United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-05-2018, 07:35 PM
TheFatGoth

Cool Woodward: "On pitch performance doesn't really matter"

Quote:
If I can answer very simply and candidly. Playing performance doesn’t really have a meaningful impact on what we can do on the commercial side of the business.
Quote:
Fastest growing sports channel to ever launch on YouTube. Within the first hour we over took the Dallas Cowboys in an hour and the Yankees an hour later.
Quote:
Many of you will have seen reports of a 25bn offer to Fifa, 12bn of which is for four cycles of a revamped Club World Cup tournament between 2021 and 2033. The merits and details are currently being considered by Fifa and other stakeholders and I don't intend to go into them here.
Quote:
However, it highlights a few relevant points. It supports the view that OTT platforms will be the future of content consumption. Live compelling content will be a key battleground, the influences of which are successful. Content generators are uniquely placed to be the beneficiaires. We continue to believe live streaming content will become increasingly more valuable in the future.

Quote:
Five of the seven rights deals have been sold to Sky and BT and the final two packages together with the Ireland rights are being sold now by the Premier League we expect an update from the AGM in June, we expect a small reduction overall, but no current update on that.
Quote:
Megastore income was boosted by Alexis Sanchez's signing in January. Season tickets are sold out for 2018-19.
Quote:
As another season nears its close, we have achieved our highest number of points and finish since 2012/13 and we look forward to another trip to Wembley. We anticipate another successful summer tour in the United States in preparation for the 2018/19 season.
Great time to be a red nqat.

Unread 17-05-2018, 07:37 PM
Albert Tatlock

Why are you lying ?

He did not say "On pitch performance doesn't really matter"

He said "Playing performance doesn’t really have a meaningful impact on what we can do on the commercial side of the business", which is probably true... to a extent

yhbr

Unread 17-05-2018, 07:41 PM
My Name is Heath

Are we still linked to Mister Potato, I don’t hear much about it nowadays.

Anyway, YouTube hits >>> beating Liverpool imho

Unread 17-05-2018, 07:43 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath

I'd assumed they ended their sponsorship when Rooney left.

Unread 17-05-2018, 07:46 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath

Unread 17-05-2018, 07:51 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Why are you lying ?

He did not say "On pitch performance doesn't really matter"

He said "Playing performance doesn’t really have a meaningful impact on what we can do on the commercial side of the business", which is probably true... to a extent

yhbr
do you really need an answer to that?

Unread 17-05-2018, 07:54 PM
red in cumbria

He may well be fibbing (after all, its Gothers) but the real point perhaps is that you CAN imagine woowar saying just that

Unread 17-05-2018, 08:08 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Why are you lying ?

yhbr
Because he's an old RI wum and all posts are obvious.

Unread 17-05-2018, 08:09 PM
barca99

Think we can all agree next season is massive, another summer of transfers for jose no excuses.

However i think most of us can also agree if city get 100 points again then what can you do.

81 points is decent however we have got them and no way we lose to west brom and brighton if we are in with a shout. City drop off slightly and we will be there or there abouts, need a good start, 5 points max by xmas and see what happens.

Unread 17-05-2018, 08:20 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
He may well be fibbing (after all, its Gothers) but the real point perhaps is that you CAN imagine woowar saying just that

I agree ric. Indeed, Woodward tried to sell United as an “adult version of Disneyland,” according to Raphael Honigstein’s biography of Jürgen Klopp. ”

How utterly sickening is that?

Unread 17-05-2018, 08:25 PM
ziggyman17

The more success with get with sponsorship and the like can only be good for the team as it means more money will be available for the club and manager to spend... Fat Goth seems to be jealous that his beloved Spurs are tiny compared to Utd....... It must eat away at him everyday that he logs in here, the nearest he will ever get to enjoying a team winning a trophy is when he logs in here after we have lifted more silverware, while with Spurs all he can boast about is that the have retractable pitch......

Unread 17-05-2018, 08:37 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours

I agree ric. Indeed, Woodward tried to sell United as an “adult version of Disneyland,” according to Raphael Honigstein’s biography of Jürgen Klopp. ”

How utterly sickening is the whole £#%&!ing thing. Not that I'd read it.

Unread 17-05-2018, 08:48 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yeah but if he believes:

Quote:
However, it highlights a few relevant points. It supports the view that OTT platforms will be the future of content consumption. Live compelling content will be a key battleground, the influences of which are successful. Content generators are uniquely placed to be the beneficiaires. We continue to believe live streaming content will become increasingly more valuable in the future.
Then he must know content creators want and need good content. As do eventually the supporters. It’s all about the story as far as Woodward is concerned. And boring the opposition and supporters on the pitch isn’t a good story.

Quote:

If the adult version of Disneyland is watching Mickey Mouse take a shit on the floor.

Unread 17-05-2018, 08:53 PM
sa7

Quote:

When I first read that I was surprised Klopp wasn’t impressed by it.

Then I realised that the kiddy version would be much more up his street. All those kids trapped in lines...

Unread 17-05-2018, 10:49 PM
Section 25

Did Richard Arnold advise how many George Clooneys we currently have?

Unread 17-05-2018, 11:18 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section 25
Did Richard Arnold advise how many George Clooneys we currently have?
Well, he certainly isn't one of them for sure.

Unread 18-05-2018, 09:39 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Think we can all agree next season is massive, another summer of transfers for jose no excuses.
at least that's the one good thing about next season.

if he succeeds, he proves some people wrong but ultimately everyone's happy.

if he fails, there's no argument. he needs to go.

Unread 18-05-2018, 10:37 AM
hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
The more success with get with sponsorship and the like can only be good for the team as it means more money will be available for the club and manager to spend

top 4, clicks and likes on the least investment in the team as possible

Unread 18-05-2018, 01:03 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
at least that's the one good thing about next season.

if he succeeds, he proves some people wrong but ultimately everyone's happy.

if he fails, there's no argument. he needs to go.
not sure it's quite and cut and dry but I see your point. What's the barometer of success? Trophies? Or the way we're playing? If we're playing well but miss out on the league and any cups does he still need to go? Or if we win the league playing football like we've done for the second half of this season?

Unread 18-05-2018, 03:00 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
not sure it's quite and cut and dry but I see your point. What's the barometer of success? Trophies? Or the way we're playing? If we're playing well but miss out on the league and any cups does he still need to go? Or if we win the league playing football like we've done for the second half of this season?
We won't win the league playing football like that.
Closed Thread