United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 22-01-2010, 07:38 PM
BarryX

Default Re: Green & Gold - Make a statement

I really hope this takes off.

Are the other forums/fan groups picking up on it ?

Unread 22-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
I really hope this takes off.

Are the other forums/fan groups picking up on it ?
nothing on RAWK as of yet

Unread 22-01-2010, 07:59 PM
florentino ariza

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins
just saw this on fcum forum and sums it up nicely
yup, and it was exactly this sort of rhetoric that tuned loads of people off last time round

"who to buy a pint for and who to ignore"

"not strong enough to walk away"

£#%&! off

its the high and mighty attitude that will have exactly the counter effect on those you intend to educate

Unread 22-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by florentino ariza
yup, and it was exactly this sort of rhetoric that tuned loads of people off last time round

£#%&! off

its the high and mighty attitude that will have exactly the counter effect on those you intend to educate
"hope lies in the prawn sandwich brigade"

that's an ironic paraphrasing for you

Unread 22-01-2010, 08:24 PM
florentino ariza

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
"hope lies in the prawn sandwich brigade"

that's an ironic paraphrasing for you
not really, large michael

if you can't learn the lessons from last time then as fans we're £#%&!ed

The reality is that we arguably have best and biggest hardcore of fans as can be seen from our away support

However we also have the largest set of apathetic/glory hunting/jcl fans out there with no knowledge or interest in what you are so passionate about

There are also a lot of genuine reds who have neither the time or inclination to get so heated about it when other parts of their lives have to come first like jobs and family. Everyone can talk a good game but its harder to get up off your arse and do something when you've all sorts of other responsibilities in life. That is just a reality of most peoples life and not weakness. Football is small escape of entertainment and not everybody will share your die hard passion. You still need those people though

what i don't see is a sensible plan to communicate to these huge masses of people in a way in a way that will be effective and no central organistaion or leadership with skills or clout to achieve it

what i do see is a lot of big talk about lots of small ideas

Your passion is only any use if it is harnessed effectively and currently that just isn't happening

I chucked wedge into IMUSA, went on the anti Glazer marches and was vociferous about fighting him but ultimately the campaign was completely toothless

What you need to be thinking about, rather than posts on websites or emails to MP's is how can you target the volumes of people you need to with the right voice and who acn you get involved to spearhead any campaign with a profile that imbues confidence and the requisite skills to draw together all the people you need

I'm not being deliberately defeatist but I am being honest and attempting to constructive

Unread 22-01-2010, 08:59 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
not really, large michael

if you can't learn the lessons from last time then as fans we're £#%&!ed

The reality is that we arguably have best and biggest hardcore of fans as can be seen from our away support

However we also have the largest set of apathetic/glory hunting/jcl fans out there with no knowledge or interest in what you are so passionate about

There are also a lot of genuine reds who have neither the time or inclination to get so heated about it when other parts of their lives have to come first like jobs and family. Everyone can talk a good game but its harder to get up off your arse and do something when you've all sorts of other responsibilities in life. That is just a reality of most peoples life and not weakness. Football is small escape of entertainment and not everybody will share your die hard passion. You still need those people though

what i don't see is a sensible plan to communicate to these huge masses of people in a way in a way that will be effective and no central organistaion or leadership with skills or clout to achieve it

what i do see is a lot of big talk about lots of small ideas

Your passion is only any use if it is harnessed effectively and currently that just isn't happening

I chucked wedge into IMUSA, went on the anti Glazer marches and was vociferous about fighting him but ultimately the campaign was completely toothless

What you need to be thinking about, rather than posts on websites or emails to MP's is how can you target the volumes of people you need to with the right voice and who acn you get involved to spearhead any campaign with a profile that imbues confidence and the requisite skills to draw together all the people you need

I'm not being deliberately defeatist but I am being honest and attempting to constructive
that's the hard part. but surely you turn the masses by creating an LUHG blanket - the more people who see the green and gold, the flags, the stickers, the passion, hopefully is the more who will enquire about it and get involved.

i'm not saying it's easy and i'm not saying i've got an idea of how that might happen, i just think at the moment this is all we've got to go on as the majority inside ot - yes, the majority - probably and sadly couldn't care less

Unread 22-01-2010, 09:09 PM
plopborsky

£#%&! me why has no one asked kev webster to front this ?

Unread 22-01-2010, 09:34 PM
elephantstone

Quote:

£#%&! off

agreed billy

Unread 22-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
£#%&! me why has no one asked kev webster to front this ?
think kevs got quite a bit on his plate atm

Unread 22-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben
think kevs got quite a bit on his plate atm
chicken and chips?

Unread 22-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Zorg

Quote:

£#%&! off

Erm, that was posted by chatmaster from Red Issue, the very person who came up with the Green and Gold idea. He's nowt to do with FC.

He's talking about buying a pint for people wearing green and gold. It's hardly that hard to wear something of a particular colour is it?

Unread 22-01-2010, 10:52 PM
BarryX

If it can get Rage Against The Machine to Number 1, Facebook might just be a good platform to attract the masses ???

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?to...y/266196262635

join today and spread the golden word.

Unread 22-01-2010, 11:04 PM
les vagas

i think its safe to say that next seasons away kit wont be green and gold?

Unread 22-01-2010, 11:06 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by les vagas
haha..thought that earlier. nice use of smilies btw.

Unread 23-01-2010, 02:31 AM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by les vagas
you say that but they might think they could turn it round into money for them

Unread 23-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Bobda

Been a few people already pass by my window, green and gold'd up.

Will be interesting to see how many people do this.

Unread 23-01-2010, 02:19 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
you say that but they might think they could turn it round into money for them
those 'heart' things are popular - how about a bit of

Unread 23-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Jimbo

Green and Gold scarves here - fiver each

http://www.footballheaven.net/acatal...low_Scarf.html

Unread 23-01-2010, 04:22 PM
BarryX

not much Gold and Green impact if my telly is out to go by. At least the stewards have made an effort...

I just hope it continues. And grows. And grows...

Great idea.

Unread 23-01-2010, 05:31 PM
hopkins

BBC saturday football commented on the green and gold