United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 04-04-2010, 08:28 PM
gbmufc

Default Green and Gold...a scousers view

More than 1,000 supporters stayed behind and demonstrated against the Americans after last Sunday’s win over Sunderland, whilst a few thousand more decided to shun the fight and instead held court in the pubs surrounding the stadium, no doubt whingeing about the lack of progress Benitez has made since 2006.

Match-going supporters need to stop venting their spleens from the comfort of pubs and behind keyboards and join the cause, instead of looking with resentment at the media coverage Manchester United’s ‘green and gold’ campaign is currently receiving.

The scenes currently inside Old Trafford suggest that momentum against the Glazers is building, but a brief glance across the stadium will tell you all you need to know. Thousands of Red Devils’ fans are proudly sporting the scarves over replica shirts, underlining the hypocrisy of the visual impact the initiative enjoys.
Regardless of the amount of column inches and broadcast time the wearing of Norwich City colours and self-proclaimed Red Knights are given, United are no nearer to ousting their current regime than Liverpool.

Both clubs are struggling in their battle to overhaul their non-speculative custodians, who are steeped in hardcore capitalism but also woolly thinking. What Gillett, Hicks and the Glazers fail to realise is that football, unlike the American sports where they gained notoriety, requires a commitment to ongoing development.

A marquee signing every few years will not guarantee success, nor will selling four squad players to reduce debts that were incurred by the club because of loans placed against it by the owners. There needs to be accountability, rather than the ability to balance accounts...........

He has a point to be fair. The green and gold is merely the card signaling who we are and what we would like to happen. But how many of the campaigners can actually throw away the other pieces of the jigsaw that feed the Glazer fire.

Before we get to the final sacrifice which would be the non renewal of the season ticket there are so many other pieces to the jigsaw which make the Glazer picture complete.

Programmes, magazines, pies, drinks, hats and scarfes (red) and of course the shirts. Is it hypocritical to wear green and gold over red? Yes I would say it probably is. I have my doubts about whether the wearing of the scarf by many IS just part of wanting to be with the "in crowd". Giving up what you love is very difficult and for some red will always come before green and gold.

Unread 04-04-2010, 09:08 PM
Sloane

thats far too sensible for a scouser
agree with some points but i do feel we have achieved more than they have

Unread 04-04-2010, 09:58 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
thats far too sensible for a scouser
agree with some points but i do feel we have achieved more than they have
did you see the pic - i posted the other day of their protest?

Unread 05-04-2010, 09:36 AM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
did you see the pic - i posted the other day of their protest?
no where?

Unread 05-04-2010, 10:16 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
But how many of the campaigners can actually throw away the other pieces of the jigsaw that feed the Glazer fire................there are so many other pieces to the jigsaw which make the Glazer picture complete.
I'm confused. Are the Glazers burning the jigsaw, or putting one together??

Unread 05-04-2010, 10:21 AM
thatsfuctit

understandably missed by you and the rest of the world

Unread 05-04-2010, 10:26 AM
Sloane

more than a thousand?

Unread 24-07-2010, 03:34 PM
wonky no

most of the tops worn where more than likely bought before the campaign started, so its understandable that they are worn. i know they could choose to leave it at home but it's not likely to happen. it's not as if they've bought a shirt and scarf at the same time.

the real signs will be obvious with new (shocking) strip.

Unread 16-08-2010, 10:01 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
most of the tops worn where more than likely bought before the campaign started, so its understandable that they are worn. i know they could choose to leave it at home but it's not likely to happen. it's not as if they've bought a shirt and scarf at the same time.

the real signs will be obvious with new (shocking) strip.
Yup - and tonight is the first chance to find out

Hopefully G&G still has a future

Unread 16-08-2010, 05:33 PM
ScarFace

Buying a ticket with GnG is worse than buying the kit whille wearing GnG. Ticket money goes right to them, kit money to nike.

Unread 16-08-2010, 08:35 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Buying a ticket with GnG is worse than buying the kit whille wearing GnG. Ticket money goes right to them, kit money to nike.
£#%&! off you pikey @#%&!