Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
Scouse c*** but has played very well this season
Rather take Terrence Trent Darby

Unread 16-05-2018, 03:08 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Are all the Utd players first team? Haven’t watched England for a while.
Lingard seems to be but apart from him, no.

Unread 16-05-2018, 03:11 PM
puressence

Hope the smalltime village idiot fans get filled in hate everything about team England bar the utd players .

Unread 16-05-2018, 03:14 PM
Sapien

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Hope the smalltime village idiot fans get filled in hate everything about team England bar the utd players .
top, top red.

Unread 16-05-2018, 03:15 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
top, top red.

don't think it's top redness hoping little englunders get filled in, more just common sense

Unread 16-05-2018, 03:19 PM
Section 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Couldn’t give a shit about the football, hoping for loads of riots in Russia with hacket wearing englanders getting the shit kicked out of them

Unread 16-05-2018, 03:58 PM
Sparky***

Love the myths that get repeated so they become fact.

Some £#%&!ing tit on talksport:

"lingard's in the squad, he's done well this season but Rashford's not really had much of a chance under Mourinho."

Appearances this season:

Lingard 47
Rashford 51

Unread 16-05-2018, 04:04 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

"lingard's in the squad, he's done well this season but Rashford's not really had much of a chance under Mourinho."

Appearances this season:

Lingard 47
Rashford 51
Lingard 28 starts (started every important game) Rashford 24 starts (started in the cups and dead rubbers)

We might all fall for Jose's lies but believe me the players don't.

Unread 16-05-2018, 04:10 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemisMoses
Lingard 28 starts (started every important game) Rashford 24 starts (started in the cups and dead rubbers)
Rashford has 122 appearances for Manchester United at 20 years of age. Giggs hadn't even managed that by the time he was 20. And he was actually £#%&!ing shit hot.

Lingard has 130 career appearances for United, despite being 5 years older than Rashford, he's only played 8 more times.

Quite frankly, Rashford has been over played.

Unread 16-05-2018, 04:11 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:
Rashford has 122 appearances for Manchester United at 20 years of age. Giggs hadn't even managed that by the time he was 20. And he was actually £#%&!ing shit hot.

Lingard has 130 career appearances for United, despite being 5 years older than Rashford, he's only played 8 more times.

Lets face it if Martial hadn't done his hammy v midgetland Rashford wouldn't have 2 appearances never mind 122.

Unread 16-05-2018, 04:20 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Welbeck is there?

Doesn't look particularly inspiring, or even competent, in midfield. Only 5 options as well? Lingard being called a midfielder is loose at best

6 Fullbacks ffs

So apart from goalkeepers, centre backs and playmakers in midfielders you think it’s a World Cup Winning squad then dunk? To be honest i'm with you, they'll get out of the group and that'll be it.

Unread 16-05-2018, 04:24 PM
plopborsky

Quote:

Unread 16-05-2018, 04:50 PM
My Name is Heath

Thumbs up

Quote:

Appearances this season:

Lingard 47
Rashford 51
Great post.

People believe any old lie if told it often enough.

Can’t be arses checking but would love to see how many games Scholes had at 22.

I would be surprised if he had played more than 50.

Edit - quick look at Wikipedia. 17 appearances when 21.

Unread 16-05-2018, 05:25 PM
Tiberian

With those midfield options it is no wonder that Southgate wants to fill the defensive options with ball players. Maguire can look very impressive one minute and a carthorse the next, but he is good on the ball. They will probably surprise everyone and do relatively well having accepted an underdog role.

Southgate having the balls to at least attempt to implement some sort of style rather than just appease names as most of them have done in the past could be important for England. All those kids from the successful youth teams are on the verge of coming through and they can't be wasted like so many before them.

Unread 16-05-2018, 05:29 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Was looking at the groups other day, £#%&! me there’s some absolute shite in it. £#%&!ing Panama, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia, Iran etc
Three of those four have played in WCs before. Iran have had some decent results in the past, certainly - still remember them drawing with the Jocks in 1978

Unread 16-05-2018, 05:30 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Three of those four have played in WCs before. Iran have had some decent results in the past, certainly - still remember them drawing with the Jocks in 1978
1997 playoff @#%&!s

Unread 16-05-2018, 08:10 PM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Back in the 90's, when I was more impressionable, I went in for pretending I didn't like England.

It's all a bit ridiculous now though and if you're in the pub with a load of mates and start doing the top red 'I hate England' thing then you're a bit of a wally...and you'll look like one.

As for how well we'll do...I think we will just get out of the group before being knocked out but then this is a squad with little in terms of expectation placed on them so they might surprise.

This. There was a time with the "Golden Generation" stuff with all the hype and BS and it was easy to dislike them. But it feels a bit "try hard" hating them these days.

The U20s and U17s have done exceptional recently and I enjoyed watching them have a go at teams and play with a freedom the senior squad seems incapable of in big tournaments. Maybe this time it will be different and I hope the United lads do well.

Unread 16-05-2018, 08:14 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Great post.

People believe any old lie if told it often enough.

Can’t be arses checking but would love to see how many games Scholes had at 22.

I would be surprised if he had played more than 50.

Edit - quick look at Wikipedia. 17 appearances when 21.

Yeah but rashford, wrong position/subs bench/jose hates youth etc

Unread 16-05-2018, 11:07 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
1997 playoff @#%&!s
I blame Terry Venables, tbh.

Unread 16-05-2018, 11:32 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
This. There was a time with the "Golden Generation" stuff with all the hype and BS and it was easy to dislike them. But it feels a bit "try hard" hating them these days.

The U20s and U17s have done exceptional recently and I enjoyed watching them have a go at teams and play with a freedom the senior squad seems incapable of in big tournaments. Maybe this time it will be different and I hope the United lads do well.

Concise and pretty much sums it up for me
Closed Thread