United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-01-2013, 07:36 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Default kagawa

must say i'm underwhelmed from what we've seen so far.

he's yet to have a meaningful influence on a match.

the role he played today is supposed to be his best position. what did he do? i don't remember him do anything apart from the foul on dembele and some early involvement in the build up to our goal.

plenty of examples of players of his stature being a success in this league and it's not like the style of play in germany is dissimilar.

he's neat and tidy and has some nice touches. but it's not enough when playing the number 10 role for united. even rooney on his worst day - at least he's still always looking to get involved and you're aware he's on the pitch.

Unread 20-01-2013, 07:37 PM
believe

I'm whelmed. He's obviously a very good player but nothing like what we need at the minute. He's not that different to Park if we're completely honest and I don't just mean good looking.

Unread 20-01-2013, 07:39 PM
Sparky***

I don't think we're going to see the best of him until next season. He's quite obviously struggling like £#%&! to deal with the 100mph football in the premier league.

Knowing where the £#%&! to play him and what system to play him in would help.

Unread 20-01-2013, 07:41 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I don't think we're going to see the best of him until next season. He's quite obviously struggling like £#%&! to deal with the 100mph football in the premier league.

Knowing where the £#%&! to play him and what system to play him in would help.
unfortunately i think he's going to end up playing out wide a lot of the time because he's not as good as rooney.

Unread 20-01-2013, 07:41 PM
MUFC One Love

He played in his proper position today but it was an unusual system for us.

Unread 20-01-2013, 07:45 PM
TheKitchenSink

He has more potential than Park, but if Froggy keeps this up he'll soon just be JSP MKII.

Unread 20-01-2013, 07:48 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
He played in his proper position today but it was an unusual system for us.
Sums it up perfectly for me. Basically when he plays in his right position we're out of shape as a team and when we are in shape there is no place for him.

Once Rooney is fully fit he will rarely play and be made to look a @#%&! of. He's never going to be an impact player and we're never going to need a player who let's the game pass him by mainly before creating an opportunity.

Unread 20-01-2013, 07:50 PM
The Watcher

Fergul's spent a few years trying to sign this sort of player - Big Wes, Ozil, Hazard etc, before finally landing Kaggers. But in that time, he doesn't appear to have given any thought to what he'll do when he finally gets one.

The Jap's been played in a few positions this season and, tbh, Fergie probably has better options in each of those areas. Doesn't help that he's not been anything special so far. United's best set up remains a proper 442 and that doesn't really leave any place for him.

Delighted we bought him instead of a proper midfielder in the summer tbh

Unread 20-01-2013, 07:54 PM
Sergeant Fox

The next Silva apparently.

Unread 20-01-2013, 07:54 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Once Rooney is fully fit he will rarely play and be made to look a @#%&! of. He's never going to be an impact player and we're never going to need a player who let's the game pass him by mainly before creating an opportunity.
Ah, I now see why Fergal bought him

Unread 20-01-2013, 07:55 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Fergul's spent a few years trying to sign this sort of player - Big Wes, Ozil, Hazard etc, before finally landing Kaggers. But in that time, he doesn't appear to have given any thought to what he'll do when he finally gets one.

The Jap's been played in a few positions this season and, tbh, Fergie probably has better options in each of those areas. Doesn't help that he's not been anything special so far. United's best set up remains a proper 442 and that doesn't really leave any place for him.

Delighted we bought him instead of a proper midfielder in the summer tbh
big watcherers has nailed it tbf.

Unread 20-01-2013, 07:57 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergeant Fox
The next Silva apparently.
Well he took a while to fully settle in at ciddy, so hopefully not a bad parallel......

Unread 20-01-2013, 07:57 PM
Ethers

He has more potential than Park, ffs

I've seen people on The Undateables with more potential than Park.

Unread 20-01-2013, 07:58 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
big watcherers has nailed it tbf.
by rewording what I said the £#%&!ing plag. plajur..copying @#%&!.

Unread 20-01-2013, 08:00 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
He has more potential than Park, ffs

I've seen people on The Undateables with more potential than Park.
why is it always about the looks with you?? we're not all blessed with the ability to get a girls dad to kill us.

Unread 20-01-2013, 08:00 PM
Mr Castro

I haven't exactly been underwhelmed by him but I just think he's been in and out a bit too much to fully find his potential yet. I'm willing to give him time. He won't turn into a Ronaldo or anything, but he'll turn out to be a good signing overall. He's just come back from a long layoff and he hasn't looked bad per se in the matches he's had since, it's just he's tired in matches, but that'll happen. Give him time, he'll come good.

Unread 20-01-2013, 08:01 PM
ziggyman17

good player, but not good enough for utd to change it's whole system to accommodate.. in other words not good enough for utd to build their team around,,

Unread 20-01-2013, 08:02 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
by rewording what I said the £#%&!ing plag. plajur..copying @#%&!.

Unread 20-01-2013, 08:02 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Castro
I haven't exactly been underwhelmed by him but I just think he's been in and out a bit too much to fully find his potential yet. I'm willing to give him time. He won't turn into a Ronaldo or anything, but he'll turn out to be a good signing overall. He's just come back from a long layoff and he hasn't looked bad per se in the matches he's had since, it's just he's tired in matches, but that'll happen. Give him time, he'll come good.
How dare you talk sense on this thread

Unread 20-01-2013, 08:05 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
you are one of only two or three people to get that
Closed Thread