United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 14-03-2011, 10:47 PM
Part 36 Offer

Default Re: *Official* United v Arsenal Match Thread - Teams, Links and Doom isn't a strong enough word atm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
he did didn't he.

it reminded me of the infamous game against arsenal when we were forced to play phil neville in the centre of midfield and he gave a performance that Roy Keane would have been proud of.

10/10 for everyone yesterday.

when he dominated vieira

gibson has great technique but he looks so slow and laboured at times. Imagine if he became a player

So impressed with united. The performance wasnt sensational but to bounce back after those 2 defeats was impressive. Irrespective of the personnel, one of the main traits of Ferie's teams has been their ability to bounce back from bad results.

Getting up at 6.30am tomorrow for marseille game. Wont need a link though thanks god as it's on tv here

Unread 14-03-2011, 10:51 PM
Rhodzy

Default Re: *Official* United v Arsenal Match Thread - Teams, Links and Doom isn't a strong enough word atm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

when he dominated vieira

gibson has great technique but he looks so slow and laboured at times. Imagine if he became a player

So impressed with united. The performance wasnt sensational but to bounce back after those 2 defeats was impressive. Irrespective of the personnel, one of the main traits of Ferie's teams has been their ability to bounce back from bad results.

Getting up at 6.30am tomorrow for marseille game. Wont need a link though thanks god as it's on tv here
Yep, very slow. Always does a job in europe tbf.

Unread 14-03-2011, 10:52 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
presumably in a few posts time you'll say you didn't say this?

Valencia is a top class player btw

not sure how anyone can think United didn't compete last season

presumably it's because we only signed smalling and hernandez in the summer that we are failing to compete again this season
I think Valencia is good.

My point is we should be better than we are, and we would be had we spent a bit more money. Smalling and Hernandez have been very good signings, but it doesn't hide the ridiculous gap in our midfield, does it? Which hasn't been invested in for 2 years. People are rewriting history as if United never spent money, when we were a PLC we did. I'm not saying I want us to spend money all the time, although this summer it's essential, I'm just saying considering our revenue and the stature of our club we should be competing in the market, which, sadly, we can't do anymore.

Unread 14-03-2011, 10:56 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love

My point is we should be better than we are, and we would be had we spent a bit more money. Smalling and Hernandez have been very good signings, but it doesn't hide the ridiculous gap in our midfield, does it? Which hasn't been invested in for 2 years. People are rewriting history as if United never spent money, when we were a PLC we did. I'm not saying I want us to spend money all the time, although this summer it's essential, I'm just saying considering our revenue and the stature of our club we should be competing in the market, which, sadly, we can't do anymore.
The only thing I would say to that is that it's not as though midfielders that we wanted or that would've been perfect for us have moved, or moved for big money in the last 2-3 years. Some may say Yaya Toure, but he's £#%&!, really. Aside from that, there hasn't been much in terms of option or movement.

Unread 14-03-2011, 11:02 PM
Smurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

You sure?? SBS are showing the Bayern Inter game according to their website (the @#%&!S, they showed the first leg from San Siro)

Unread 15-03-2011, 01:05 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf
You sure?? SBS are showing the Bayern Inter game according to their website (the @#%&!S, they showed the first leg from San Siro)
If you want to watch United live down under (Melbourne/Sydney time zone) tomorrow, its ESPN. Otherside youll be watching it on SBS on a 2 hour delay after Bayern Inter. So 845am KO.

Unread 15-03-2011, 01:08 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love

there is no "ridiculous gap" in united's midfield. if there was then United wouldn't be doing as well as they are. simple. as. that. the midfield could do with another player who could play every week though, that's for sure. at this rate the manager is going to end up being forced to replace anderson.

surprised to see a new twist on the net spend argument from you though always interests me that while the glory-hunters slag off the lack of massives style signings to brag about they never seem to mention the £40 odd million quid United have creamed off by meat-trading their way through the youth set-ups of lesser clubs (like barcelona) since the glazers took over.

under the plc united's transfer policy was often a source of anger. the people who are re-writing that period are those who seem to claim that it wasn't. even the season when veron and rvn arrived united sold stam, presumably to make sure they could pay the shareholders - spending £#%&! all the previous summer obviously wasn't enough. then there's the £#%&!ing shambles of the summer of 2004, when the only major deals were £7m each for heinze (good signing) and alan £#%&!ing smith until the geordies forced united to set up a deal half on tick for wayne rooney just before the end of the window. players were bought before the glazers, but let's not pretend it used to be so much £#%&!ing smoother ffs. they're jews. united are a dream ticket for them at the top of the sport.

Unread 15-03-2011, 03:18 AM
Smurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
If you want to watch United live down under (Melbourne/Sydney time zone) tomorrow, its ESPN. Otherside youll be watching it on SBS on a 2 hour delay after Bayern Inter. So 845am KO.
Cheers Stickers. On Delay in the work canteen it is!

Unread 15-03-2011, 03:30 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Cheers Stickers. On Delay in the work canteen it is!
Remember and turn yer phone off

Unread 15-03-2011, 03:47 AM
Smurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Remember and turn yer phone off
It's OK I don't have any friends.

Unread 15-03-2011, 04:10 AM
Stickman

Quote:
It's OK I don't have any friends.