United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-05-2012, 06:31 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Barcelona didn't lose the European Cup final to Real Madrid. Milan didn't give up a three goal lead in Istanbul to Inter. Michael Thomas didn't score his winner for Everton. None of the events you posted even remotely approach gut wrenching hideousness of what we've just had to endure.

Honestly, if you were any other fredster, I'd have called you some very unpleasant names.
We couldnt affect todays game pal, and look at the means city used to get to this position anyway.

Its nowhere near as painful as those clubs would feel in those worst possible scenarios.

WE WERE 8 POINTS CLEAR FFS. 10 MAN QPR TROUBLED CITY MORE THAN US, SHAMEFUL.

Unread 13-05-2012, 06:32 PM
programmes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Barcelona didn't lose the European Cup final to Real Madrid. Milan didn't give up a three goal lead in Istanbul to Inter. Michael Thomas didn't score his winner for Everton. None of the events you posted even remotely approach gut wrenching hideousness of what we've just had to endure.

Honestly, if you were any other fredster, I'd have called you some very unpleasant names.
United couldn't affect anything the 'taches did today. We damaged our own campaign by losing to Blackburn and drawing against Everton. I can take the Wigan defeat, because, looking at their other results around that time, it was no fluke.

City were always going to do it today. It was just more dramatic than we would have wanted.

Unread 13-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
still feels horrible
It will mate, it always does for a while. This has been a big learning curve for a lot of players, seems the right signals are being made regarding fresh blood. I am still breaking my pre wedding diet and spending a least a tenner at macdonalds and getting high as £#%&! tonight

Unread 13-05-2012, 06:35 PM
MUFC One Love

I don't give a £#%&! it is horrific. I'd rather they have just gone out and on 5-0 and put us out of our misery. 1 more minute and all their scarfs and printed shirts with Champions 12 on their fans all had would have been mock galore for us.

£#%&!ing hell, football is a @#%&!.

Unread 13-05-2012, 06:35 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
united -

humiliated in champions league final of 2009

humiliated in champions league final of 2011

meekly surrender in FA cup semi-final against hated local rivals

humiliated 1 -6 at home to hated local rivals

can't manage a shot on goal against hated local rivals in title decider

pipped to the post in the last two minutes of the last game of the season by hated local rivals

starting to see a pattern here. our thnder@#%&!s have been on the arse end of so many thunderbolts I think freggie has offended the gods of football in a big £#%&!ing way.
You missed out "knocked out of FA cup by hated local rivals"

Unread 13-05-2012, 06:37 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed81
You missed out "knocked out of FA cup by hated local rivals"
ah yes that was another 89th min winner wasn't it. £#%&!ing glorious season this.

Unread 13-05-2012, 06:39 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
1 more minute and all their scarfs and printed shirts with Champions 12 on their fans all had would have been mock galore for us.
There was some absolutely immense footage on Sky ten minutes before time of them @#%&!s crying, battering their scarves and choking their seats when it was 1-2.

It could have been legendary on here tonight. Think Moaty + Kaka x20

Unread 13-05-2012, 06:43 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Spot on, pal. Spot on. This is as low as it gets.
Could only have been worse in one way I can possibly think of - if the other team had been Liverpool.

There, I've said it

Unread 13-05-2012, 06:45 PM
poppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Could only have been worse in one way I can possibly think of - if the other team had been Liverpool.

There, I've said it
Totally agreed. That would have been even more brutal.

Unread 13-05-2012, 06:48 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
nope
not when you have to live in mancheste
city will always be worse

Unread 13-05-2012, 06:49 PM
poppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
nope
not when you have to live in mancheste
city will always be worse
Not for me.

Unread 13-05-2012, 06:51 PM
red in cumbria

I can understand there being a bit of disagreement between the Mancs and we OOT'ers regarding this one, tbf.

Until a few years ago, only saw one or two ciddy shirts round here. A few more around now, but still not that many.......

Expect them to increase exponentially now, though

Unread 13-05-2012, 06:52 PM
saffers

Quote:

There, I've said it
My life just flashed before me, palms just got sweaty...

Unread 13-05-2012, 06:53 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
nah, £#%&! that. I don't have to mix with those @#%&!s daily.

Unread 13-05-2012, 06:54 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I don't give a £#%&! it is horrific. I'd rather they have just gone out and on 5-0 and put us out of our misery. 1 more minute and all their scarfs and printed shirts with Champions 12 on their fans all had would have been mock galore for us.

£#%&!ing hell, football is a @#%&!.
That's what I can't accept.
If City had won 4-0, 3-0 up at HT...I'd have been able to deal with that (up to a point obviously) ...but the way it happened is as bad as it can ever get.

Unread 13-05-2012, 07:24 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
That's what I can't accept.
If City had won 4-0, 3-0 up at HT...I'd have been able to deal with that (up to a point obviously) ...but the way it happened is as bad as it can ever get.
I'd have actually felt relief at that. Sounds bonkers but I'm sure of it. I'd have switched off at half-time, stuck a film on and found it far easier to put out of my mind.

Same as if they'd won it weeks ago.

Instead the predictions of prolonged agony I made all week came horrifyingly true in the most hideous way.

It's like a city fan had been granted a wish for how the season should pan out. As much pain as possible for United. Just as 1998-99 seemed like a United fan's greatest wish.

Unread 13-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Fountz

Quote:

There, I've said it
Nope, totally disagree.

Liverpool being successful and actually amounting to more than being the bitter, scowling flipside to the United coin has always been part of the deal..

City however !!!...

Christ, this is going to be awful.

Even if normal service is resumed, they'll never shut the £#%&! up about this.

If you're old enough to remember the 5-1 in '89, you'll recall that it was only us stuffing them 5-0 in '94 that got them to shut the £#%&! up.

The 6-1 would've been bad enough, however they knew that if it was followed by their total league meltdown it was worthless.

But to allow us to get our noses in front, to become so #@&%!y that we were discussing where we would win it..

These are the nuclear rods that'll keep them going for 30 years or so.. and I'm not joking.

We need to bounce back and bounce back hard.. Champions in 2013 including emphatic Derby victories are all that will count.. may need to win the European Cup as well.. just to be safe.

very bad.. very bad indeed.

Unread 13-05-2012, 07:29 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
It's like a city fan had been granted a wish for how the season should pan out. As much pain as possible for United. Just as 1998-99 seemed like a United fan's greatest wish.
Well, we got THREE cups that year.

That was better for us than this was for them, NQAT.

Unread 13-05-2012, 07:30 PM
Part 36 Offer

agreed. city winning it is way worse than the £#%&!ing vermin.

Unread 13-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Dr Gonzo

It's been mentioned before in other threads , but it was the fleeting hope that hurts the most ; most of us were (secretly, or otherwise), resigned to the fact that the Berties were going to win it.

That plastic hardman should have given Aguero a proper @#%&!ting before leaving the pitch - his extended departure must have contributed to the extra time that was played

Already getting texts of people who have no interest in football trying to wind me up.

Seething

Closed Thread