Unread 08-12-2008, 01:50 PM
Ginners

diving @#%&!

Unread 08-12-2008, 01:51 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde

diving @#%&!
A talking to would have sufficed. No common sense in the game then.

Unread 08-12-2008, 01:55 PM
MrBishi

"People still wonder was it down to that tackle in 2001 that I had to retire and all I can say is I haven't played a full game professionally since, so it was definitely part of it"

I think whoever did that interview decided to suspend the truth a little bit, seeing as Haaland played for Norway the following Tuesday and for City the week after, and played 4 more games for City the following season and then retired because of injury to his other knee. The one that's bandaged up.

Haaland actually came out and said that himself, and criticised the press coverage. City were actually considering suing Keane up to that point, for £#%&!'s sake.

Unread 08-12-2008, 02:08 PM
carlosartorial

'Now lives in Norway earning a pittance as a professional victim'.

Diddums.

Unread 08-12-2008, 02:13 PM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
'Now lives in Norway earning a pittance as a professional victim'.

Diddums.
Beautifully done.

Unread 08-12-2008, 02:31 PM
Zorg

Haland's webste, Monday 14th May 2001:

"I had the operation on my knee earlier in this week and it went well. In fact, I wouldn't really call it an operation; it was more of a clean-up job on my knee. And I just wanted to make it clear that it was not the knee that took a knock in the Manchester derby, despite what some papers have reported. It's my left knee that's been bothering me, and it was clearly shown on Sky that it was my right knee that took the knock. Another example of the papers not checking their sources! It's actually been bothering me for the last three months, but I've played through it as we attempted to avoid relegation. Now that we're down, it seemed like the most sensible thing to do it now, to get it out of the way so I'll be ready in time for pre-season. While the others have been preparing for the last game, against Chelsea, I've been having treatment every day in an attempt to get some movement back into my leg. After anything like that, it all goes a bit dead, so they're just trying to get the swelling down and get the muscle working again. It's one of those things that just had to be done and, as I say, it seems to be going well so far."

So after Keane's tackle he says the treatment was going well.

Lying @#%&!.

Unread 08-12-2008, 02:37 PM
wiganste

I honestly wish Keane's tackle did end his career that day. Then at least he couldn't £#%&!ing lie about it.

He should have stamped on his windpipe as he was crying like a baby on the floor.

Unread 08-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Sparky***

Payback's a bitch.

Unread 08-12-2008, 02:45 PM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I honestly wish Keane's tackle did end his career that day. Then at least he couldn't £#%&!ing lie about it.
Is it more likely that he's lying about it now, after having already said what happened at the time (as you can see above), or that the journalist has embellished things somewhat?

Journos are bad enough for trying to put words in someone's mouth at the best of times, but if you do an interview and let them write it up as if you're saying it, oh my...

Unread 08-12-2008, 04:28 PM
It's just a flesh wound

On of the best things I have ever seen happen on a football pitch.

Up there with Ole's assault against Newcastle.

Unread 08-12-2008, 04:40 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
Is it more likely that he's lying about it now, after having already said what happened at the time (as you can see above), or that the journalist has embellished things somewhat?

Journos are bad enough for trying to put words in someone's mouth at the best of times, but if you do an interview and let them write it up as if you're saying it, oh my...
I know. But I just think it would have been easier all round if he had of done him that day, so the press wouldn't continue to spread lies to sell papers.

Unread 08-12-2008, 04:46 PM
The Watcher

Angry

The only thing Keane did wrong that day was not stamping on that @#%&!s face after.

Unread 08-12-2008, 04:49 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs down

Keane should have severed the @#%&!'s leg/windpipe

remember that picture of him in the Divs fanzine standing proudly beside Munich graffiti...what a £#%&!in odious @#%&!, one day he'll hopefully get payback for that as well, utter #@&%!

Unread 08-12-2008, 05:17 PM
Stickman

Did Utd fans genuinely hate Haaland before the elland Road incident in 97?I remember him and Keane had a spat on the pitch December 98 ish when we beat Leeds 3-2

Unread 08-12-2008, 05:32 PM
Spiffy

Keane was sent off and got suspended for it, twice. He should have put the team first and not carried out his petty vendettas when it would cost the club and not him. I noticed he's not sought him out in a pub and had a fight where he could be arrested. He did it on the pitch.

If Ronaldo/Ferdinand did this there'd be uproar and if it had been done to one of our players, we'd still be moaning now.

Unread 08-12-2008, 05:39 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Did Utd fans genuinely hate Haaland before the elland Road incident in 97?I remember him and Keane had a spat on the pitch December 98 ish when we beat Leeds 3-2

he played for Leeds and Citeh, ticking all the hate boxes there tbh

Unread 08-12-2008, 06:26 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde

diving @#%&!
i like how keane's like "what? i ain't doin nuttin'" in that picture.

Unread 08-12-2008, 09:39 PM
Tiberian

Haaland's percieved milking of the infamy from the incident does not change the fact that it was a shocking and cowardly tackle by Keane. It was also totally selfish and hardly an isolated incident, look at his childish and embarrassing spat with McAteer at Sunderland culminating in another idiotic red card.

Unread 08-12-2008, 09:47 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Haaland's percieved milking of the infamy from the incident does not change the fact that it was a shocking and cowardly tackle by Keane. It was also totally selfish and hardly an isolated incident, look at his childish and embarrassing spat with McAteer at Sunderland culminating in another idiotic red card.
stop it
Closed Thread