United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-08-2022, 09:05 AM
Joe Biden

An even worse stat was Gross or whatever the @#%&! in called scored twice as many gosls at OT in 45 minutes than Rashford and sancho combined last season.

Unread 08-08-2022, 09:15 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
An even worse stat was Gross or whatever the @#%&! in called scored twice as many gosls at OT in 45 minutes than Rashford and sancho combined last season.
Ugh. Stop it. Please.

Unread 08-08-2022, 09:52 AM
atticusgrinch

Got to be this based on the current squad and pre-season:

De Gea
Dalot
Varane
Martinez
Malacia
DVB
Eriksen
Fred
Sancho
Ronaldo
Bruno

Garnacho on before 90 mins.

Unread 08-08-2022, 09:53 AM
Jethro

Zidane will be thrown in I think. Already shown he has the stones to play in that position and can't be any worse than yesterday.

Unread 08-08-2022, 09:54 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Jesus

Unread 08-08-2022, 09:55 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Zidane will be thrown in I think. Already shown he has the stones to play in that position and can't be any worse than yesterday.
Absolutely no chance. Was he even on the bench yesterday. The only young player I can see making any impact this season is Garnacho and that’s mainly because Rashford will play himself into his own demise.

Unread 08-08-2022, 09:56 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Would go with this also. Beek and Eriksen in there with the lad.

Get some ballers in the midfield. I can't ever see The Scottish Player in there again...

Unread 08-08-2022, 02:31 PM
92ToBury

De Gea

Dalot
Varane
Martinez
Malacia

Eriksen
Iqbal
Ronaldo

Bruno
Sancho
Garnacho

Drop Ronaldo back a bit to give him a bigger influence on the game. He'll still be taking free-kicks and penalties and will get more chances to shoot from outside the box.

Don't even let Maguire, Fred or Jarhead on the bench.

Unread 08-08-2022, 02:50 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Ddg

varane
maguire
martinez

malacia
dalot
fred
rabiot (?)

sancho
ericksen
bruno

Unread 08-08-2022, 02:53 PM
puressence

can see 3-4 -3

Unread 08-08-2022, 03:06 PM
ZiggyStardust

The main thing that actually worked against Brighton was Eriksen as a number 6 in the 2nd half distributing passes from deep allowing us to keep the ball and progress it into Brighton's half
Surely he has to start there against Brentford

Obviously we need to play with a centre forward so unless Martial is back then it has to Ronaldo up top even if he's not really fully match fit yet

Aside from that I probably wouldn't make any more changes

Got to stick with a somewhat settled team and hope they eventually click with how ETH wants them to play

Unread 08-08-2022, 03:11 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
The main thing that actually worked against Brighton was Eriksen as a number 6 in the 2nd half distributing passes from deep allowing us to keep the ball and progress it into Brighton's half
Surely he has to start there against Brentford

Obviously we need to play with a centre forward so unless Martial is back then it has to Ronaldo up top even if he's not really fully match fit yet

Aside from that I probably wouldn't make any more changes

Got to stick with a somewhat settled team and hope they eventually click with how ETH wants them to play
I think that’s how it will play out yeah. I think Eriksen is the most adaptable of our attacking midfielders. He can play that deeper role just fine. Stick him next to Fred (lesser of two evils), Ronaldo back up top (if he hasn’t left by then. Rashford or Martial if he has)

Unread 08-08-2022, 03:22 PM
dunk

Has to be

DdG
Dalot
Maguire
Martinez
Shaw
Fred
Eriksen
Bruno
Sancho
Rashford
Ronaldo

Whether we like it or not tbh.

Can see a defeat and things going South very quickly.

Unread 08-08-2022, 03:28 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Absolutely no chance. Was he even on the bench yesterday. The only young player I can see making any impact this season is Garnacho and that’s mainly because Rashford will play himself into his own demise.
Garner will get game time before Zidane. It's only because he was injured in pre-season that we haven't seen more of him. On the bench yesterday and could start next week.

Unread 08-08-2022, 03:31 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

If he plays Fred, Eriksen, Bruno, Sancho, Rashford, Ronaldo together away from home against a functional side like Brentford we're going down 3-1 or worse NQAT.

Will keep repeating it .. Eriksen has never ever been a deep lying midfielder. Never. Not at Ajax, not at Spurs, not at Inter, not for Denmark. If we line up with him in midfield and 4 attackers in front and Martinez behind in a back 4 formation we'll get pumped by most of the league. We're 90 minutes of football away from ETH saying Eriksen makes a good CF ffs

Unread 08-08-2022, 03:34 PM
goonlooca

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Can see a defeat and things going South very quickly.

Unread 08-08-2022, 03:36 PM
tatty

I can see a vastly improved performance.

Brentford 3 - 1 Ushited

Unread 08-08-2022, 03:37 PM
windy waffles

De Gea

Dalot Maguire Martinez Shaw

Rabiot Fred

Sancho Bruno Eriksen

Arnautovic

Unread 13-08-2022, 05:08 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe