United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-01-2009, 07:42 PM
prunier84

Default John Francis 'Der Kaiser' O'Shea

To be fair, he wasn't too awful today and put in a couple of excellent challenges which I didnt really notice GNev do.

Perhaps he really has stopped eating and remembered how to play football. Has had a few shockers this season but at Portsmouth he was excellent and like I say, today, he was fine.

Are there any other 2nd choice left-backs in the Prem you'd rather have now bridge has gone?

Not quite 'all is forgiven' but he's heading the right way.

Unread 17-01-2009, 07:44 PM
History

He did ok. But it shows how shite he's been when a thread is made because he did 'ok'

Unread 17-01-2009, 07:45 PM
The Return of JC

He at least deserves to not get a load of abuse for simply being John O'Shea.

Unread 17-01-2009, 07:46 PM
Firswood Red

given his lack of ability he played well apart from 2 poor attempts at crosses in the first half

Unread 17-01-2009, 07:53 PM
Rossi the Red

He just infuriates me when he never passes it out from defence. Just £#%&!in hoofs it every time and gives it away.

Unread 17-01-2009, 07:54 PM
redmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
He at least deserves to not get a load of abuse for simply being John O'Shea.
The stick he gets is unbelievable, its gone from the usual scapegoating to pure hatred, there are liverpool players past and present who get less abuse.

Unread 19-01-2009, 11:32 AM
Part 36 Offer

Johnno was brilliant on sat. He hasn't let us down once this season.

The stick he gets is an embarrassment but then again half our fans are embarrassments tbh.

Unread 19-01-2009, 11:36 AM
Whalefish

I thought he had a good game Saturday.

Unread 19-01-2009, 11:51 AM
armchair

For a right footed, centre half playing at left back he did pretty well.

Unread 19-01-2009, 11:52 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by prunier84
To be fair, he wasn't too awful today and put in a couple of excellent challenges which I didnt really notice GNev do.

Perhaps he really has stopped eating and remembered how to play football. Has had a few shockers this season but at Portsmouth he was excellent and like I say, today, he was fine.

Are there any other 2nd choice left-backs in the Prem you'd rather have now bridge has gone?

Not quite 'all is forgiven' but he's heading the right way.
I'd like to see how Fabio does against Derby.

Unread 19-01-2009, 12:04 PM
TinTin

I think it's one of the pit falls of being a United fan - an unquenchable thirst for giving your own players shit. It's embarrassing.

Unread 19-01-2009, 12:29 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
For a right footed, centre half playing at left back he did pretty well.
I don't think he's a centre half but he did as you say he did pretty well and given we have no real other option that's gotta be a positive after some very shaky recent performances. Good on him.

Unread 19-01-2009, 12:30 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
I'd like to see how Fabio does against Derby.
Tosic and Fabio on the left, I'd hate to be playing on the left side of centreback.

Agree though love to see him there.

Unread 19-01-2009, 02:59 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinTin
I think it's one of the pit falls of being a United fan - an unquenchable thirst for giving your own players shit. It's embarrassing.
Spoken like a non match goer.

Unread 19-01-2009, 03:15 PM
TinTin

Is it son? When you have to put up with the peoples abuse in Stretford End upper directed towards Berbatov, O'Shea, Fletcher, Nani etc it becomes quite tiresome. Some #@&%! in front of me was giving Giggs shit during the Chelsea game ffs. Maybe you have to do this to be a top red, but I'd prefer to get behind the team and be seen as a "non match goer".

Unread 19-01-2009, 03:46 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinTin
Is it son? When you have to put up with the peoples abuse in Stretford End upper directed towards Berbatov, O'Shea, Fletcher, Nani etc it becomes quite tiresome. Some #@&%! in front of me was giving Giggs shit during the Chelsea game ffs. Maybe you have to do this to be a top red, but I'd prefer to get behind the team and be seen as a "non match goer".
Easy petal you'll self combust - you will always find individuals giving abuse but collectively Manchester United don't boo the team off after a dodgy half (Derby County unbelievably did that Saturday) and don't round up en masse against a player (see Darren Bent yesterday).

The internet allows all sorts of clueless £#%&!ers to go on the cyber rampage.

Unread 19-01-2009, 04:24 PM
Billy Baroo

i listened to the game on the radio

me and my flatmate decided to see how often the name o'shea was followed by a %@#$&!s up

it appeared that every time he passed it he gave it away and that he was roasted over and over by their winger

was this not true? lawrenson (who was pissed and very funny) said he didn't know if he was coming or going

o'shea should not be in our reserves never mind first team. he is the biggest football WUM of all time.

Unread 19-01-2009, 04:34 PM
TinTin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Easy petal you'll self combust - you will always find individuals giving abuse but collectively Manchester United don't boo the team off after a dodgy half (Derby County unbelievably did that Saturday) and don't round up en masse against a player (see Darren Bent yesterday).

The internet allows all sorts of clueless £#%&!ers to go on the cyber rampage.
It's a fair point fella, and it's easy to get wound up on the internet! To be honest, the majority of true United support is quality, like you state, but there are alot of match going fans that love to moan and who generally do not have a clue. They will sing about Ronaldo and idolise him, then give a load of abuse to Giggs. I'm coming across a right miserable, irritable get, but I'm not! Honest!

Unread 19-01-2009, 04:36 PM
Ether

Had a good game, as already mentioned it was just his crossing that let him down. Got in a few very dangerous positions.

Unread 19-01-2009, 04:39 PM
Sparky***

Let's face it, Bolton didn't exactly set out their stall to attack us so O'Shea had a pretty easy afternoon of it.
Closed Thread