Originally Posted by andyroo
:bi:

public school innit

Unread 19-01-2012, 11:25 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
From David Elleray's new book:

Anyway, in the Liverpool game, with United 2-0 up, I awarded the home side a penalty, which they converted. It was a tight decision for which I would have been criticised either way but which angered United.
'It was a great tackle. I got it hopelessly wrong' would have been more honest.

Unread 19-01-2012, 11:28 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Their penalty, Irwin being sent off, the inevitable equalizer and his subsequent celebration...no match has ever made me as angry as that. Never known rage like it after a football match I was £#%&!ing fuming for days after that.
Only the 2nd leg of the Leverkusen Semi and when Henry scored in the last minute and Arsenal twice in the last 3 minutes at the Emirates come close.

£#%&!ing seething all 3 times

Unread 19-01-2012, 11:30 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
:bi:

Unread 19-01-2012, 11:32 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Only the 2nd leg of the Leverkusen Semi and when Henry scored in the last minute and Arsenal twice in the last 3 minutes at the Emirates come close.

£#%&!ing seething all 3 times
I think I'm with Watchers, that was worse. Of all the @#%&!s to have been handed the game, with all that was at stake.

Like MJ says though, we had the last laugh.

Unread 19-01-2012, 11:47 PM
programmes?

IMO, Irwin deserved a second yellow. I think he was time-wasting with that clearance, I thought it at the time and afterwards also.

Unread 19-01-2012, 11:50 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by programmes?
IMO, Irwin deserved a second yellow. I think he was time-wasting with that clearance, I thought it at the time and afterwards also.
I'd hardly call tapping a ball about five yards a 'clearance'. It's not like he booted it into the crowd.

Unread 19-01-2012, 11:53 PM
thatsfuctit

thing is though, and cliche ahoy, but the run in for the treble, every game was licherally a cup final #imaginethedoomonhere

Unread 19-01-2012, 11:53 PM
andyroo

Rooney got done for that at Fulham as well, when he'd actually sent the ball towards where the foul happened. It was petulant sure but absolutely no time was wasted... UNTIL the ref held up the game by sending him off.

Unread 19-01-2012, 11:55 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
'we're not gonnae let him rob us of we title' re elleray. Didn't arsenal beat spurs at white hart lane the same night?
Yep, they somehow won 3-1 despite being played off the park for much of the game

It wasn't the absolute worst, though, nor was Leverkusen in 2001/02. Nor even 10/23 of more recent vintage.....

Anfield at the end of the 1991/92 season tops any list of horrors. And (hopefully) always will

Unread 19-01-2012, 11:55 PM
Sparky***

can you imagine his team talks now?

"They're playing against men, RIGHT?!"

as he surveys Rooney with his £#%&!ing stitched on barnet, nani preening his eyebrows, cleverley pouting away like a trout, rio tweeting about his new gossip mag and evans trying to use all his strength to push open some swivel doors.

"oh fe £#%&!'s sake.....just try not te look like @#%&!s, areet?"

Unread 19-01-2012, 11:57 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
thing is though, and cliche ahoy, but the run in for the treble, every game was licherally a cup final #imaginethedoomonhere
can you imagine the comments between 85-90 mins on the european cup final?

"£#%&!ing shit...bottled it again on the big stage...wrong team. wtf was ferie thinking? blomqvist on the right?!...sheringham, £#%&! off you flash cockney cun.........GOAL!!"

Unread 19-01-2012, 11:58 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth

"£#%&!ing shit...bottled it again on the big stage...wrong team. wtf was ferie thinking? blomqvist on the right?!...sheringham, £#%&! off you flash cockney cun.........GOAL!!"

Unread 19-01-2012, 11:58 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

Quote:

Unread 20-01-2012, 12:00 AM
Zorg

Quote:

I was a bit like that during the FA Cup semi replay.

'Pass it Giggs ffs.... £#%&!ing pass it! Pass the ball! Pass the £#%&!ing ball you greedy AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH'

Unread 20-01-2012, 12:01 AM
programmes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I'd hardly call tapping a ball about five yards a 'clearance'. It's not like he booted it into the crowd.
He didn't though. He played it up the line a good thirty yards.

Unread 20-01-2012, 12:02 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:

spot on

Unread 20-01-2012, 12:03 AM
andyroo

Quote:

'Pass it Giggs ffs.... £#%&!ing pass it! Pass the ball! Pass the £#%&!ing ball you greedy AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH'
Heh yeah... remember my mate doing the same and me going "hang on, something's happening out there..."

Who's the avvie btw, bit small and I can't make it out. Robbo?

Unread 20-01-2012, 12:04 AM
no fun

Quote:

I was screaming "corner flag you @#%&! !!!!"
Closed Thread