United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-09-2008, 08:08 PM
Sparky***

Default John O'Shea, even against such awful opposition he manages to look shit.

..he must practice at being crap surely?

Unread 30-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Grimson

The problem, and I know this has been said before, is that he's just not very good at football. But he's bad in a reliable way, insofar as Fergie can put him out there and know exactly what his limitations will mean to the game. Whereas someone like Nani, on current form, you can tell Fergie won't put up with that for long.

The fact he's pulled on the United shirt as many times as he has makes him one of the luckiest players in the history of professional football.

Unread 30-09-2008, 08:14 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
The problem, and I know this has been said before, is that he's just not very good at football. But he's bad in a reliable way, insofar as Fergie can put him out there and know exactly what his limitations will mean to the game. Whereas someone like Nani, on current form, you can tell Fergie won't put up with that for long.

The fact he's pulled on the United shirt as many times as he has makes him one of the luckiest players in the history of professional football.
he managed to £#%&! up probably the most simple thing in football earlier - namely a 3 yard square pass.

Unread 30-09-2008, 08:24 PM
FraUtd

2nd (?) season for United in Europe, breaking from the back and nutmegging Figo down the wing.

Look at him now

Unread 30-09-2008, 08:28 PM
Bunker Buster

Didnt realise he was playing.

which is a good thing.

Unread 30-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Flowers of Manchester

"10 men we've only got 10 men"

£#%&! me I know they were shit (how shit celtic must be!) but to play with 10 men was taking the piss bit far!

Unread 30-09-2008, 08:41 PM
Tumescent Throb

o'shea did pretty well, especially giving Rafael the freedom he had

laughable to criticise his inclusion tonight when he's more than played his part in a promising tactical pattern of play

Unread 30-09-2008, 08:45 PM
magic_cantona

He can't even play a simple 5 yard pass.

It's extraordinary that he's still a United player.

Unread 30-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Wasn't that bad. Nani was a lot lot worse.

Unread 30-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Wasn't that bad. Nani was a lot lot worse.
Yep because Nani actually has talent unlike Big Jonno.

Unread 30-09-2008, 08:53 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
o'shea did pretty well, especially giving Rafael the freedom he had

laughable to criticise his inclusion tonight when he's more than played his part in a promising tactical pattern of play
Fact.

He did his job very well. Gave the ball away less than a handful of times despite being partnerd by an ageing winger for the majority of the game and getting no tracking back from the front 4.

If he plays, he is shite. The United fan mantra with regards to O'Shea, no matter how he plays. Simpletons.

Unread 30-09-2008, 08:55 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Fact.

He did his job very well. Gave the ball away less than a handful of times despite being partnerd by an ageing winger for the majority of the game and getting no tracking back from the front 4.

If he plays, he is shite. The United fan mantra with regards to O'Shea, no matter how he plays. Simpletons.
He only had the ball a handfull of times.

It's the simple things that he just can't seem to do which amazes me.Some of the simple passes, which he gives away or kicks into touch, are £#%&!ing embarrassing.

Unread 30-09-2008, 08:59 PM
Ether

That ball to Rafael from about 5 yards, that he put straight into touch, just sums the fat @#%&! up.

Unread 30-09-2008, 09:01 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
That ball to Rafael from about 5 yards, that he put straight into touch, just sums the fat @#%&! up.
I think that's what Rafael wanted to go off. He'd had enough of that useless @#%&!.

Unread 30-09-2008, 09:02 PM
marlo stansfield

i thought he had a decent game. made the odd mistake but thats because he doesnt play often.
same with wes brown when you dont play alot and get a chance you will no doubt make the odd mistake or two...

a good squad player who has done more then enough to prove his worth to the squad.

Unread 30-09-2008, 09:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Fact.

Yes, he was under such an unbelievable amount of pressure as well given the high quality of the opposition.

Unread 30-09-2008, 09:03 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I think that's what Rafael wanted to go off. He'd had enough of that useless @#%&!.
Embarrassed to be in the same team.

Quote:

That was absolutley dreadful.

Unread 30-09-2008, 09:06 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
That was absolutley dreadful.
It was so bad that they actually cut to Ronnie, half the pitch away, going 'For £#%&!s sake!'

Unread 30-09-2008, 09:08 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
It was so bad that they actually cut to Ronnie, half the pitch away, going 'For £#%&!s sake!'

Funny, when he knocked the ball out, he turns around and starts giving Rafael instructions on where to put the ball.

"Yes John, but I won't be slamming the £#%&!er into touch."

Unread 30-09-2008, 09:15 PM
Tronics

not his fault imo.

i think everyone knows o'shea isn't the most gifted footballer especially when played in midfield.

didn't see the harm in playing Fletcher or Gibson today.
Closed Thread