United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-09-2014, 11:03 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
He could have, but when did he last do that?
Dunno, when he didn't have the ghost of Jagielka haunting him

Unread 22-09-2014, 12:34 PM
Alan

£#%&! Vidic tbh. Jumped ship at the first sign of trouble and couldn't wait to tell Inter how he should have left United years ago. #@&%!.

Not one of United's centre halves have ever shown they are good enough. Evans and Smalling wouldn't be missed. Gurnlord is far too rash and reactive. Top centre halves see danger before it happens. None of them do.

Unread 22-09-2014, 01:19 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Top centre halves see danger before it happens.
hummels wouldn't even answer the phone.

Unread 22-09-2014, 01:38 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
hummels wouldn't even answer the phone.

It had probably stopped ringing by the time he got to it tbf.

Unread 22-09-2014, 02:33 PM
Sparky***

You know who United reminded me of yesterday?

Arsenal.

Very pretty and nice going forward but got bullied out of it by a lesser team. We had one decision go against us and we let it get on top of us to the point we threw the game away. Almost quintessential modern day Arsenal that is.

£#%&!ing sickens me to say it as well.

Unread 22-09-2014, 02:36 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Arsenal.

Very pretty and nice going forward but got bullied out of it by a lesser team. We had one decision go against us and we let it get on top of us to the point we threw the game away. Almost quintessential modern day Arsenal that is.

True, if it was them who'd given away three stupid goals after one bad decision went against them we'd have said "classic Arsenal". That occurred to me this morning as well.

Then again apparently Everton also did it yesterday though I didn't see any of their game.

Unread 22-09-2014, 02:40 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

Arsenal.

Reminded me of when Arsenal had a bad decision go against them and then proceeded to give away a 4 goal lead away at Newcastle

The problem now is no team will feel out of it against Utd even if we are 2 goals up and the players will also still be nervous even with a commanding lead

We really just need to string 3 or 4 wins together to build up ahead of steam

Unread 22-09-2014, 02:40 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
True, if it was them who'd given away three stupid goals after one bad decision went against them we'd have said "classic Arsenal". That occurred to me this morning as well.

Then again apparently Everton also did it yesterday though I didn't see any of their game.
I didn't realise any other game of any sport happened yesterday apart from us getting beat by Leicester. Or at least you wouldn't think so judging by the £#%&!ing news.

Unread 22-09-2014, 02:44 PM
andyroo

Quote:
I didn't realise any other game of any sport happened yesterday apart from us getting beat by Leicester. Or at least you wouldn't think so judging by the £#%&!ing news.
Fortunately the All Ireland final was on here, took a smidgin of the heat off. Not a lot though.

The vermin are lucky bastards though.

Unread 22-09-2014, 03:41 PM
jem

Quote:
didn't see balotelli's "rosberg.... lol", then?

Unread 22-09-2014, 04:12 PM
denis lawless

its fair to say the defensive line up isnt as solid as we've had in the past.....they look shaky and a bit "last gasp"

but......if you discount the two penalties, leicester were restricted to 3 shots on target.....all 3 went in

if stats are any indication....leicester restricted our sexy forwards to 5 shots on their goal....conceded 3

yesterday chelsea had 5 shots on their goal, conceded 1

city had 2, conceded 1

spurs had 4 shots on their goal...conceded 1

dont have stats for the saturday games but id expect the numbers would be similar......

so our defenders, although "looking" all over the place, dont really differ from anyone else in the division........

Unread 22-09-2014, 04:15 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
its fair to say the defensive line up isnt as solid as we've had in the past.....they look shaky and a bit "last gasp"

but......if you discount the two penalties, leicester were restricted to 3 shots on target.....all 3 went in

if stats are any indication....leicester restricted our sexy forwards to 5 shots on their goal....conceded 3

city had 2, conceded 1

dont have stats for the saturday games but id expect the numbers would be similar......

so our defenders, although "looking" all over the place, dont really differ from anyone else in the division........
Not really accurate that though is it? A 'shot' could be anything from a 25 yard pot shot that goes miles wide to a tap in..

Our "defenders" were allowing very scorable chances on our goal so the odds are that they were going to be taken. A free header, 2 pens and 2 unchallenge shots from well inside the 18 yard area.

Unread 22-09-2014, 04:19 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Not really accurate that though is it? A 'shot' could be anything from a 25 yard pot shot that goes miles wide to a tap in..

Our "defenders" were allowing very scorable chances on our goal so the odds are that they were going to be taken. A free header, 2 pens and 2 unchallenge shots from well inside the 18 yard area.
thats why i said "if stats are any indication"

but its the only thing we have as a guide....if youre restricting shots on your goal, from wherever they are coming, then surely thats the job of the defenders ?

whether its stylish like a Beckenbaur or clumsy like a jones

Unread 22-09-2014, 04:25 PM
Tiberian

Quote:

but its the only thing we have as a guide....if youre restricting shots on your goal, from wherever they are coming, then surely thats the job of the defenders ?

De Gea agenda is strong in this one.

Unread 22-09-2014, 05:01 PM
ashtonred

Quote:

city had 2, conceded 1

Papering over the cracks here. Make no mistake, we have the most dithering, lily livered defence in the league.

There is no excusing the collapse that took place yesterday. When the inevitable train crash did happen it wasn“t a good experience for the fans. Was like taking a dagger as each of their goals hit the net.

Sickening

Unread 22-09-2014, 05:10 PM
ashtonred

The Case for the Defence?

Unread 22-09-2014, 05:27 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
De Gea agenda is strong in this one.
yeah, there's an agenda

We have a manifesto and bed sheets and we're planning to lobby MPs and everything.

The £#%&!er wasn't even mentioned until you joined the dots ..........

Unread 22-09-2014, 05:35 PM
n48

Buy these three and they'd be fine:
Shawcross
Vlaar
Williams

Unread 22-09-2014, 05:42 PM
Grimson

Quote:

The idea is to restrict chances, which are different than mere shots (since, as Sparky says, a 35-yard shot really isn't much of a chance). And each chance has a degree of difficulty. We allow too many easy chances, nqat.

Unread 22-09-2014, 07:56 PM
Marvel7

Biggest spending spree in the clubs history and none of our necessities dealt with.

RB - Rafael still plays like a 13 year old and injured too often. Another RB should have been a must be it for cover, or as first choice.

CB - Rio and Vidic gone, not good enough anymore but the leadership needed replacing.

DM - Carrick badly injured and 33, Fletcher finished. Proper solid grab the game by the scruff of the neck DM was needed.

That being said, good work on the training ground can eliminate a lot of yesterdays mistakes.

Going forward, Evans and Smalling should be moved on, Shaw needs to be banned from Macdonalds, a first choice RB should be signed and someone to lead the defence should be signed.
Closed Thread