United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-09-2016, 11:46 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Sounds like a star to me tbh. Exceptional qualities in their own right. Gary Neville had a far bettter career than Raphael Burke.
And guess who's name I always drop when explaining to him that hard work can sometime make up for other weaknesses

Hope him and his younger brother don't turn into a pair of "busy @#%&!s" though

Unread 12-09-2016, 11:54 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Are there any dads on here whose kids aren't mini Maradonas?
Leave them, it's classic "parent rose-tinted specs". If their kids can run and kick a ball at the same time they all think they've got the next lionel messi.. They all think they are geniuses if they can read a couple of sentences from a harry potter book and bang on about their kids height as if they're going to enter them into a competition or something. No your kids aren't "gifted" they're not freakishly smart or tall or special. They're bang average like everyone else.

Unread 12-09-2016, 11:54 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
And guess who's name I always drop when explaining to him that hard work can sometime make up for other weaknesses

Hope him and his younger brother don't turn into a pair of "busy @#%&!s" though
Careful he doesn't turn your spare room
Into a hotel for football vloggers

Unread 12-09-2016, 12:05 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw

Mine. He's just not bad. He's 6 and a half. He doesn't play games yet but the club he trains with are really competitive and stream the best players into 'academy' teams really early. There are a few really gifted 6 yr olds who are his mates and have just been moved into the under 8 academy which has links with Spurs, Arsenal etc. So competitive at such an early stage.
there's a fair few kids from this thread that should be pushed into streams IMO

Unread 12-09-2016, 01:14 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Leave them, it's classic "parent rose-tinted specs". If their kids can run and kick a ball at the same time they all think they've got the next lionel messi.. They all think they are geniuses if they can read a couple of sentences from a harry potter book and bang on about their kids height as if they're going to enter them into a competition or something. No your kids aren't "gifted" they're not freakishly smart or tall or special. They're bang average like everyone else.
Do you wanna build a snowman? *hugs*

Unread 12-09-2016, 01:25 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Are there any dads on here whose kids aren't mini Maradonas?
Mines more of a David batty

Unread 12-09-2016, 02:00 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
It must be the folks you associate with.

As much as he wants to be a pro footballer he won't be. Sunday league but that's it. But if he does end up playing for United, I'll get him to hook you up if you ever want a ticket.

Unread 12-09-2016, 02:06 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
It must be the folks you associate with.

As much as he wants to be a pro footballer he won't be. Sunday league but that's it. But if he does end up playing for United, I'll get him to hook you up if you ever want a ticket.
Must be a London thing

Unread 12-09-2016, 02:07 PM
elephantstone

my lads under 11 team played a city academy team on Saturday morning and they were thrashed 8 nil.

I said did you learn anything from it and he replied that it is virtually impossible to get sent off in this league

Unread 12-09-2016, 02:08 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
the challenge is being a proud parent and then a complete @#%&!, tough to find a middle ground for some folks.

Unread 12-09-2016, 02:13 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
You're probably never gonna have kids now mate . Never mind .

Unread 12-09-2016, 03:17 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Scholes jnr said he was feeling ill but played anyway, he's now in hospital with suspected appendicitis
Sorry to hear that pal, all the best.

Unread 12-09-2016, 03:42 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
You're probably never gonna have kids now mate . Never mind .
Fingers crossed.

Unread 12-09-2016, 03:55 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
My eldest too tbh. Was looking for support. He plays in the premier team (as opposed to the championship team) but isn't one of the stars. Think he gets picked more because he is smart, listens to the coach and is good at organising, rather than being exceptional. Much, much better than I was at that age though. In fact he is close to being better than I am now

All this talk of academies. It's scary. Not healthy imo. Keep it fun. Sounds like these academies are bringing in more intake than they used to, which means more kids will get an early taste of rejection.

As an aside, I have a friend of a friend who was talking about his son. Same age as my oldest (8). Isn't into football apparently (he is though HK tennis champ for his age group ). Played football once, scored seven goals but found it boring oublerolleyes:
Mate coaches a team in near Glossop, he's got an under 7 offered a contract at Liverpool, theyve bought him new boots/kit and they're buying his mum a car

Unread 13-09-2016, 07:36 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
Middy lads and girls club? U13? We will be meeting at some point this season if so Ill buy you a brew. x
u11s u9s u8s I run u11s .. when your playing midd let us know

Unread 13-09-2016, 09:08 AM
Sizlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence

Premier League U13's mine pal, shame I would have liked to of met the legend.

Unread 13-09-2016, 10:33 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
do you want a friendly game one sunday against my lads team? under 11's?

Unread 13-09-2016, 06:54 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
do you want a friendly game one sunday against my lads team? under 11's?
Can do Stoney Sunday morning one week meet halfway 😂😂😂😂. Or can u organise carrington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
Premier League U13's mine pal, shame I would have liked to of met the legend.
Middy lads probably have a team that'll play you If you play em message us

Unread 19-09-2016, 12:04 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Strange old week for us. Had our first team fight at training on Thursday with 2 of our lads going right at each other.
Don't think I've ever %@#$&!ed 2 kids so much in my life.

Both lads started yesterday and one scored 2 and the other scored in a 5-0 win (scholes jnr scored a header even though he was the smallest on the pitch), all is hunky dory again

Has Stoke down watching us again yesterday and we've been invited down to play them before Christmas

Unread 19-09-2016, 12:25 PM
waynes ear's

Hope you get smashed
Closed Thread