United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-03-2011, 02:58 AM
Turin

Default Re: Why isn't Dimitar getting a game?

Unread 16-03-2011, 03:53 AM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansy
It's strange that he's being benched now he's showing his ability.

Ferie had 2 years to bench him!
Exactly

Would have been easier to bench him when SAF was determined to play him through is bad patch

We work better as an attacking force with Pea as his quick and mobile

You can play Rooney, Valencia, Park or Nani on either side without having to sacrifice (the little) midfield guile we have.

Berbs is a luxury player. The problem we have is we dont have the players to accommodate or fill in for him we he "doesn't turn up"

For that reason I'd rather have Pea play and know what I'm gonna get, then the mercurial talisman that is Berbs

Unread 16-03-2011, 04:05 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turin
Yeah, spotted this too. Think Fergie noticed Berbs slumped in his seat and mentioned it to Micky who then peered over and had a chuckle when he saw him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Did anyone see the bit towards the end of the first half I think where Ferguson seemed to be staring absent mindedly down, then he turned to Phelan, nudged him and seemed to point towards Berba who was sitting infront of him. Then they both started laughing.

It must have been something in the dugout below, but what the camera caught it looked like they were laughing at Berba.
I actually think SAF realised he was on tv there because it was strange he and Phelan stopped looking straight after SAF had seemingly pointed something out to him. (Phelan was yet to look)

Berbatov was rested tonight, nqat

Unread 16-03-2011, 06:22 AM
borsuk

fergie on the rooney-hernandez pairing:
Quote:
Chicharito made it 16 goals for the season and Sir Alex admits the Mexican has surpassed everyone's expectactions at the club.

"We thought he was a young lad who was going to progress and maybe have to get used to our training and English football, but he's been an absolute star and a real bonus for us," the boss told MUTV. "His movement is fantastic, he's always on the move, and his timing of runs is terrific. He's always on the last defender.

"They're a good combination. Their partnership has been developing really well. Where Wayne has played in the last couple of games has really threatened teams. He's got such power and speed with ball."

rooney
Quote:
"He's (Hernandez) got great movement so I'm playing the position that I did when I started playing professionally. I'm enjoying it and thankfully he's a finisher," Rooney added.

"It's not often forwards get the chance to be on ball and enjoy playing. I enjoyed tonight."

Unread 16-03-2011, 08:47 AM
teflon_terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
That rooney quote bodes well for when he replaces scholes in cm.

Unread 16-03-2011, 08:51 AM
mazza

As good as he is Berbs slows the game down, sometimes too much. i would not be supprised to see him leave in the summer when considering his age and the remaining years on his contract. Is as seems likely that 2 or 3 outfield players and a keeper come in, I think berbs may have to go to offset some of the expendature. IMO.

Unread 16-03-2011, 09:20 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazza
As good as he is Berbs slows the game down, sometimes too much. i would not be supprised to see him leave in the summer when considering his age and the remaining years on his contract. Is as seems likely that 2 or 3 outfield players and a keeper come in, I think berbs may have to go to offset some of the expendature. IMO.
He may slow it down but he's an absolute god send when we have a 1 goal lead and are on the backfoot. Takes it down freom all heights and sapeeds with both feet and capable of holding onto it solo better than anyone on our side since Ronnie.

I take your point though but its great for the squad that he takes the bench like a team mates team mate.

Unread 16-03-2011, 09:48 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
He may slow it down but he's an absolute god send when we have a 1 goal lead and are on the backfoot. Takes it down freom all heights and sapeeds with both feet and capable of holding onto it solo better than anyone on our side since Ronnie.

I take your point though but its great for the squad that he takes the bench like a team mates team mate.
agree with that. He's an excellent pro. Never complains, never says anything bad about his team mates or gets 'misquoted' back home. There are other games he's more suited too and he'll get plenty of game time in the run-in. I only hope the time out the side hasn't affected his confidence.

Unread 16-03-2011, 10:10 AM
believe

I'll post my thoughts later when I've stopped laughing

Unread 16-03-2011, 10:17 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I'll post my thoughts later when I've stopped laughing
£30 Million for a player who’s always dropped for our most important games. It’s like a bad joke :shakehead:

Unread 16-03-2011, 10:45 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
£30 Million for a player who’s always dropped for our most important games. It’s like a bad joke :shakehead:
and yet we only paid 6 million for little pea. i suppose it doesn't really matter as long as one of them is scoring goals, but still...

fergie and shorts man were definitely ripping the piss out of berbles sulking. very funny it was, too.

Unread 16-03-2011, 10:49 AM
beansy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
and yet we only paid 6 million for little pea. i suppose it doesn't really matter as long as one of them is scoring goals, but still...

fergie and shorts man were definitely ripping the piss out of berbles sulking. very funny it was, too.
I think his expression on the bench is becoming a bit of a running joke.

Isn't there some sort of vid or collection of his different expressions?
Then there was Giggs stare out.

Unread 16-03-2011, 10:50 AM
Bunker Buster

Never scores when used as a sub.

He's our hold on to 1-0, or keep ball master.

Doesnt play in europe.

Value.

Unread 16-03-2011, 10:51 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth

Personally, I think if you’re going to break the clubs transfer record, it’s probably best to do it on a player you actually intend to play in the games that define a season.

He comes across as quit6e a fragile character too. Hopefully his confidence isn’t completely shot and he can get in the team and on the score sheet pretty soon.

Unread 16-03-2011, 10:54 AM
beansy

Is he still domestic lead scorer?

Unread 16-03-2011, 10:57 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Personally, I think if you’re going to break the clubs transfer record, it’s probably best to do it on a player you actually intend to play in the games that define a season.

He comes across as quit6e a fragile character too. Hopefully his confidence isn’t completely shot and he can get in the team and on the score sheet pretty soon.
He should hopefully prove his worth during the run in, should be good against Blackburn, Bolton etc etc. Every game is big from now on.

Unread 16-03-2011, 11:24 AM
believe

Quote:

His head right:head not right ratio has been shocking considering the fact that he's a bloke.

Unread 16-03-2011, 11:53 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Did anyone see the bit towards the end of the first half I think where Ferguson seemed to be staring absent mindedly down, then he turned to Phelan, nudged him and seemed to point towards Berba who was sitting infront of him. Then they both started laughing.

It must have been something in the dugout below, but what the camera caught it looked like they were laughing at Berba.
Posted before that Berbatov seems to do strange things on the bench. There was the Giggs thing at Chelsea too.And these...

Unread 16-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
He should hopefully prove his worth during the run in, should be good against Blackburn, Bolton etc etc. Every game is big from now on.
'Prove his worth'.

He's top scorer in the league ffs! If we win the title, he will have been a key element in doing it.

Unread 16-03-2011, 12:44 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
'Prove his worth'.

He's top scorer in the league ffs! If we win the title, he will have been a key element in doing it.
this. top scorer, has more than played his part and never whinges when he's benched.

fergie has given plenty of players rests like this before, i'm sure we'll see berbatov back at the weekend for a game that is crucial to the season - last game before the break, tough opposition but a chance to keep our noses in front and keep the pressure on a faltering arsenal.
Closed Thread