United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-02-2018, 02:22 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Everyone thinking LvG is a @#%&! except Siders does not constitute 'dividing the fanbase'.
Funny that. I thought most people who wouldn't give him another season were @#%&!s.

Unread 14-02-2018, 02:26 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
So is it your position that the best team wins the FA cup every year then?
What

Unread 14-02-2018, 02:27 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Wait a couple of months and we'll find out.
That's the most positive thing ive read from you More like a couple of weeks.

Unread 14-02-2018, 02:32 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Great idea. When does the analysis start?
You lot shoot more from here, you lot shoot more from there.

£#%&! more do you want?

Unread 14-02-2018, 02:34 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
You lot shoot more from here, you lot shoot more from there.

£#%&! more do you want?
Hit Rom. Rom, Rom, Rom. Demand it Rom.

Unread 14-02-2018, 02:38 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Denial is a powerful thing. Given that our average position post Fergie is about 5th, there must be at least 3 teams every year who finish above us but can’t be considered better because they don’t win it. We, however are better than them because we won the treble of an exhibition game, an under 21’s competition that no one has taken seriously since Brian Clough and a tournament that the act qualifying for is considered failure.
Yep.

Unread 14-02-2018, 02:41 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Denial is a powerful thing. Given that our average position post Fergie is about 5th, there must be at least 3 teams every year who finish above us but can’t be considered better because they don’t win it. We, however are better than them because we won the treble of an exhibition game, an under 21’s competition that no one has taken seriously since Brian Clough and a tournament that the act qualifying for is considered failure.
Usually the same people who utterly refused to entertain the idea 8 years ago that City would leave us miles behind the way they were throwing money about.

"it's city, they'll still £#%&! it up" I seem to remember was the common consensus among the usual suspects.

Well low and behold....now we're the laughing stock and they've left us miles and miles behind.

Unread 14-02-2018, 02:41 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
What
I thought we were using trophies won as the yardstick for comparing the quality of teams. It’s all become very confusing.

Funnily enough, I didn’t feel confused watching us at Wembley two weeks ago; then it all seemed so clear.

Quote:
Usually the same people who utterly refused to entertain the idea 8 years ago that City would leave us miles behind the way they were throwing money about.

"it's city, they'll still £#%&! it up" I seem to remember was the common consensus among the usual suspects.

Well low and behold....now we're the laughing stock and they've left us miles and miles behind.
They still might. As recently as last season they were, and Chelsea have demonstrated how fortunes can change quickly in football, but we’re talking about now and anyone denying that Spurs are better than us now are just delusional. Why, because there are still four points left to Chase down from the ten point lead we had over them at Christmas? We just watched them utterly take us apart ffs. It should have been 4-0. If we played tomorrow it would be 3-1, 4-1.

No one wants it to be true, it just is.

Unread 14-02-2018, 02:52 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemisMoses
That's the most positive thing ive read from you More like a couple of weeks.
Too true.

Our form Since December has been £#%&!ing woeful. 7 wins in 13 league games.

Unread 14-02-2018, 02:53 PM
dunk

Quote:

I remember the shit I got for being £#%&!ing furious when the beat us in the FA Cup semi and then went on to win their first trophy, I was absolutely £#%&!ing fuming that we'd let them open that door and feared the worst and everyone on here was mocking that way of thinking

Was only a matter of time, but Berbatov missing that open £#%&!ing goal helped them massively

Quote:
Too true.

Take Lingard out and we'd have been proper £#%&!ed. That's relying purely on individual's form. That is no basis on which to build a £#%&!ing team

Unread 14-02-2018, 02:55 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
The Big Man pulling up that average. Between Mou and Moyes it would be 6.5th place.

Yet no appreciation. Shame.

Unread 14-02-2018, 02:56 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
The Big Man pulling up that average. Between Mou and Moyes it would be 6.5th place.

Yet no appreciation. Shame.
Don't do it man, it's just not worth it...

Unread 14-02-2018, 02:57 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I remember the shit I got for being £#%&!ing furious when the beat us in the FA Cup semi and then went on to win their first trophy, I was absolutely £#%&!ing fuming that we'd let them open that door and feared the worst and everyone on here was mocking that way of thinking

Was only a matter of time, but Berbatov missing that open £#%&!ing goal helped them massively

Take Lingard out and we'd have been proper £#%&!ed. That's relying purely on individual's form. That is no basis on which to build a £#%&!ing team
The more worrying thing for me is that we've been, largely, unable to score more than 2 goals against that plethora of shite. 19 goals over those 13 games against what are mostly relegation fodder. Played Bournemouth, Burnley, Huddersfield and Southampton at home. Scored 5 goals.

Unread 14-02-2018, 03:00 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
The more worrying thing for me is that we've been, largely, unable to score more than 2 goals against that plethora of shite. 19 goals over those 13 games against what are mostly relegation fodder. Played Bournemouth, Burnley, Huddersfield and Southampton at home. Scored 5 goals.
Yet it's all Chris Smalling's fault.

Unread 14-02-2018, 03:02 PM
dunk

Quote:
If he could just step up with a 30 yarder now and again, that'd be great..

Unread 14-02-2018, 03:02 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
We've always been in the habit of giving away stupid goals...it's just that in the years under ferguson we'd score 3 or 4 and make those mistakes academic.

You're right it's not all smalling's fault. But that still doesn't detract from the fact he's a poor centre back.

This manchester united side have been poor infront of goal for about 3 years now.

Unread 14-02-2018, 03:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
We've always been in the habit of giving away stupid goals...it's just that in the years under ferguson we'd score 3 or 4 and make those mistakes academic.

You're right it's not all smalling's fault. But that still doesn't detract from the fact he's a poor centre back.

This manchester united side have been poor infront of goal for about 3 years now.
The defenders have got PTSD from not having a midfield in front of them for most of their United careers and spending most of the last 3-4 seasons having to 'keep it tight' in order to ensure the 1 or 2 goals the highly paid £#%&!ers in the final third manage is sufficient

The problem in it's entirety comes down to attacking, the lack of intent, the lack of cohesion and the lack of ability to do it, for me, and has since under LvG. His problem was relying on players that weren't good/brave enough in the attacking roles. The problem now is the manager doesn't give a shit about the attacking side, his ideal game finishes 1-0/2-0, and the clean sheet is the key. He just wants individuals to come up with the necessary moments to get the goals.

Unread 14-02-2018, 03:06 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Oh don't get me wrong, useless @#%&!s like Smalling are a big problem.

But last two defeats we haven't scored. You'd be nuts to think it's all down to the defenders. Noticed that MotD again focused on them. Any of them going to have the balls to have a look at our two record signings, given how they disappear when the going gets tough.

Unread 14-02-2018, 03:10 PM
20 times

Quote:
Too true.

Spurs have won 8 of our 13 over the same period. THAT’S the level we should aspire to imo.

Unread 14-02-2018, 03:12 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Spurs have won 8 of our 13 over the same period. THAT’S the level we should aspire to imo.
Since december the only team Spurs have lost to is Man City.

In that time they've played United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Juventus.
Closed Thread