United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-05-2007, 09:20 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Some of you will not agree with this but Gray was right when he said United missed a player like Roy Keane last night.

Last year away to Chelsea when they were rolled over was the same, United need someone who can grab a hold of the game from midfield when everyone else around them is underperforming.
That player isn't Hargreaves I'm afraid. I don't know many midfielders around today that have the personality. Gattuso perhaps but other than that? There's an awful lot of 'quiet' players around these days which is fine but in tough games, especially the away games, you need that bit extra especially when things are going against you.

They kept on about Juve in 99 but I didn't see the point, not one of the players that turned out yesterday could put in a performance like Roy did. Rooney and Ronnie may do one day but last night came too soon for them IMO.

Unread 03-05-2007, 09:34 AM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
after last nights performance, i'd let Heinze go. Silvestre? does he have a future at the club?

Out: Mickey, Gabby, Richardson, Fletcher, O'Shea, Brown, Smith, Saha.
In: Evans, Pique, Rossi, Hargreaves, Nani.

nft.

Good subtle WUM there El - I know people used to accuse us of being a club full of right backs but leaving just G Nev and Evra capable of playing there is a step too far

Unread 03-05-2007, 08:17 PM
jem

hargreaves and essien in case one of them gets injured.

and maybe joey barton. he'll be cheap.

Unread 03-05-2007, 08:27 PM
Tropical

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he'll be cheap.
always is.

Unread 03-05-2007, 08:39 PM
Harfynn Teuport

Go back in for Senna.
Closed Thread