United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 16-03-2011, 11:39 PM
MarioKempes

Default Re: *All New* United v Marseille Match Thread-Teams, Links and Sloppy don't do the graphics anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It's the jaded, over-saturated format of the modern day champions league.

we've been in it for about 15 years running straight - every season. We take it for granted and the way it's organised it means that until you get to the quarter finals, all the matches are the same teams all the £#%&!ing time.

That and the fact that we hardly played in a fashion that inspired any excitement last night, was the reason for that.
Incredibly gentrified, especially where I was in South Stand last night, it's the knock out stages of the European Cup and the most volume is moaning about Carrick misplacing a pass.
Disgraceful, refreshing seeing young males from inner city Marseille show exactly how you should follow and support your side.

Unread 16-03-2011, 11:39 PM
The Mull

Default Re: *All New* United v Marseille Match Thread-Teams, Links and Sloppy don't do the graphics anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
It's absolutely positively totally and utterly £#%&! all to do with any of that.

It's because the place is full of £#%&!ing %@#$&!s and has been for almost 20 years. Grown men wearing football kits to matches, jester hats, face paint etc. As if them chumps could muster a song between them let alone create any atmos

Unread 16-03-2011, 11:41 PM
mazza

Quote:
It's absolutely positively totally and utterly £#%&! all to do with any of that.

It's because the place is full of £#%&!ing %@#$&!s and has been for almost 20 years. Grown men wearing football kits to matches, jester hats, face paint etc. As if them chumps could muster a song between them let alone create any atmos
Bit of both TBF. You are both partly correct.

Unread 16-03-2011, 11:42 PM
Stickman

I bet you at least half or OT these days 'wants all English teams to do well in Europe'.

Unread 16-03-2011, 11:43 PM
Wez

Thumbs up Re: *All New* United v Marseille Match Thread-Teams, Links and Sloppy don't do the graphics anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedthemull
you do look rather dapper in your shorts tbh#@&%!blyknees

Unread 16-03-2011, 11:43 PM
PaulParkers

The £#%&!ing cost of it is a piss take inall. Got the working class back in OT and watch the rafters come off again

Unread 16-03-2011, 11:45 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

That's no way to talk about Throb.

Unread 16-03-2011, 11:45 PM
mazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I bet you at least half or OT these days 'wants all English teams to do well in Europe'.
And Cidy "because it's good for the City".

Unread 16-03-2011, 11:47 PM
MarioKempes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazza
Bit of both TBF. You are both partly correct.
Not particularly, Marseille were very poor last night albeit more positive and productive in possession, they didn't play well in the slightest. Reflecting that, at 2-0 down their supporters were consistently fantastic, at 2-0 up the best the Stretford end came out with was one verse of We Do What We Want, then back to utter silence. Embarrassing.

Unread 16-03-2011, 11:47 PM
Neo

The Marseille support sounded class last night.

Our home support seems to have got considerably worse over the last few seasons, probably a result of more boycotting.

Virtually every close-up shot of a United supporter last night was either of a Chinese tourist with a camera or a 40 year old sitting down with his arms folded wearing a replica top.

Unread 16-03-2011, 11:48 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
:shakehead:

Old Trafford's a £#%&!ing joke, but it's hardly news. Unless it's a European Cup semi final or a really big domestic game, the away support will always show it up. Even more so in Europe, where we play clubs with proper support travelling over. ffs, even away from home our support is pretty shit these days.

Unread 16-03-2011, 11:49 PM
MarioKempes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
The Marseille support sounded class last night.

Our home support seems to have got considerably worse over the last few seasons, probably a result of more boycotting.

Virtually every close-up shot of a United supporter last night was either of a Chinese tourist with a camera or a 40 year old sitting down with his arms folded wearing a replica top.
There was a group of Asian guys with home-counties accents near me, one had 'Fazaldo 7' on the back of his shirt, taking photos all game

Unread 16-03-2011, 11:51 PM
MarioKempes

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher

Old Trafford's a £#%&!ing joke, but it's hardly news. Unless it's a European Cup semi final or a really big domestic game, the away support will always show it up. Even more so in Europe, where we play clubs with proper support travelling over. ffs, even away from home our support is pretty shit these days.
Our support in Marseille was completely poor also, too many Mick Groom-ites and young kids from Cheshire who have no knowledge or respect for tradition and standards of how you should act. It's purely reflective of our society, in France working class culture is protected, gentrification would be met with serious consequences.

Unread 16-03-2011, 11:52 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher

Yep. I have to say, it was hardly a wrench for me to give up my season tickets back in 06.

I was priced out but they were charging me more for an experience that i was enjoying less and less.

A friend of mine used to buy them off me every year, but even he's £#%&!ed it off now. So they now belong to whoever the club gave them to after i didn't renew.

Unread 16-03-2011, 11:56 PM
wiganste

I still haven't decided if I'm going to an other game in europe yet. I'll still do the trip but will probably let my ticket go.

Unread 17-03-2011, 12:00 AM
MarioKempes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I still haven't decided if I'm going to an other game in europe yet. I'll still do the trip but will probably let my ticket go.
10 years ago it was purely the match I looked forward to at Euro Aways, the feeling of butterflies all day and the need to run once you can see the ground Bumping into fellow reds you recognise from domestic aways etc.
Now its just a hindrance, trying to avoid the mass amounts of dick heads you've never seen before eg: the square in Milan. Shakhtar donetsk please.

Unread 17-03-2011, 12:02 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Truth. Shit all round. I'd have done one at half time if they'd have let me out

Unread 17-03-2011, 12:03 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yep. I have to say, it was hardly a wrench for me to give up my season tickets back in 06.

I was priced out but they were charging me more for an experience that i was enjoying less and less.

A friend of mine used to buy them off me every year, but even he's £#%&!ed it off now. So they now belong to whoever the club gave them to after i didn't renew.
I love watching United live and always will. But as far as our 'fan culture' goes, it's on its arse. The club treats loyal supporters like @#%&!s and most of the people in the ground don't have a £#%&!ing clue. Sad state of affairs.

Quote:
We've discussed this before, but United and UEFA are doing their best to suck all the enjoyment out of the euro aways. £#%&! them. Travel as and when you please and just get a ticket in the home end. It's what our lot do now. There's so many @#%&!s in our end anyway, that I've little inclination to stand with my fellow 'supporters'.

Unread 17-03-2011, 12:06 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioKempes
Shakhtar donetsk please.
Best trips are when all the middle class tossers are terrified of going. Besiktas last season for instance, class trip and only a couple of hundred travelled.

Hopefully we get places like Belgrade and Tel Aviv next season. Keep all the @#%&!s on the club trip at home

Unread 17-03-2011, 12:08 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioKempes
10 years ago it was purely the match I looked forward to at Euro Aways, the feeling of butterflies all day and the need to run once you can see the ground Bumping into fellow reds you recognise from domestic aways etc.
Now its just a hindrance, trying to avoid the mass amounts of dick heads you've never seen before eg: the square in Milan. Shakhtar donetsk please.
It was all about getting trollied for me. I've fell asleep pissed at many matches on the continent. If you get pissed now, it gets frowned upon.

At Marseille, Thomas Cook Travel had loads of £#%&!ing coaches on at 5pm, all packed ready to go to the stadium. 5pm ffs! There was some dude asleep so I ran up, banged on the window and he shit himself. What did the people on the coach do? Got their mobiles out and started filming me, as though they were gonna send the footage to United and get me in trouble

£#%&!ing jokers
Closed Thread