United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 02-11-2014, 04:40 PM
innit

Moyes 16 points from 10 games last season.

Van Gaal 13 points from 10 games this season

Just saying.

Van Gaal in by the way.

Unread 02-11-2014, 04:41 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
Could be anything. Playing centre half for us is like being drummer for Spinal Tap.

£#%&!ing cursed.

witter87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Don't use me to express how you feel.

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
i agree, and surely we're due a win against them sometime soon, but it was probably sensible for us to sit back a bit after the red card. in the 6-1 after evans got sent off i remember we kept pushing our men up the pitch looking to score and they kept hitting us on the break.

obviously i'm not relishing in a defeat but to draw with chelsea and only lose very narrowly to city away with a defender off is better than some were expecting. we've had people expecting 6-0 defeats in both games.

some city fans i know seem to be quite frustrated after that, that they couldn't punish us severely.
How come when we were brilliant and they were shit they managed to win the occasional Derby but now that they are good and we're shit they are still winning

Unread 02-11-2014, 04:42 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by innit

Just saying.

Van Gaal in by the way.
Moyes, title winning side.

Van gaal, Moyesed side.

Just contexting.

Unread 02-11-2014, 04:43 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Lvg should have found a way to keep the likes of Nani and Kagawa around the squad, Utd lack depth in attacking areas, especially wide.
they also lack pace. it's glaringly obvious when you're down to ten and your best chance comes on the break. i think of the best two counter-attacking goals i've seen from united in recent years - both against arsenal, rooney in the league and park in the CL semi. both occasions we were breaking with the likes of ronaldo, rooney at peak fitness, nani and park - who, whatever you think of him, could at least shift a bit. aside from di maria, who had an atrocious game today, we were looking at a front four of fellaini, blind, rooney and van persie, the latter two having lost a yard in the last couple of years. januzaj is never the quickest either.

makes the marginalisation of nani, kagawa, welbeck etc very difficult to understand.

Unread 02-11-2014, 04:43 PM
wonky no

We started with a make shift back 4. Lost one to a sending off and another to injury. Our sub was back for his first game in ages and was asked to play out of position. Despite that we still held our own away from home against last seasons champions. We created enough chances to beat them despite di Maria playing less than fantastic.

If we had played this way against mid to bottom of the league we'd be comfortabley in the top 4. Compare and contrast us and liverpool. They are a. Club on the slide. We're heading in the right direction.

Unread 02-11-2014, 04:44 PM
djsst

A dislocated shoulder usually happens after a heavy fall onto the arm. It takes between 12 and 16 weeks to heal after the arm has been reconnected.

Sparky***

People talking like "we have to get points on the board RIGHT NOW!!"...

So what happens if we don't? So what If we don't make the champions league? If, as expected, this season of much change continues to throw up inconsistent performances?

So what? Are we going to have to sell all our players at a car boot sale? Will the bulldozers turn up at old trafford on May 31st?

No. You get about £50m for winning the champions league. We'll make that back by signing a couple of noodle sponsorships and bog roll.

MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
How come when we were brilliant and they were shit they managed to win the occasional Derby but now that they are good and we're shit they are still winning
because they didn't have chris smalling in their team.

dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez
1-0 down, away to the champions, playing with 10 men, none of our first four choice centre backs on the pitch and having a go. Seen worse
Sums it up well. We did alright today, they were shite.

Smalling is a thick @#%&! though. Wants £#%&!ing for that. All our weeks prep and gameplan out the window.

Unread 02-11-2014, 04:46 PM
Darth Vidic

I thought the team showed great character.

Confused by the continual Janujaz criticism, he turned Clichy & would have been in behind him had he not been fouled. That should have been a card for Clichy (some incredible refereeing today) & would have made things more interesting. He should continue.

The problems with the defence have been outlined all season. However, what's also hurting us is the lack of a mobile striker. But for the one flash of brilliance, Van Persie didn't really offer much. It's sad to see the contrast between our main strikers & City's Aguero; he's dynamic & dangerous all game whereas ours are slow & limited to one or two good moments in a match.

It's like RVN's latter days - we improved so much when we went with the Saha style player.

That run from Rooney

Unread 02-11-2014, 04:46 PM
TheKitchenSink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
Unsure if serious, but no chance.
They are now above us in the table, so why not?

Mourinho must be pissing himself. Chelsea could have the league sewn up by March.

Chelsea/City/Arsenal will defo get into the top 4, leaves us vying for the final spot with Liverpool, Spurs, Everton and maybe Southamption, though I expect their form to falter around Xmas. There's always a couple of smaller clubs who have a great start but crumble mid season.

It's possible for us to get 4th, but we need to spend more dollars in January to improve the defence. What we have just isn't good enough.

Unread 02-11-2014, 04:47 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
What we looking at with Rojo then? Dislocated shoulder?
We only have 1 game in the next 3 weeks. * home to palace.

red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by innit

Just saying.

Van Gaal in by the way.
"Just saying" something that is only mentioned by £#%&!wits.

Moyes inherited winners, he turned them into losers - LvG has to make them into the former again.

And but for that satanic spawn Clattenburg, he would be equal on points anyway

Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
People talking like "we have to get points on the board RIGHT NOW!!"...

So what happens if we don't? So what If we don't make the champions league? If, as expected, this season of much change continues to throw up inconsistent performances?

So what? Are we going to have to sell all our players at a car boot sale? Will the bulldozers turn up at old trafford on May 31st?

No. You get about £50m for winning the champions league. We'll make that back by signing a couple of noodle sponsorships and bog roll.
Personally I'm more bothered about seeing United play good football than getting 4th place. They're not doing that or anything close so far.

Unread 02-11-2014, 04:48 PM
dragflick

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Personally I'm more bothered about seeing United play good football than 4th place. They're not doing that or anything close so far.
£#%&! off Alan.

Unread 02-11-2014, 04:49 PM
Cream

Just had a post match piss with fart that lasted fully 5 seconds.

Almost fainted.

Alan

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
£#%&! off Alan.
Immense argument tbf.

That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Personally I'm more bothered about seeing United play good football than getting 4th place. They're not doing that or anything close so far.

Haha.