United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 20-10-2014, 11:41 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
At least it was proper United at the end. Not that insipid mess from last year.
Thought that myself. We weren't absolutely £#%&!ed with 20 to go either.

This habit of conceding from just about every shot on target begins to grate.

Unread 20-10-2014, 11:41 PM
MJ Ramone

Van Persie, Mata, Januzaj all very poor.
Surely Falcao will start on Sunday??

Very concerned by the lack of decent football along the ground tbh.
Launching it into the channels isn't quite the "philosophy" I had in mind.

Di Maria is different class. I genuinely had no idea how good he was. Seen him have a couple of stinkers for Madrid down the years & I guess that stuck in my mind & gave me the wrong impression.
We're £#%&!ed without him. He offers all our pace & invention.

Less said about the defence the better.

Not really sure what to make of any of it tbh

Unread 20-10-2014, 11:43 PM
The Return of JC

can't see carrick starting on Sunday.

lvg is big on match practice and he has zero.
fellaini is more likely to start, especially after tonight and considering how chelsea bully teams.

I thought rvp was ok. great effort that hit the post. He needs service . mata was undoubtedly poor, as was januzaj and herrera. Some harsh criticism for Rafael considering he's been our most consistent player the last three games.

falcao will start Sunday.

Some unwarranted criticism tonight imo. we're getting there.

Unread 20-10-2014, 11:46 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter McGavin
Utter shite being spouted about Januzaj on here.

Worry about stupid brain dead defending, inability to finish chances and players unsure what formation is being played that ten minutes
why? he was atrocious.

he's a greedy little @#%&! as well.

Unread 20-10-2014, 11:54 PM
ChairmanMao

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
can't see carrick starting on Sunday.

lvg is big on match practice and he has zero.
fellaini is more likely to start, especially after tonight and considering how chelsea bully teams.

I thought rvp was ok. great effort that hit the post. He needs service . mata was undoubtedly poor, as was januzaj and herrera. Some harsh criticism for Rafael considering he's been our most consistent player the last three games.

falcao will start Sunday.

Some unwarranted criticism tonight imo. we're getting there.
The problem I have with RVP is that the relatively simple chances he's had he's flufffed the last couple of games and there have been other times where he looked like he could get on the end of things if he'd only put a bit of £#%&!ing effort in. What we were crying out for first half was a poacher to just get on the end of crosses. RvP looks a yard short, the longer it goes on the more worrisome it is.

The only thing with playing Falcao against Chelsea is that you know that some Chelsea @#%&! is going to go straight through the back of him early doors and with him working his way back from a career threatening injury it's whether that knocks him off his game, but I'd still probably pick him.

Unread 20-10-2014, 11:54 PM
suedeshoes

Enjoyed that tbh. We'll win the league with van Gaal in charge. Not this season but its deffo coming.

Unread 20-10-2014, 11:58 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Bigger concern is Mata. Not taking enough responsibility. When he's getting the ball 40 yards out, laying it off and running into the box to be marked by a 6'2 defender, what exactly is the point of him? Not showing enough on the ball to justify his physical weakness.
It's worrying, but if it doesn't work it doesn't work. He's been allowed to play in his ideal position, and has genuine class all around him, but he still doesn't seem able to effect the play as powerfully as he should.

He constantly picks the safe option, and doesn't dictate the attacks like a number 10 should. He should be our conductor, but he's invisible for large parts of the game. One thing I liked about Kagawa was his positive energy - he always showed for the ball, and always wanted to influence the play in the most positive way. I wonder if he would have been more suited to the 10 role in Van Gaal's United than Mata is.

At this rate I'd be surprised if Mata isn't sold in January, particularly if it helps secure the signing of a top centre-back or central midfielder. A player plus cash deal for Vidal seems sensible. At this rate, Rooney comes straight back into the starting XI. Mata's big chance is having a big impact against Chelsea, but after tonight, he might not even make the starting XI, even with Rooney suspended.

Unread 21-10-2014, 12:00 AM
Cream

Think van gaal said that he fancies the chelsea game, will certainly get more space than we had tonight.

Not saying they won't exploit the space we leave as well but I have faith in Di Maria and co against any team.

Falcao will start. Falcao will score.

Unread 21-10-2014, 12:02 AM
ChairmanMao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
It's worrying, but if it doesn't work it doesn't work. He's been allowed to play in his ideal position, and has genuine class all around him, but he still doesn't seem able to effect the play as powerfully as he should.

He constantly picks the safe option, and doesn't dictate the attacks like a number 10 should. He should be our conductor, but he's invisible for large parts of the game. One thing I liked about Kagawa was his positive energy - he always showed for the ball, and always wanted to influence the play in the most positive way. I wonder if he would have been more suited to the 10 role in Van Gaal's United than Mata is.

At this rate I'd be surprised if Mata isn't sold in January, particularly if it helps secure the signing of a top centre-back or central midfielder. A player plus cash deal for Vidal seems sensible. At this rate, Rooney comes straight back into the starting XI. Mata's big chance is having a big impact against Chelsea, but after tonight, he might not even make the starting XI, even with Rooney suspended.
Against Chelsea I wonder if he'd stick Carrick in holding with Blind and let Herrera wander behind the front, at the moment you'd have to think the back 4 needs more of a safety blanket, even though I do think a lot of the problems stem from it being a different 4 every week.

Unread 21-10-2014, 12:03 AM
suedeshoes

Mata's slower than Yoghurt from a pot. Lovely footballer but as necessary as plastic carving knives.

Unread 21-10-2014, 12:04 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChairmanMao
The problem I have with RVP is that the relatively simple chances he's had he's flufffed the last couple of games and there have been other times where he looked like he could get on the end of things if he'd only put a bit of £#%&!ing effort in. What we were crying out for first half was a poacher to just get on the end of crosses. RvP looks a yard short, the longer it goes on the more worrisome it is.

The only thing with playing Falcao against Chelsea is that you know that some Chelsea @#%&! is going to go straight through the back of him early doors and with him working his way back from a career threatening injury it's whether that knocks him off his game, but I'd still probably pick him.

I don't remember any relatively simple chances for rvp in any of the last couple of games.

I don't see much of a problem with him. He's not go much of a combination going with anybody at the moment, but that could be said of a lot of them. He's not bang on form, but his touch is good, he nearly always picks the right pass and is still capable of producing something out of nothing (shot onto the post)

lvg is right to say it's our best performance when you consider the confidence and aggression with which West Brom played with and the consistency of our periods of dominance.

We make a lot of our own problems. We concede goals at really bad moments. moments where we're on top, or we're back in a game.

Swansea ' s second, Sunderland, Leicester (1st and 2nd), everton and west ham were all goals that came when we were in control of the game and either cost us points or changed the complexion of the match. I think that is something we will eradicate with a bit of experience. and then there's another international break. and then another injury and its hard to get momentum. now we have two games where we're not expected to get much. That might actually help.

But I'm encouraged because in every game since the new signings arrived, we've looked promising for long periods in each game. stop conceding stupid £#%&!ing goals and we'll be fine.

people comparing this to moyes reign need to die.

ChairmanMao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Think van gaal said that he fancies the chelsea game, will certainly get more space than we had tonight.

Not saying they won't exploit the space we leave as well but I have faith in Di Maria and co against any team.

Falcao will start. Falcao will score.
Nice idea but all the evidence of his career to date says Mourinho goes shithouse for the big games and makes sure he doesn't lose above all else, and if we leave them space they'll pick us off, if Di Maria's out it could be a shite game.

Norm

Frustrated at the result but that is how it's going at the moment.
Di Maria was best player obviously was even trying to score straight from a corner 3 times.

Mata has to look after himself. I understand he has taken on alot of duties with regards to helping the new lads settle into life at Utd could this be why he just doesn't seem physically or mentally at it.

Rvp can't play up front on his own and I hope lvg has the balls to replace him with Falcao as his strength at holding it up would be ideal. Thought Rvp looked alot better just behind the main striker in the last ten.
Defence is being punished for everything at the moment but with time it'll get better.

Fellani did well but still wouldn't start him Sunday if anders is fully fit. He just seems to offer too much temptation to launch it too often. Needs must I suppose.

Don't give Adnan too hard a time it's his first start and I'd rather he was at our club than anywhere else. It's up too him to take his chances that I'm sure he will get.

One bit of luck we had was Sessignion going off as that allowed Blind to get forward easier resulting in a great finish. Still have my doubts about him at the base of the diamond in midfield but he has good quality and I think could play either side when Carrick is back.

The bad luck we've had with penalties has been unbelievable but it even s itself out and hopefully that will happen.

There's a long way to go and as top 4 is the target we are ok. Only ok though. Even if we loose the next two we can still do it. So keep the faith lads because thankfully we are UNITED.

Unread 21-10-2014, 12:11 AM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChairmanMao
Against Chelsea I wonder if he'd stick Carrick in holding with Blind and let Herrera wander behind the front, at the moment you'd have to think the back 4 needs more of a safety blanket, even though I do think a lot of the problems stem from it being a different 4 every week.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Fellaini start against Chelsea.

Chelsea are arguably the most powerful side in the league, and Van Gaal may want a physical presence to combat that, which Fellaini offers.

Personally I agree with you, and I think a midfield three of Carrick/Blind/Herrera could work well, as it offers defensive discipline, energy and press. However, that also means we go with one striker and Di Maria out wide, and I'm not sure if we should do that. It will be very, very interesting to see what Van Gaal goes with. It's certainly going to be his most important (and possibly difficult) selection so far.

Unread 21-10-2014, 12:15 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Fellaini start against Chelsea.

Chelsea are arguably the most powerful side in the league, and Van Gaal may want a physical presence to combat that, which Fellaini offers.

Personally I agree with you, and I think a midfield three of Carrick/Blind/Herrera could work well, as it offers defensive discipline, energy and press. However, that also means we go with one striker and Di Maria out wide, and I'm not sure if we should do that. It will be very, very interesting to see what Van Gaal goes with. It's certainly going to be his most important (and possibly difficult) selection so far.
does he really?!

He's so pedestrian - fabregas and matic will run rings round him. that £#%&!er ramires always plays against us as well and does well.

Unread 21-10-2014, 12:16 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm
Frustrated at the result but that is how it's going at the moment.
Di Maria was best player obviously was even trying to score straight from a corner 3 times.

Mata has to look after himself. I understand he has taken on alot of duties with regards to helping the new lads settle into life at Utd could this be why he just doesn't seem physically or mentally at it.

Rvp can't play up front on his own and I hope lvg has the balls to replace him with Falcao as his strength at holding it up would be ideal. [SIZE="3"]Thought Rvp looked alot better just behind the main striker in the last ten.
Defence is being punished for everything at the moment but with time it'll get better.

Fellani did well but still wouldn't start him Sunday if anders is fully fit. He just seems to offer too much temptation to launch it too often. Needs must I suppose.

Don't give Adnan too hard a time it's his first start and I'd rather he was at our club than anywhere else. It's up too him to take his chances that I'm sure he will get.

One bit of luck we had was Sessignion going off as that allowed Blind to get forward easier resulting in a great finish. Still have my doubts about him at the base of the diamond in midfield but he has good quality and I think could play either side when Carrick is back.

The bad luck we've had with penalties has been unbelievable but it even s itself out and hopefully that will happen.

There's a long way to go and as top 4 is the target we are ok. Only ok though. Even if we loose the next two we can still do it. So keep the faith lads because thankfully we are UNITED.
Something I've wondered about before. In his youth and on his arrival at Arsenal he was billed as a player who plays just off. Obviously has the touch and close control for that, but I wonder if he's become a little too much of an individualist and too greedy a player to appreciate the movement ahead of him.

I'd probably start him there ahead of Mata against Chelsea, especially as Mourinho seems to know Mata's weaknesses so well

Unread 21-10-2014, 12:17 AM
Mr Kaboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Sunderland away stonewall pen not given Burnley away the same and tonight also pretty sure we were denied one v Swansea at home too

tonight's was ridiculous he clearly swung his arm up towards the ball ffs
<RAWK on >**Blatant foul not given at Leicester, then instant soft pen awarded** <RAWK OFF>

Unread 21-10-2014, 12:19 AM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
does he really?!

He's so pedestrian - fabregas and matic will run rings round him.
In central midfield he's pedestrian, yes. However, I think we might select him to offer a physical threat higher up the pitch, which is something both Carragher and Neville alluded to post-match.

It won't be pretty, but it could be effective. Who knows, 'Felli' and Falcao could be the dream partnership we've been waiting for.

Unread 21-10-2014, 12:24 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
It won't be pretty, but it could be effective. Who knows, 'Felli' and Falcao could be the dream partnership we've been waiting for.
Fellcao?

Unread 21-10-2014, 12:26 AM
92ToBury

Fellaini has scored more league goals than Balotelli this season. That is all.