Originally Posted by Sparky***
oh shutup you tart it was a joke.

Unread 08-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Zorg

Default Re: FC United FA Cup thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
re-read it,

if they had read out the statement on al jazeera with headbands and a bedsheet in the background with the fa cup held at sword point it couldnt BE more Militant......
This is one of those times I wish I was good at Photoshop.

By 'good' I mean 'had any idea whatsoever how to use it'.

Unread 08-11-2010, 04:27 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

Just try a really shit effort in MS Paint and call it a ‘photoshop’. Works for half the forum tbf disgusted.

Unread 08-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

MS paint...?

Unread 08-11-2010, 04:40 PM
Zorg

Thumbs up Re: FC United FA Cup thread

Unread 08-11-2010, 04:44 PM
jaffo

Quote:
Good effort

Unread 08-11-2010, 04:55 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Harri?

Unread 08-11-2010, 04:55 PM
Sparky***

that's sublime.

Unread 08-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Bunker Buster

Good work zorgy.

See FC are Evil.

Unread 08-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Baron

ffs

Unread 08-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Tumescent Throb

i haven't read the FC 'manifesto' tbh, but i do know that one of the best lines in any football song i've ever heard is "don't pay glazer or work for sky". that single line seemed to me at the time to represent perfectly the entire raison d'etre of the thing.

the question being asked is whether or not these decisions just 5 years down the line demonstrate the suspicion that some people had formative ideas back then of how they'd explain slugging whisky round the kitchen table.

Unread 08-11-2010, 05:16 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
the question being asked is whether or not these decisions just 5 years down the line demonstrate the suspicion that some people had formative ideas back then of how they'd explain slugging whisky round the kitchen table.
In that case, the question is cynical and nit-picky and doesn't deserve an answer.

Unread 08-11-2010, 05:22 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
What the £#%&! are you on about?

It's all very simple and you're perfectly aware of fc's determination to be at heart, a fan-friendly entity that is opposed to gross exploitation and pursuit of financial gain ahead of members' interests and wishes.

There is no unhinged agenda like you're trying to infer, so why not just accept what they say and leave them be?

Unread 08-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Tumescent Throb

because it interests me.

it's all very well standing for something from a moral pov, but then you have to accept scrutiny. you are subject to the same scrutiny you yourselves have applied in taking your stance shall we say.

anyway, it's all good fun...

Unread 08-11-2010, 05:52 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
because it interests me.

it's all very well standing for something from a moral pov, but then you have to accept scrutiny. you are subject to the same scrutiny you yourselves have applied in taking your stance shall we say.

anyway, it's all good fun...
Fair enough. Scrutiny and accountability to their members and stakeholders is one thing; groundless, barely-concealed slurs are another.
Quote:
some people had formative ideas back then of how they'd explain slugging whisky round the kitchen table.
All good fun, as you say.

Unread 08-11-2010, 06:10 PM
forwardirektion

Wish someone would set fire to thingy throb tbh.....at least with waynes ears you're just getting the soundings off from a mentally unhinged recovering drug addict/non league fan.
Thingy throb is an overly verbose shit stirrer, "0oooh look at me I'm stirring debate"....It was done 5 years ago mate.
While I'm at it Borsuk is a bit boring and my dislike of Reem has disappeared.

I'm still rought from this weekend, it was mint.

Actually I don't mind throb tbh, he's just a bit weird I suppose.

Unread 08-11-2010, 06:16 PM
redloner

I never thought I'd see the day we seriously debated club policy based on a line in a terrace song.

In other news, United fans are seen building bonfires and others exposing themselves fornicating with non-functioning liquid-carrying equipment.

Unread 08-11-2010, 06:19 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Fair enough. Scrutiny and accountability to their members and stakeholders is one thing; groundless, barely-concealed slurs are another.

All good fun, as you say.
so what? you're saying that the stance on one-off TV was barely thought out and the potential future assimilation into collective tv rights deals hadn't even been considered? hmm...

anyway, you need to be careful with your arguments imo...

the idea that you can take a moral stance against the way football is going/has gone, but yet only be accountable to and only recognise the right to scrutiny of your own members and stakeholders seems to me like very shaky ground. anyway, these appear to be fairly sore points so i'll probably leave it there atm...

Unread 08-11-2010, 06:23 PM
believe

Quote:
i haven't read the FC 'manifesto' tbh, but i do know that one of the best lines in any football song i've ever heard is "don't pay glazer or work for sky". that single line seemed to me at the time to represent perfectly the entire raison d'etre of the thing.

say sing that because nothing rhymes with ESPN

Unread 08-11-2010, 06:25 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by redloner
I never thought I'd see the day we seriously debated club policy based on a line in a terrace song.

In other news, United fans are seen building bonfires and others exposing themselves fornicating with non-functioning liquid-carrying equipment.

And allowing dead Canadians to interfere with their spouses.
Closed Thread