United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-11-2014, 05:08 PM
MarkG

Default Move on and put that farce behind us

Here's my match review. However, I don't think we can take much from that farce. I hate blaming referees but what was he doing in that game? Doesn't book Zabaletta for a blatant yellow then seconds later books Smalling for the block on the goal kick. Then takes it as a compliment when Hart puts his forehead against his!

United were good enough to get something today but the sending off totally destroyed the contest. City can count themselves very lucky. They won't win the league this year and the likes of Everton and Southampton should get something out of their games against City.

Unread 02-11-2014, 05:09 PM
red in cumbria

Fair assessment, pal

Unread 02-11-2014, 05:10 PM
believe

The match thread in a nut shell, cheers pal.

Ps whatever zabaletta did, does not excuse what Smailling did, hth

Unread 02-11-2014, 05:10 PM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs up

Marky you brighten up the post match depression pal

Edit: You've inspired me to do a response v blog..... starting a movement....

Will post soon.

Unread 02-11-2014, 05:13 PM
92ToBury

Bellers is right, definite sending off but they were let of numerous bookings. We're not playing badly but we need to look at how players keep getting injured.

Unread 02-11-2014, 05:16 PM
barrington avenue

bang on yet again...

i could not believe Hart got away with that while biggie Smalls gets booked for daring to half raise a leg in front of the keeper!!

football is £#%&!ed up

Unread 02-11-2014, 05:17 PM
MarkG

I hope I made it clear in the video but I agree in any other game Smalling was an idiot and deserved to go. However, in that game he shouldn't have been carded for the block on the goal kick. You can't book him for that then not book Zabelleta seconds earlier, Hart seconds after for the head incident and that French left back for two obvious yellows on J@&%!ag.

Oliver ruined the game as a contest. For that he should be castigated because fans want to see a proper game. They don't want to see what he created today.

Unread 02-11-2014, 05:19 PM
HotChip

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkG
I hope I made it clear in the video but I agree in any other game Smalling was an idiot and deserved to go. However, in that game he shouldn't have been carded for the block on the goal kick. You can't book him for that then not book Zabelleta seconds earlier, Hart seconds after for the head incident and that French left back for two obvious yellows on J@&%!ag.

Oliver ruined the game as a contest. For that he should be castigated because fans want to see a proper game. They don't want to see what he created today.
Blocking a goal kick is an automatic yellow card. Like kick8ng the ball away.. taking shirt off etc.... The ref had no alternative.

Unread 02-11-2014, 05:19 PM
believe

Careful Mark, by talking shit you're slowly losing me as a big fan.

Unread 02-11-2014, 05:23 PM
barrington avenue

Quote:

although i love your Jamie Redknapp it needs a bit of work....

Unread 02-11-2014, 05:23 PM
92ToBury

Quote:

Smalling created it himself.

No booking for Hart hopefully means he'll receive a ban on review.

Unread 02-11-2014, 05:33 PM
jem

cliché / clichy? that is so clever.

can't believe you didn't mention jamie's waistcoat/jacket combo. :shakehead:

Unread 02-11-2014, 05:37 PM
MagnificentSeven

admire markg tbh. gets ripped to shreds on here constantly yet comes back for more, and keeps posting his videos like a single £#%&! is not being given. the living embodiment of "come at me, bro"

Unread 02-11-2014, 06:00 PM
MarkG

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChip
Blocking a goal kick is an automatic yellow card. Like kick8ng the ball away.. taking shirt off etc.... The ref had no alternative.
So why didn't he book Zabaletta Clichy X2 and Hart for blatant yellows? That's the point.

Unread 02-11-2014, 06:02 PM
irk

Quote:

I'm not sure you understand how time works

Unread 02-11-2014, 06:03 PM
HotChip

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk

Unread 02-11-2014, 07:03 PM
signed dc

Bit nippy in the soccer box today Mark?

Unread 02-11-2014, 07:05 PM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk

Unread 02-11-2014, 07:18 PM
Throw

Do you not have rights to any of the footage Mark? When you said "let's have a look at it then" I was expecting to see some sort of highlights package.

Unread 02-11-2014, 07:44 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
Closed Thread