goals and wasn’t banging on and on about how we won’t score anything near the low 58 league goals scored last season.

Unread 31-01-2024, 10:31 AM
suedeshoes

60 million for Mount put against 40 million for Palmer is a sickener tbh.

Unread 31-01-2024, 10:39 AM
Ethers

Unsure why the Palmer transfer is in any way relevant tbh.

Mount isn’t looking like great business right now, but it’s very early days. Nobody knows the priority list of Ten Hag’s transfer targets, and I’m unsure how anyone can claim midfield wasn’t an area we needed to address after last season, but particularly after watching us this season.

Unread 31-01-2024, 10:50 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
I'm reet. It'll get better

Unread 31-01-2024, 11:08 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Mount isn’t looking like great business right now, but it’s very early days. Nobody knows the priority list of Ten Hag’s transfer targets, and I’m unsure how anyone can claim midfield wasn’t an area we needed to address after last season, but particularly after watching us this season.
Is Mount even a midfielder? Serious question - I have no idea where he played at Chelsea. I assumed he was a 10. What I do know is that he wasn't the midfielder we needed. Feels like another expensive ETH misstep.

Unread 31-01-2024, 11:33 AM
marlo

Quote:

Because palmer is an excellent bit of business which way you look at it.

Palmer also occupies the same space mount does.
That 8/10 hybrid and creative hub of the team.

So yeah selling a player with a year left that spent a chunk of the season injured and wasn’t that good at functioning on the Chelsea team for a better younger player that would probably fetch double what they bought him for…..is brilliant business.

We rushed out and got mount first thing last summer and spent 60m from our limited budget. The fact we don’t even know how he fits into a strongest team just compounds the total waste of money.

If we bought palmer last summer, we could be selling Bruno and rashford this summer , then let ineos and Zidane take us to the next level 24/25.

Unread 31-01-2024, 11:37 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Is Mount even a midfielder? Serious question - I have no idea where he played at Chelsea. I assumed he was a 10. What I do know is that he wasn't the midfielder we needed. Feels like another expensive ETH misstep.
I always had him down as a 10, but i'm not exactly a mason mount expert.

I'm guessing ETH thought he'd fit into some kind of fluid 3, perhaps as a sort of Eriksen replacement - Case, Mount and Bruno being his ideal triumvirate of trophies.

Obviously the problem being, for me at least, is that the system appears to be £#%&!ing rubbish. Mainoo, Case and either mount or bruno would be better for me. But I like Bruno, a lot, and Mount hasn't exactly done much to convince otherwise in the, er, 4 games he's played.

I can feel the steam from Jem's ears as I type.

Unread 31-01-2024, 11:42 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Because palmer is an excellent bit of business which way you look at it.

Palmer also occupies the same space mount does.
That 8/10 hybrid and creative hub of the team.

So yeah selling a player with a year left that spent a chunk of the season injured and wasn’t that good at functioning on the Chelsea team for a better younger player that would probably fetch double what they bought him for…..is brilliant business.

We rushed out and got mount first thing last summer and spent 60m from our limited budget. The fact we don’t even know how he fits into a strongest team just compounds the total waste of money.

If we bought palmer last summer, we could be selling Bruno and rashford this summer , then let ineos and Zidane take us to the next level 24/25.
You know who they signed Palmer from, yeah?

Unread 31-01-2024, 11:49 AM
Zorg

Narrator's voice: but it was not fun at all

Unread 31-01-2024, 11:50 AM
est.1878

Remember the days of 4 strikers*

sheringham, solskjaer, cole, yorke and we were still eyeing up others believing a weakness

*don't get technical with me

Unread 31-01-2024, 12:00 PM
marlo

Quote:
You know who they signed Palmer from, yeah?
city would sell cole palmer to eth @ United!

Maybe not Zidane or Ancelotti but ETH’s United isn’t a threat to city

Unread 31-01-2024, 02:32 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
city would sell cole palmer to eth @ United!

Maybe not Zidane or Ancelotti but ETH’s United isn’t a threat to city

do you know anything about the dna of latent bert bitterness?