United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-03-2013, 09:47 AM
sub three hours

Default Shit ref but I thought Madrid and Mourinho behaved with a lot of class

How come the ref didn't see the punch to Vidic's head by the keeper that floored him in the first half ? I take it that's also dangerous (regardless of intent) as the keeper could have broken his cheek bone!!!!!

Almost every challenge and action on the pitch is potentially dangerous so unless there is some element of recklessness or intent it cannot be even a yellow card.

No intent - and it can only be deemed reckless if every time someone raises their foot so high it is deemed an offence then we kill the game - no overhead kicks etc...

Without a doubt we were the better team last night, even for the last 20 minutes with 10 men we could have got back in it, but I do think that Madrid and Mourinho behaved with a lot of class.

Unread 06-03-2013, 09:48 AM
believe

cheers mate

Unread 06-03-2013, 10:15 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
How come the ref didn't see the punch to Vidic's head by the keeper that floored him in the first half ? I take it that's also dangerous (regardless of intent) as the keeper could have broken his cheek bone!!!!!

Almost every challenge and action on the pitch is potentially dangerous so unless there is some element of recklessness or intent it cannot be even a yellow card.

No intent - and it can only be deemed reckless if every time someone raises their foot so high it is deemed an offence then we kill the game - no overhead kicks etc...

Without a doubt we were the better team last night, even for the last 20 minutes with 10 men we could have got back in it, but I do think that Madrid and Mourinho behaved with a lot of class.
With the exeption of that @#%&! Ramos I agree.

£#%&!ing hate Sergio Ramos.

Unread 06-03-2013, 10:18 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours

This some sort of joke?

Unread 06-03-2013, 10:43 AM
jem

ramos is worse than terry.

mourinho is a self-serving @#%&!. if you didn't know him, you could say he showed some class last night. but we do, so he can £#%&! right off.

Unread 06-03-2013, 10:46 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

mourinho is a self-serving @#%&!. if you didn't know him, you could say he showed some class last night. but we do, so he can £#%&! right off.
he's one of the most calculating and manipulative people in football. he's never knowingly been sincere.

Unread 06-03-2013, 10:47 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
he's one of the most calculating and manipulative people in football. he's never knowingly been sincere.
this.

Unread 06-03-2013, 10:49 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
Agree. He was how he was last night 'cause he wants the United job more than anything. But, another part of me does actually think he has a massive amount of respect for Fergie, and that was part of the reason for him being semi-restrained/saying the things he did after.

Unread 06-03-2013, 10:50 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
Word.

Unread 06-03-2013, 10:50 AM
S/Side.Red

Whether you think he meant it or not, he still behaved with a lot of class, tbf

I think the stuff about the best team losing was probably more about keeping egos/expectations in check in Madrid. He'd also have been keen to maintain good relations with Fergie and United, too. But whatever the motives, he was impressive last night.

Unread 06-03-2013, 10:51 AM
elhombre

The @#%&! just wants the united job.

and i think there's something going on in the background.

but he can £#%&! off. he'd be at OT for a few years, get bored and £#%&! off for something else.

Unread 06-03-2013, 10:54 AM
andyroo

that mightn't be a bad thing per se. There won't be another Ferguson.

I wouldn't read too much into it proving he wants to manage us either. Only into it proving he wants to be talked about as a candidate. Not the same thing at all.

Unread 06-03-2013, 11:02 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

this

He doesn't believe the best team won ffs at best he's pandering to us because he's coming here, at worst he's just trying to score easy points with the ABU's and football world

"ooo look how dignified Mourinho is, saying United were the better team"

Would he have said that if we'd actually won?

£#%&! Mourinho, £#%&! Real Madrid, £#%&! @#%&!y turk@#%&!ison, £#%&! UEFA

:rattled:

Unread 06-03-2013, 11:14 AM
Child of Darkness

there is a huge amount of goodwill and respect between jose and fergul . They geniuely like each other - fergies eyes light up when people mention him .

Say what you like about Jose but he has a better record than fergie in terms of trophies won in years managed .

And hes done it in Portugal , England , Italy and Spain . Hes bound to be manipulative theres no way he could survive without that skill .

Whoever said something in the air is right - he wants the Utd job . Who can blame him for that ?

Unread 06-03-2013, 11:17 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
there is a huge amount of goodwill and respect between jose and fergul . They geniuely like each other - fergies eyes light up when people mention him .

Say what you like about Jose but he has a better record than fergie in terms of trophies won in years managed .

And hes done it in Portugal , England , Italy and Spain . Hes bound to be manipulative theres no way he could survive without that skill .

Whoever said something in the air is right - he wants the Utd job . Who can blame him for that ?
he wants a job where he'll get lots of money to spend. not united.

I'd rather not win trophies than for united to "become a bit more ramos-y".

Unread 06-03-2013, 11:20 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he wants a job where he'll get lots of money to spend. not united.

I'd rather not win trophies than for united to "become a bit more ramos-y".
He won both european trophies at Porto spending £#%&! all in the process.

The reason he wants the United job is he has seen the player power at Madrid and ithas been a constant battle for him to keep the dressing room. He sees the deference that United players have for sir frogger and he fancies a bit of it and who can blame him for that?

Unread 06-03-2013, 11:40 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
He won both european trophies at Porto spending £#%&! all in the process.

The reason he wants the United job is he has seen the player power at Madrid and ithas been a constant battle for him to keep the dressing room. He sees the deference that United players have for sir frogger and he fancies a bit of it and who can blame him for that?
Me.

Unread 06-03-2013, 11:45 AM
Liu Jian

Mourinho is a @#%&!, always has been always be. He doesn't give a shit about United.

Unread 06-03-2013, 11:48 AM
Aman27deep

Fergie isn't here for more than 2-3 years. I'd rather have Mourinho at United than any other English team, anyways.

In the meanwhile, I think he's going to manage PSG.

Unread 06-03-2013, 12:54 PM
Stickman

The point you make on the Vidic punch from the keeper...

I've always wondered why these are never fouls. If a played kicks an opponent in the head it's dangerous but goalkeepers are allowed to punch people in the head.
Closed Thread