United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Scholes and Giggs starting away to Arsenal it is then.

:shakehead:
If Scholes starts it will be a disaster.

I would go with Anderson and Carrick, and if Anderson can only do 60 mins bring on Jones since he can actually run.

Unread 20-01-2012, 12:27 PM
The Watcher

Love Welbeck, but he's wasted in wider areas. Has to play as a striker. Still a good option to have on the bench. I reckon he & Rooney will start.

Unread 20-01-2012, 12:27 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
If Scholes starts it will be a disaster.

I would go with Anderson and Carrick, and if Anderson can only do 60 mins bring on Jones since he can actually run.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!! Not only is he shit, which means you shouldn't zselect him, he's £#%&!ing injured anyway!!!!!

Sorry.

Unread 20-01-2012, 12:29 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Love Welbeck, but he's wasted in wider areas. Has to play as a striker. Still a good option to have on the bench. I reckon he & Rooney will start.
I dunno, gave Chelsea a torrid time from wide for Sunderland last season I seem to remember. Destroyed Cole. He was switching sides and dropping deep. I think a front 3 of him, Nani and Rooney might work really well if we want to go back to 4-3-3. Not sure why we should though, given the lack of midfielders we have.

Unread 20-01-2012, 12:34 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I dunno, gave Chelsea a torrid time from wide for Sunderland last season I seem to remember. Destroyed Cole. He was switching sides and dropping deep. I think a front 3 of him, Nani and Rooney might work really well if we want to go back to 4-3-3. Not sure why we should though, given the lack of midfielders we have.
Because we won't get the ball otherwise and they'll just pass us to death, as the generally do when we go 4-4-2 against them?

It'd be nice to get Valencia and Nani pushed right up against their FB's, so maybe 4-4-2 is the way.

Unread 20-01-2012, 12:34 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
great, so he can go to anfield and have a stormer, just like he did once, four years ago.
Shits on fabregaaaas
Yeah, that would be awful.

that he's shit.

Unread 20-01-2012, 12:36 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Because we won't get the ball otherwise and they'll just pass us to death, as the generally do when we go 4-4-2 against them?

It'd be nice to get Valencia and Nani pushed right up against their FB's, so maybe 4-4-2 is the way.
Don't think Scholes will help us get the ball back and if Bolton's anything to go on he won't help us keep it that well.

Unread 20-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Yeah, that would be awful.

that he's shit.
yeah that's exactly what I meant

Unread 20-01-2012, 12:39 PM
dunk

Quote:
Don't think Scholes will help us get the ball back and if Bolton's anything to go on he won't help us keep it that well.
I wouldn't play Scholes against one but Utter shit at OT tbh.

In fact, I think I'd send him back to retirement.

If it's 4-4-2, Carrick and Giggs in the middle.

Unread 20-01-2012, 12:41 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I wouldn't play Scholes against one but Utter shit at OT tbh.

In fact, I think I'd send him back to retirement.

If it's 4-4-2, Carrick and Giggs in the middle
I think I was a bit harsh on you yesterday and don't want to do it again so I will say nothing about that you £#%&!ing mental case.

Unread 20-01-2012, 12:47 PM
dunk

Quote:
I think I was a bit harsh on you yesterday and don't want to do it again so I will say nothing about that you £#%&!ing mental case.
Our other options being a recently returned retiree and CB who has been £#%&!ing awful for a month in every position he's been asked to play because he's knackered?

And of course, the Carrick and Giggs pairing was £#%&!ing awful against City.

Unread 20-01-2012, 12:51 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Our other options being a recently returned retiree and CB who has been £#%&!ing awful for a month in every position he's been asked to play because he's knackered?

And of course, the Carrick and Giggs pairing was £#%&!ing awful against City.
You're a £#%&!ing stubborn idiot. He's been very good in midfield and his form only dipped when moved into defence. Still, better you dont admit you might have been wrong, as you previously have than admit this.

Unread 20-01-2012, 12:52 PM
jem

instead of dad's army scholes or giggs or the gurning pike stupid boy jones, what about the other brasilian wonder kid? it's the only sensible choice. jones or giggs would be fine, but fabio will rule the midfield.

Unread 20-01-2012, 12:54 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
instead of dad's army scholes or giggs or the gurning pike stupid boy jones, what about the other brasilian wonder kid? it's the only sensible choice. jones or giggs would be fine, but fabio will rule the midfield.
For 8 minutes before the inevitable injury/red card.

Unread 20-01-2012, 12:56 PM
dunk

Quote:
You're a £#%&!ing stubborn idiot. He's been very good in midfield and his form only dipped when moved into defence. Still, better you dont admit you might have been wrong, as you previously have than admit this.
He's played 5 games in midfield. 5. Liverpool away, Basle away, Villa away, QPR away and Wolves at home. That's it. Liverpool and Basle the whole team was shite and he looked lost (not his fault) he was good in the other 3. Hardly a stellar CV indicating his prowess tbh. He was brilliant at RB in the first 2 months of the season, but he isn't a RB. The main issue is he's %@#$&!sed and his head is up his arse from being £#%&!ed around with, his performances in the last month have been shocking, regardless of position, hence I wouldn't pick him, even in midfield where his £#%&! ups cause less damage.

Rest him for a bit, then bring him back gradually.

Unread 20-01-2012, 12:58 PM
andyroo

Quote:
For 8 minutes before the inevitable injury/red card.
Fabio's a bit less nuts than the brother isn't he?

Even more fragile though.

Unread 20-01-2012, 12:59 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
He's played 5 games in midfield. 5. Liverpool away, Basle away, Villa away, QPR away and Wolves at home. That's it. Liverpool and Basle the whole team was shite and he looked lost (not his fault) he was good in the other 3. Hardly a stellar CV indicating his prowess tbh. He was brilliant at RB in the first 2 months of the season, but he isn't a RB. Tthe main issue is he's %@#$&!sed and his head is up his arse from being £#%&!ed around with, his performances in the last month have been shocking, regardless of position, hence I wouldn't pick him, even in midfield where his £#%&! ups cause less damage.

Rest him for a bit, then bring him back gradually.
When has he been good at CB? He hasn't really.

Play him in midfield against Arsenal, paired with Carrick again and he'll do well. Getting from box to box and breaking up play allowing Carrick time to dictate our play and cover in behind.

Unread 20-01-2012, 01:00 PM
andyroo

Quote:
When has he been good at CB? He hasn't really.
Against lovely us at Ewood Park...

Unread 20-01-2012, 01:01 PM
borsuk

i agree we should stop moving jones around. he's clearly a midfielder, playing him at the back is only going to confuse him.

Unread 20-01-2012, 01:03 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i agree we should stop moving jones around. he's clearly a midfielder, playing him at the back is only going to confuse him.
He even plays CB like a midfielder.
Closed Thread