United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-11-2014, 08:52 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Look out for AnaltolyKasparov and BJtheBear. Both Fredsters.

Think Zorg is on there too somewhere.
They - whoever they might be, ahem - haven't done the football threads for ages.

One is reliably informed they are thinking of changing that, though

Unread 05-11-2014, 09:08 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
They - whoever they might be, ahem - haven't done the football threads for ages.

One is reliably informed they are thinking of changing that, though

I've barely been on there until the past couple of days and already got a scouse stalker outraged at anything I say

Unread 05-11-2014, 09:19 PM
djsst

Quote:
Man Utd have 28 games remaining, of which 11 are par 1 matches and 17 are par 3.

17x3=51
+11=62

If they were to play to par for the remainder of the season, they would score another 62 points, which added to their 13 so far would give them 75.
What's interesting is that they still have 11 par 1 matches to play. Each of those is, on paper, a chance to make up ground on the APLT. If they were to win them all, they'd gain 22 points to par. Assuming they also won all of their par 3 games, that would give them a final APLT total of +7 and a points total of 97. But to do that, they would need to win 28 matches on the run, which is double their previous best ever league run.

Unread 05-11-2014, 09:24 PM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsst

Unread 06-11-2014, 03:17 AM
Chris Quayd

“If I had been in Stevie’s shoes, I don’t know if I would have been able to carry on playing,” the Barcelona striker recalls. “Emotionally, it must have been very, very hard.

“In the previous weeks, so much had been said about him, the expectation had built so much, the talk had been about him leading Liverpool, his club, to a first title in over 20 years, on the 25th anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster, in which his cousin had died, and then that happens. The captain, the former youth-teamer, the one-club man, the @#%&!, a Scouser born and bred, and he was the unlucky one to make a crucial mistake.

“He still hadn’t won the league title. Stevie had started to believe, we all had. And now it had been virtually taken away from him and like that, with him slipping against Chelsea. I’m convinced that if Chelsea had not scored like that, they would not have scored at all. And once you are a goal down against them, it’s virtually impossible.”

Suárez’s book, released on Thursday, reveals that he made the mistake of starting to think Liverpool had virtually won the league, asking one of their coaches whether there was anything special planned at the end of the season, and hearing other players openly talking about it.

“We had gone into the game knowing that a draw was good for us. With the atmosphere at Anfield, with the fact that we had just beaten [Manchester] City, our attitude remained the same: we wanted to win. But we were conscious of the fact that with a draw we were still ahead of everyone. What I didn’t expect was for them to play for the draw. It’s true that they won the game but I am convinced that without that stroke of luck, they would not have scored.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...-jose-mourinho

Unread 06-11-2014, 04:11 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
“If I had been in Stevie’s shoes, I don’t know if I would have been able to carry on playing,” the Barcelona striker recalls. “Emotionally, it must have been very, very hard.

“In the previous weeks, so much had been said about him, the expectation had built so much, the talk had been about him leading Liverpool, his club, to a first title in over 20 years, on the 25th anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster, in which his cousin had died, and then that happens. The captain, the former youth-teamer, the one-club man, the @#%&!, a Scouser born and bred, and he was the unlucky one to make a crucial mistake.

“He still hadn’t won the league title. Stevie had started to believe, we all had. And now it had been virtually taken away from him and like that, with him slipping against Chelsea. I’m convinced that if Chelsea had not scored like that, they would not have scored at all. And once you are a goal down against them, it’s virtually impossible.”

Suárez’s book, released on Thursday, reveals that he made the mistake of starting to think Liverpool had virtually won the league, asking one of their coaches whether there was anything special planned at the end of the season, and hearing other players openly talking about it.

“We had gone into the game knowing that a draw was good for us. With the atmosphere at Anfield, with the fact that we had just beaten [Manchester] City, our attitude remained the same: we wanted to win. But we were conscious of the fact that with a draw we were still ahead of everyone. What I didn’t expect was for them to play for the draw. It’s true that they won the game but I am convinced that without that stroke of luck, they would not have scored.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...-jose-mourinho

It's a bit funny them saying that without that lucky slip, Chelsea wouldn't have scored. - as if the slip was just a piece of bad luck. It wasn't - it was a mistake. The slip was a result of Gerrard completely missing his touch, and then panicking. Very much like JT 'slipping' over his penalty. It didn't just happen - he slipped because his technique was poor.

Unread 06-11-2014, 10:04 AM
Mr_Ed

Serves the arrogant #@&%!s right for thinking they'd won it... Ha ha ha. Hope Chelsea spank them this weekend and give slope head a shit load of abuse.

Unread 06-11-2014, 10:15 AM
Whip Hubley

Reminds me of our attitude in '12 tbh..... unforgivable, but at least we learned from it the following season

Unread 06-11-2014, 10:27 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Serves the arrogant #@&%!s right for thinking they'd won it... Ha ha ha. Hope Chelsea spank them this weekend and give slope head a shit load of abuse.

Unread 06-11-2014, 01:30 PM
innit

A living legend.

His name should be sung for 90 minutes when we play the mortal enemy.

Unread 07-11-2014, 01:43 AM
wonky no

A fanzine called boss mag

Mary mother of Eric

Unread 07-11-2014, 05:16 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
A fanzine called boss mag

Mary mother of Eric

Bit like their club fragrance...."Howya Boss"

Scum

Unread 07-11-2014, 12:06 PM
HERTS_RED

Unread 07-11-2014, 12:08 PM
Switching Off

lulz

Unread 07-11-2014, 12:10 PM
Lok

He'd have stayed if there were a few trans in there.

Unread 07-11-2014, 01:12 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERTS_RED

Unread 07-11-2014, 02:41 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Just realised they've Palace away again after Chelsea at home.

Wonder if it'll be like this outside Anfield tomorrow.

Unread 07-11-2014, 02:44 PM
Sparky***

"What have we done to deserve this"?

Yes, what indeed
Closed Thread