Brendan Rodgers Discusses The Horse Meat Crisis With His Wife
I'm not reading all that

Unread 15-02-2013, 03:13 PM
KenwrightsWallet

Talking to Rodgers about cup finals

Has he been involved in any?

Unread 15-02-2013, 03:37 PM
rafabio

I hope when he opens that envelope, its live on liverpool tv and in all 3 envelopes it his name. Later once he is sacked, gerrard reveals that he replaced players name with brendan's

Unread 15-02-2013, 04:18 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedthemull
I'm not reading all that
You should do, its superb. Was it your own work, rogie??

Unread 15-02-2013, 04:19 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
I hope when he opens that envelope, its live on liverpool tv and in all 3 envelopes it his name. Later once he is sacked, gerrard reveals that he replaced players name with brendan's

Unread 15-02-2013, 04:20 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

£#%&! knows tbf

Unread 15-02-2013, 04:24 PM
HERTS_RED

He's the gift that just keeps giving, from todays press conference

BR on top 4: "Being a realist, it's going to be very difficult. It's going to be a huge task. We can still do it"

Unread 15-02-2013, 04:29 PM
Baron

From todays Fiver - written by Paul Doyle...

Quote:
It is not true that before becoming a popular football manager Brendan Rodgers was a tantalising stand-up comedian, whose best joke went thus: "A man with a slightly disconcerting habit of patting interlocutors on the cheeks while staring them in the eye with a blend of friendly earnestness and deranged confidence walks into a bar and says: 'Hello, I would like an orange juice please and something to take home for my pet'. The barman asks: 'What type of pet do you have?' The man replies to this question."

It's not a very good joke, is it? When all is said and done, it is badly let down by the lack of a punchline. The buildup was fine, you might even go so far as to call it promising, but ultimately you have to conclude that it was a non-gag. A flop. Downright irritating, if you want to be frank. Feel familiar, Liverpool fans?
Liverpool's season and style of play seems sadly bereft of certain crucial components, such as reliability in front of goal, reliability at the back, basic toughness and positive results, all of which means the club are currently three points and two places worse off now than they were at this stage last season and, of course, out of the Cup after being bullied by mighty Oldham Athletic.

Still, the campaign has also had some highs, of course: indeed, at one stage Liverpool were threatening to play so well that Rodgers predicted they could storm up the table and finish in second place – that was right before they lost at home to Aston Villa; and several weeks later they looked so close to getting their act together that Rodgers predicted they could storm up the table and finish fourth – that was just before they lost at home to West Bromwich Albion. Rodgers wisely refrained from declaring Liverpool imminent Euro Vase champions before last night's first leg in St Petersburg but he unwisely opened his mouth afterwards to baffle listeners with talk of "a near-on perfect away performance" after Liverpool were deservedly beaten 2-0 by Zenit.

There is no shame in losing to a team as talented and expensively-assembled as Zenit … unless you then try to convince people who actually saw the match that the loss was some kind of unjust anomaly and that, if we overlook trifles such as appalling finishing, patchy interplay and feeble defending, the losers were moral victors. There is, of course, something even more basic than defending and attacking effectively and even easier to get right: talking.

And yet previous Liverpool managers have failed even on that front: Roy Hodgson alienated the few Anfield regulars who were prepared to cut him some slack when he started babbling about sides such as Wolves and Birmingham being fearsome opponents and Kenny Dalglish lost his messiah status when he began guffing about conspiracies everywhere and trumpeting advertising deals as major honours. After those two flops Liverpool fans have been prepared to give Rodgers time to repair years of neglect and ineptitude, and some even maintain that Rodgers's recruits such as Fabio Borini and Joe Allen will yet prove inspired hires, but it is hard for anyone to be convinced that Rodgers knows what he is doing when he persistently spouts blatant bull.
Ooof

Unread 15-02-2013, 04:44 PM
red in cumbria

That may, just possiby, be the best thing that Doyle has ever written. Credit where its due - almost every word is brutal

Unread 15-02-2013, 04:49 PM
Scabs

Oooh. That's gotta hurt.

Unread 15-02-2013, 04:53 PM
Zorg

The Euro Vase

Unread 15-02-2013, 05:14 PM
Jack Duckworth

Unread 15-02-2013, 05:14 PM
djsst

Quote:
Right !!, here's a challenge to all those of you who keep spouting on about that no mark manager deserving more time.
I want you to come on here and give me one good reason why he shouldn't be booted out this morning, or indeed before now !!.
I missed the live game last night because I was working so I had to stay up till 12 and watch it on LFCTV, I didn't know the score so I was proper up for it.
I watched Joe Allen give the ball away at least 5 time's in the first half, the trend continued in the second half, I honestly couldn't believe he was still on the park at half time but I guess that Brendan Rodgers for you, Stevie was too busy baby sitting again !!, same old story every time Allen play's.
I've said this before and to quote a phrase "I'll say it agian", THAT CLOWN SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN EMPLOYED AS OUR MANAGER AND HE NEED'S TO GO NOW BEFORE HE DRAG'S US ANY FURTHER DOWN THE $#*!HOLE.
I watched is face last night and his body language, he didn't have a clue what to do last night, he was baffled, AGAIN !!, He proved that when he started Allen and he proved it when he made the substitution.
This is no longer a laughing matter now, it's gone way beyond that.
GET THAT CLOWN AWAY FROM MY CLUB AND DO IT PRONTO !!!.

Read more: Liverpool Echo http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liver...#ixzz2KzMHHTgy

Unread 15-02-2013, 08:07 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth

Unread 15-02-2013, 08:10 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
What the £#%&! is he doing

Unread 15-02-2013, 09:28 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
What the £#%&! is he doing
In the gif, in general, or both?

Unread 16-02-2013, 05:50 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Thumbs up

From the grauniad

The manager believes it is the calibre of signing, not the quantity, that will instigate an improvement.

Rodgers said: "The biggest thing we need this summer is to bring in some men, some character that allows and supports the other men to see the games out. That is the biggest thing for me. Look at Jamie Carragher. He is our best defender, he is 35, but we are losing that character. That has to be replaced somehow.

"I also think there are other areas of the team that need improving. They have to be established players and they have to have that hunger, that is the key thing."

There are big things and key things and the need for men to support the other men and the ambition of the club............gem after gem

Unread 16-02-2013, 10:30 AM
rogieop

so what he's basically saying is he needs to sign a small amount of very good players instead of a lot of absolutely shite players.

genius that man.

Unread 16-02-2013, 12:00 PM
Sloppy

Unread 16-02-2013, 12:02 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Closed Thread