United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 22-02-2018, 11:35 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Nobody is forcing Jose to play them.

Will be serious questions to ask if any of Smalling, Jones, Young, Valencia are starting next season. At least two should be sold straight off the bat, arguably three.
they should be beaten to death with said bat. immediately.

Unread 22-02-2018, 11:36 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
We have the best

defensive

record in the league

and it's not because

Nemanja Matic tries

to pass it back from

the edge of his own box

to Valencia stood on his

own dead ball line.

If there's a myth about this team

it's that our midfield

repeatedly losing the ball

in our own half

through a basic inability to place a 10 yard pass

is somehow protecting

the back four.
What tune mate?

Unread 22-02-2018, 11:37 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scholesgingersheen
we have the best

defensive

record in the league

and it's not because

nemanja matic tries

to pass it back from

the edge of his own box

to valencia stood on his

own dead ball line.

If there's a myth about this team

it's that our midfield

repeatedly losing the ball

in our own half

through a basic inability to place a 10 yard pass

is somehow protecting

the back four.
parklfe

Unread 22-02-2018, 11:37 AM
AK14

Best defensive record is more to do with the tactics of protecting the back four and having the best 'keeper in world football.

Unread 22-02-2018, 11:38 AM
Wellinever

Default Going backwards at free kicks?

We seem to be past masters at gaining a free kick in opponents half, then going backwards!
Last night on a number of occasions we won a free kick, the nearest United player takes it supposedly 'quickly' and passes to the next nearest United player, who has that look on his face which says "what the 'f...k' am I supposed to do now", he passes back, then it goes square then back again, then De Gea thumps it up field.
What is that all about? Gain a free kick, lose 40 yards!

Unread 22-02-2018, 11:49 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Best defensive record is more to do with the tactics of protecting the back four and having the best 'keeper in world football.
nope, you're just blaming the area of the same old easy targets.

How can you say with a straight face that our midfield & frontline do a good job at helping out the back4?
They don't press or work hard, they don't track their runners, they sulk like £#%&! & get hooked if they're asked to defend when we don't have the ball.

Our problems are in midfield & up top. nqat.

The defence's life would be a whole lot easier if we showed any attacking intent whatsoever - which we don't because our attacking players are bang average & our manager is a defensive bore.

Unread 22-02-2018, 11:53 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
It has been gathered now that he changed his plans to make the game.

Good for him. Weird considering his hatred of United and Mou. But good for him.
Why are you lying again? It's like a £#%&!ing compulsion

Unread 22-02-2018, 11:55 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

How can you say with a straight face that our midfield & frontline do a good job at helping out the back4?
They don't press or work hard, they don't track their runners, they sulk like f*** & get hooked if they're asked to defend when we don't have the ball.

The defence's life would be a whole lot easier if we showed any attacking intent whatsoever - which we don't because our attacking players are bang average & our manager is a defensive bore.
Disagree MJ.

It has to work both ways. Defence need to offer for Midfield, they don't and take the easy option every time. Not one area works well with each other.

As for the press, they're not told to it's sit back and protect.

Unread 22-02-2018, 11:56 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

They don't press or work hard, they don't track their runners, they sulk like £#%&! & get hooked if they're asked to defend when we don't have the ball.

The tactics of being so negative and sitting back is helping them a great deal. If we opened up and actually attacked sides like many on here want we'd be shipping a load of goals nqat.

Unread 22-02-2018, 12:01 PM
Ethers

Our defence, midfield AND attack are shite. HTH

Unread 22-02-2018, 12:04 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

pure giving stick about moobs ffs

Unread 22-02-2018, 12:05 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Yet you expect the manager to get a tune out of them

Could be said that he's actually doing a good job considering we're so bad...

Unread 22-02-2018, 12:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
It is a fascinating emerging story, isn't it?

It's taken 18 months of Mou for people to see what a real, deliberate negative @#%&! of a manager looks like.

One to keep an eye on
Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
If Mou left in May the next bloke may very well want shot of Lukaku and Matic. Both ill-suited to United. And he'll inherit a tactical headache about how to fit in the two gamour signings of Pogba and Sanchez, especially without continuing to destroy the young talent.

It's a dreadfully constructed side on huge wages. If Mou can't fix it, we're stuck with most of them.

What I'd give to go back to 2016 and give the job to someone who was going to develop Shaw, Martial, Rashford etc. This was so predictable.
Yep.

Quote:
Disjointed, unbalanced %@#$&!s, the lot of them. They are so visibly badly coached in every aspect that it is £#%&!ing painful.

Unread 22-02-2018, 12:07 PM
Ethers

Quote:

I didn’t say they were all shite players. Far from it.

Currently, no area of our side is performing well.

That partly falls on the manager, sorry.

Unread 22-02-2018, 12:07 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
pure giving stick about moobs ffs

Which isn't even true which makes it funnier. Like I said, trying to make himself feel better.

Don't even get his constant snides at me either to be honest, I thought he was a good lad when I met him. I guess he just wants to fit in with the others on here.

He's even spoken with my mum.

Unread 22-02-2018, 12:08 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
The tactics of being so negative and sitting back is helping them a great deal. If we opened up and actually attacked sides like many on here want we'd be shipping a load of goals nqat.
Oh £#%&! off, we've got 200 odd million of midfielders on the books and we can't expect them to play attacking football AND win the ball in the middle of the park? How did bending over and Goatseing for Jonjo Shelvey protect the back 4?

Pull the other one, it's got an opinion on our style of play not entirely predicated on an irrational hatred of English centre halves on it.

Unread 22-02-2018, 12:08 PM
dunk

Quote:

Big Sam would get a better tune out of them than Mourinho, he's finished. They are good footballers absolutely battered into negative surrender by the manager.

Unread 22-02-2018, 12:09 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Which isn't even true which makes it funnier. Like I said, trying to make himself feel better.

Don't even get his constant snides at me either to be honest, I thought he was a good lad when I met him. I guess he just wants to fit in with the others on here.

He's even spoken with my mum.
Wtf?!

Pure’s been bothering your mum, the massive sex pest?!

I mean I’ve seen him get creepy with the babestation girls on Twitter, but didn’t realise he was like that IRL too

Unread 22-02-2018, 12:11 PM
AK14

Thumbs up

Quote:
I didn’t say they were all shite players. Far from it.

Currently, no area of our side is performing well.

That partly falls on the manager, sorry.
No need to apologise this time pal, I'm not one of the ones that can't take other posters opinions and resort to name calling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Oh £#%&! off, we've got 200 odd million of midfielders on the books and we can't expect them to play attacking football AND win the ball in the middle of the park? How did bending over and Goatseing for Jonjo Shelvey protect the back 4?

Pull the other one, it's got an opinion on our style of play not entirely predicated on an irrational hatred of English centre halves on it.
No you £#%&! off.

Unread 22-02-2018, 12:12 PM
Ethers

Quote:
No need to apologise this time pal, I'm not one of the ones that can't take other posters opinions and resort to name calling.

No you £#%&! off.
Do you think some of the blame is on the manager then?

Or do you really thinks he’s doing a good job with bad players?