United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-04-2011, 09:22 PM
Tumescent Throb

Default Re: Barcelona 2011 vs AC Milan 1990 - By Jonathan Wilson

your argument is hopelessly flawed because it contradicts the facts. suggest you take a look at the line-ups for the last 8 in the CL over the past few seasons (maybe since 03/04)

as for bayern last season, they scored some sensational goals and reached the final scoring 4 goals in each of their knock-out games in doing so. robben was one of the players of the tournament. ribery was one of the players of the season in europe, but got stitched up and banned from the final (although i don't recall what mourinho made of that)

Unread 28-04-2011, 09:57 PM
borsuk

Default Re: Barcelona 2011 vs AC Milan 1990 - By Jonathan Wilson

the last 8, heady stuff

bayern were awful to watch last year.

Unread 25-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Sandman

Good documentary about Arrigo Sacchi for anyone interested

Unread 25-01-2012, 02:16 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
your argument is hopelessly flawed because it contradicts the facts. suggest you take a look at the line-ups for the last 8 in the CL over the past few seasons (maybe since 03/04)

as for bayern last season, they scored some sensational goals and reached the final scoring 4 goals in each of their knock-out games in doing so. robben was one of the players of the tournament. ribery was one of the players of the season in europe, but got stitched up and banned from the final (although i don't recall what mourinho made of that)
God, he was £#%&!ing hard work that lad, wasn't he?

Unread 25-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
what an utterly pointless article, never got this kind of thing. people do it with boxing, great long articles explaining why marciano got off the floor to stopp ali in the last round

i suppose it's easier to talk about these kind of fantasy matches because you know you're never going to be proven wrong.
Did you not watch the last Rocky Balboa documentary? Egg well and truly on everyone's faces after he spanked Antonio 'Magic Man' Tarver.

Unread 25-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman

Football's Greatest Managers - Arrigo Sacchi - YouTube
Looking forward to watching this. Great find

Unread 25-01-2012, 06:16 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Looking forward to watching this. Great find
I actually thought of you when I saw it

Unread 25-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Argentina

Quote:

Football's Greatest Managers - Arrigo Sacchi - YouTube
These types of documentaries are shit aren't they. It's only interesting because it's from Italy and not as well widely known as something from England.

It could have been a lot better though

There's a lot of theory which says Sacchi didn't like Baggio because he was an individual and couldn't fit into that team ethos which he was so successful with at AC. And also the shadow play stuff was revolutionary and especially in England was quickly incorporated (and misunderstood!).

They just repeat tired old stories. Has anyone seen the Premier League legends doc's on ESPN? The Cantona and Giggs ones are so cliched and boring. Even the Ferguson one of that series the Sacchi one is from is dull and only brushes the surface.
I suppose that's what you get for 25 minutes though.

Unread 25-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Barcelona 2011 = ridiculously overrated.

Their defence is shit and they have zero physical presence.

United 1999 would have beat them convincingly IMO.

Unread 25-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
I actually thought of you when I saw it
I'd expect nothing less

Unread 25-01-2012, 11:27 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
God, he was £#%&!ing hard work that lad, wasn't he?
I keep laughing at this !

really tickles me

Unread 26-01-2012, 12:18 AM
red in cumbria

I miss him
Closed Thread