United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Old 03-01-2018, 11:48 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
nope he was an adviser for the campaign and an adviser briefly in the administration - he didn't run either.

all it means is he didn't want his advice any longer.

bannon was a very influential media figure - that intel/influence was useful. probably more in the campaign (free pr) rather than after it. You are hardly going to ditch someone helped you win immediately are you?

Sean Spicer was part of the administration for a longer time and he was a total joke.

Old 03-01-2018, 11:53 PM
Jammy Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
In the official statement Trump says that Bannon "lost his mind" after being booted out of his White House role.

What the hell does this say about Trumps judgement considering he gave him a job running first his electoral campaign, then the bloody country?
It says he makes up shit to suit the situation.

Old 03-01-2018, 11:54 PM
armchair

Quote:
I stand corrected armchair, strange as I definitely got the impression that Trump got in to power largely due to Bannon's skill at making paranoid, disconnected people believe bullshit.
what % of the us population do you think are paranoid/disconnected? what % of those paranoid/disconnected people do you think bannon convinced to believe 'bullshit'?

Old 03-01-2018, 11:59 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
It says he makes up shit to suit the situation.

Is the Trump presidency unravelling or am I wishful thinking?

Quote:
what % of the us population do you think are paranoid/disconnected? what % of those paranoid/disconnected people do you think bannon convinced to believe 'bullshit'?

Who knows exact percentages armchair, but it definitely seems like Trump is saying that his former ''chief strategist'' had nothing to do with his presidency. That in itself sounds like madness to me.

Last edited by sub three hours; 04-01-2018 at 12:06 AM.

Old 04-01-2018, 12:08 AM
armchair

Quote:

Who knows exact percentages armchair, but it definitely seems like Trump is saying that his former ''chief strategist'' had nothing to do with his presidency. That in itself sounds like madness to me.
just the approximate figures you imagine will do.

just put a bit of meat on the bones of your claims.

it's easy - i can say that 40 to 50% of trump voters didn't like trump and 10% of them strongly disliked him. but they all really disliked hillary. loads of bernie supporters voted trump because of how shit they were treated.

maybe they had a bigger influence than bannon?

had you considered that or are you still at "everyone is a racist and/or russian"?

Old 04-01-2018, 12:20 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
just the approximate figures you imagine will do.

just put a bit of meat on the bones of your claims.

it's easy - i can say that 40 to 50% of trump voters didn't like trump and 10% of them strongly disliked him. but they all really disliked hillary. loads of bernie supporters voted trump because of how shit they were treated.

maybe they had a bigger influence than bannon?

had you considered that or are you still at "everyone is a racist and/or russian"?

How influential was Joseph Goebbels when he was appointed Hitler's Minister of Propaganda?

I reckon history will say that Bannon did prove to be a bit of an influential expert in the dark art of propaganda during the presidency campaign but you're right there were lots of other factors that will have influenced the outcome.

Old 04-01-2018, 12:27 AM
armchair

Quote:
How influential was Joseph Goebbels when he was appointed Hitler's Minister of Propaganda?

I reckon history will say that Bannon did prove to be a bit of an influential expert in the dark art of propaganda during the presidency campaign but you're right there were lots of other factors that will have influenced the outcome.
so no figures but a mention of hitler.

classic.

well done not thinking about stuff for yourself. because thinking hurts, doesn't it?

Old 04-01-2018, 12:29 AM
Bunker Buster

Releasing Hillary’s emails and angry Bernie fans got him 40% of the vote imo..

The emails were released by Russia / wiki leaks

Old 04-01-2018, 12:39 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
so no figures but a mention of hitler.

classic.

well done not thinking about stuff for yourself. because thinking hurts, doesn't it?
No, thinking doesn't hurt at all, the reason I was reluctant to give percentages was because I don't think Bannon is as anywhere near as influential now as he was during the presidential campaign.

I think we both know that in Alabama at the beginning of December Bannon was insisting that a vote for Moore was a vote for Trump's agenda and we both know what happened there.

I would also 'politely' suggest to you that if Bannon wasn't regarded as being influential in the presedential campaign why do the likes of Rees-Mogg have private meetings with him?

Last edited by sub three hours; 04-01-2018 at 12:42 AM.

Old 04-01-2018, 12:41 AM
armchair

Quote:
No, thinking doesn't hurt at all, the reason I was reluctant to give percentages was because I don't think Bannon is as anywhere near as influential now as he was during the presedential campaign.

I think we both know that in Alabama at the beginning of December Bannon was insisting that a vote for Moore was a vote for Trump's agenda and we both know what happened there.

I would also 'politely' suggest to you that if Bannon wasn't regarded as being influential in the presedential campaign why do the likes of Rees-Mogg have private meetings with him?
because hitler. and nazis