United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Tumescent Throb

Default Re: "Kick, Run, Cross"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It'd still be funny that they had lost their hero and replaced him with somebody way below that status though.
i know what you mean

don't really look at things that way though tbh

there was never any real connection between selling Ronaldo and buying Valencia

Unread 17-12-2009, 12:53 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
there was never any real connection between selling Ronaldo and buying Valencia
I don't think so either, I think the idea was to move Ronaldo more central/left and provide another option on the right, unfortunately, it didn't pan out that way.

Unread 17-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I don't think so either, I think the idea was to move Ronaldo more central/left and provide another option on the right, unfortunately, it didn't pan out that way.
so what's replacing Torres with Scotland got to do with it then

Unread 17-12-2009, 01:22 PM
borsuk

he's a tremendous player, well suited to our style of play - as fergie well knew, of course. great going forward, very solid defending, great work ethic.

the only people £#%&!ed off with the signing were either (a) #@&%!s upset because he came from wigan or (b) people who insist on seeing evidence for (the very real) debt problems everywhere. or both.

as lok said, anyone who watched wigan or ecuador last year knew he was a quality footballer. one of the first names on the teamsheet now and he would have been last year as well.

Unread 17-12-2009, 01:45 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
he's a tremendous player, well suited to our style of play - as fergie well knew, of course. great going forward, very solid defending, great work ethic.

the only people £#%&!ed off with the signing were either (a) #@&%!s upset because he came from wigan or (b) people who insist on seeing evidence for (the very real) debt problems everywhere. or both.

as lok said, anyone who watched wigan or ecuador last year knew he was a quality footballer. one of the first names on the teamsheet now and he would have been last year as well.
indeed, or in the 2006 world cup campaign

Unread 17-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Zorg

Quote:
the only people £#%&!ed off with the signing were either (a) #@&%!s upset because he came from wigan or (b)
Could never understand this tbh. Eric used to play for Auxerre. Keane was bought from Forest, the great Ralph Milne from Dundee United.

Unread 17-12-2009, 01:52 PM
dunk

Quote:
so what's replacing Torres with Scotland got to do with it then
Are you just being deliberately difficult now

Unread 17-12-2009, 01:54 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
To be honest, I'm with TT here, your point is rather obscure.

Unread 17-12-2009, 01:56 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
To be honest, I'm with TT here, your point is rather obscure.
Torres is Liverpools best player. Were they to sell him and replace him with a striker on the up from Wigan we would all be laughing at them.

Ronaldo was our best player. We sold him and replaced him with a winger on the up from Wigan.

When you just look at it from that pov, it is quite amusing.

Unread 17-12-2009, 01:57 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
no

you said that replacing Ronaldo with Valencia was akin to vermin replacing Torres with Scotland. you then agreed with me that Valencia wasn't a replacement for Ronaldo at all. just a bit confuing tbh. anyway, no matter....

Unread 17-12-2009, 01:58 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Could never understand this tbh. Eric used to play for Auxerre. Keane was bought from Forest, the great Ralph Milne from Dundee United.
not to mention ole

at least we buy our keepers from decent clubs like brondby, fulham and west brom.

our possible back four for saturday: fluminese youth team, spartak , stoke reserves via wrexham and monaco.

etc.

pretty much par for the course for fergie's time at the club. the odd big buy, a fair number from good but not great clubs and plenty of home-grown talent. long may it continue.

Unread 17-12-2009, 02:00 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Torres is Liverpools best player. Were they to sell him and replace him with a striker on the up from Wigan we would all be laughing at them.

Ronaldo was our best player. We sold him and replaced him with a winger on the up from Wigan.

When you just look at it from that pov, it is quite amusing.
You said the two were unconnected though?

EDIT: Sorry TT has made the point already.

Unread 17-12-2009, 02:03 PM
dunk

Quote:
no

you said that replacing Ronaldo with Valencia was akin to vermin replacing Torres with Scotland. you then agreed with me that Valencia wasn't a replacement for Ronaldo at all. just a bit confuing tbh. anyway, no matter....
I don't think Scotland is that bad a player, not our standard and certainly not as good as Valencia, but then Torres isn't as good as Ronaldo.

Unread 17-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Zorg

Quote:
pretty much par for the course for fergie's time at the club. the odd big buy, a fair number from good but not great clubs and plenty of home-grown talent. long may it continue.
Nah, it'd be better if he bought players only from Barca, Real, Inter and AC based on 30-second youtube clips set to hip-hop music.

Unread 17-12-2009, 02:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
You said the two were unconnected though?

EDIT: Sorry TT has made the point already.
£#%&!ing hell

It wasn't the original plan, but that is what has ended up happening, or at least, that's what it looks like has happened.

Unread 17-12-2009, 02:04 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Nah, it'd be better if he bought players only from Barca, Real, Inter and AC based on 30-second youtube clips set to hip-hop music.
titled 'the new.....'

with names ending in -inho

Unread 17-12-2009, 02:07 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
£#%&!ing hell

It wasn't the original plan, but that is what has ended up happening, or at least, that's what it looks like has happened.
I've still no idea of your point, nor why you are so insistent about it given its obscurity?

Anyway, Ronnie wanted to go and got his way. We bought a very good player changed our lineup a bit, made Rooney much more the focus of the team as opposed to Ronnie and we are now better going forward, in goals scored at least. Good news all round.

Unread 17-12-2009, 02:08 PM
borsuk

ignore the professionally awkward types, dunk, i get you.

we sold our best player and we bought someone from low down the league. this wasn't our plan to replace one with the other but that's the way it looks to others. if we were on the outside looking in we might draw the same conclusions as them and laugh at it.

perfect sense. just need to remember how we see it and how a rat-chomping granny-stabbing grief monkey sees it isn't the same thing.

Unread 17-12-2009, 02:09 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

we sold our best player and we bought someone from low down the league. this wasn't our plan to replace one with the other but that's the way it looks to others. if we were on the outside looking in we might draw the same conclusions as them and laugh at it.

perfect sense. just need to remember how we see it and how a rat-chomping granny-stabbing grief monkey sees it isn't the same thing.
Ah right. Erm, OK.

Unread 17-12-2009, 02:21 PM
dunk

Quote:

Cheers borsuk, I knew it couldn't be that difficult to grasp.
Closed Thread