elephantstone

Default Re: United to pay PIK debts in full

Ipswich towns game was called off

Unread 28-12-2010, 12:00 AM
bobbledinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace
Give yourselves a pat on the back, drink your coco and smoke your pipes.

Huey Newton said the young will inherit the revolution.

Its down to people like me to save our club. You soft shites just feed the monster.
How do we save the club Menace? Boycotting is really a fancy term for doing £#%&! all. Principles won't win this one.

And don't go following that Guevara boyo. Had people shot for listening to the beatles. Scouse or not, that's bad form.

Unread 28-12-2010, 12:03 AM
Menace

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
Ipswich towns game was called off
£#%&! off.

Unread 28-12-2010, 12:06 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Fair £#%&!s guys. Its been an interesting battle.

Regardless of differing beliefs on boycotts/Old Trafford hospitality/being a scruffy student, I think we can all say that we all want the best for this club, and we all oppose the current ownership.

Regardless of where we'll be watching United, whether it's in the Stretford End, in the Blaize or on a shitty internet stream, we all share the hope of lifting that 19th title in May.

Sorry for any offense caused, it was never meant to be personal.

I gave it my best shot, and if I've suffered an Ipswich Town battering defeat here tonight I will hold my head up high and keep fighting.
Fair play menace.

Unread 28-12-2010, 12:11 AM
Menace

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbledinho
How do we save the club Menace? Boycotting is really a fancy term for doing £#%&! all. Principles won't win this one.

And don't go following that Guevara boyo. Had people shot for listening to the beatles. Scouse or not, that's bad form.
I hold the belief that the only way you can hurt people who's sole concern is money is by hurting them in the pocket, as that's the only thing they care about. You can't reason with them.

The Glazer's see United as a business with a substantial amount of its revenue coming through merchandise and ticket sales. Boycotting merchandise and boycotting games would substantially reduce the income of the club and with it struggling to make the profit that the Glazer's require it would force their hand into a sale.

Obviously this all works in theory, but may not in practice as there's the argument that Old Trafford can be filled ten-times over, so no matter how many supporters boycott there will always be replacements to fill the seats.

Then there's the argument that a dip in merchandise and ticket sales revenue would provoke the Glazers to simply take a more radical approach in making money off United's assets through the re-naming of Old Trafford and the sale of Carrington.

I've always felt that giving a boycott a chance is better than doing nothing, and the way things are going we won't be getting rid of Malcolm until he's happy to go IMO.

I'm just a simpleton with a love for United though. I'm no business expert.

Unread 28-12-2010, 12:14 AM
Menace

... And Guevara had some good quotes and a cool cigar-smoking habit.

I'm not too keen on his murderous rampage traits though.

Unread 28-12-2010, 12:15 AM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Fair £#%&!s guys. Its been an interesting battle.

Regardless of differing beliefs on boycotts/Old Trafford hospitality/being a scruffy student, I think we can all say that we all want the best for this club, and we all oppose the current ownership.

Regardless of where we'll be watching United, whether it's in the Stretford End, in the Blaize or on a shitty internet stream, we all share the hope of lifting that 19th title in May.

Sorry for any offense caused, it was never meant to be personal.

I gave it my best shot, and if I've suffered an Ipswich Town battering defeat here tonight I will hold my head up high and keep fighting.
Offence ffs. Standard of education today with these young uns :shakehead:

Unread 28-12-2010, 12:16 AM
Menace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
Offence ffs. Standard of education today with these young uns :shakehead:
Automatic American spell-checker.

Blame that.

Unread 28-12-2010, 12:26 AM
Crumps

Unread 28-12-2010, 01:46 AM
FraUtd

Seen this thread had a shit load of new posts and thought something had happened, but no, 15 pages of top red bullshit

Unread 28-12-2010, 01:48 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraUtd
Seen this thread had a shit load of new posts and thought something had happened, but no, 15 pages of top red bullshit
2006 wants its settings back

Unread 28-12-2010, 01:53 AM
FraUtd

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
On the iPhone, don't wanna scroll down long as £#%&! pages

Unread 28-12-2010, 02:05 AM
The taste of...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Quote:
On the iPhone, don't wanna scroll down long as £#%&! pages
Got done by the bullshit myself earlier and so thought this must be something genuinely connected but no ....more unrelated posts

Unread 28-12-2010, 12:41 PM
red in cumbria

Soz, pal

Unread 01-01-2011, 11:45 AM
magic_cantona

Bookie on SSN this morning saying that the Glazers to sell United this year is 5/2, but he thought that price was 'a bit too high' and he'd have a dabble at that

I'm clutching like £#%&! tbh.

Unread 01-01-2011, 04:53 PM
elephantstone

2 to 1 now magic, £#%&!ing ell how much did you put on?

Unread 01-01-2011, 04:55 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Bookie on SSN this morning saying that the Glazers to sell United this year is 5/2, but he thought that price was 'a bit too high' and he'd have a dabble at that

I'm clutching like £#%&! tbh.
Who'd have thought a bookie would be talking up prices.

Unread 01-01-2011, 05:27 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
2 to 1 now magic, £#%&!ing ell how much did you put on?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Who'd have thought a bookie would be talking up prices.
Carky sunts

Unread 05-01-2011, 01:30 AM
Jethro

Have I been sent a WUM?

Qatar Holdings, an investment vehicle for the Qatari royal family, have confirmed a period of due diligence on a £1.5billion takeover of Manchester United. The Gulf state of Qatar has already landed the right to stage the 2022 World Cup finals in an audacious international coup.

The Qataris have also accumulated a huge range of trophy assets in England including the Harrods store and spectacular London properties such as One Hyde Park, the Shard of Glass and the US Embassy in Grosvenor Square.

Just before Christmas the Qatar Foundation, the charity wing of the ruling family, bought the sponsorship rights to the Barcelona shirt. It was a declaration of their intention of getting Qatar accepted as a global football brand.

Amongst other brands it owns VW and Porsche.

Its chairman, Sheikh Hamad Bin Jassim Bin Jabr Al-Thani, who is also Qatari Prime Minister, is keen to add to their portfolio of investments and sees United as an iconic acquisition. The arrival of the Qatar billions (estimated to dwarf the £550 billion enjoyed by City's owners) would pave the way for the end of the controversial Glazer family reign.

The Arabs can satisfy any request for proof of funding from the Glazer family in the United States and are also willing to fund a massive transfer fund for manager Sir Alex Ferguson.
United's huge fan base around the globe are certain to welcome the change of ownership from the controversial Glazer regime.

Speculation that there was a change in the Glazer's policy aired a few weeks ago when they reduced United's
debt by paying back around £200m in PIK loans and hinting at a share issue and many City observers believe that reduction in debt would spark a Glazer sell-off. There were even rumours that the funding for the change had come from overseas investors keen to take a stake in United but the Glazers denied this.

Qatar Holdings will confirm that they have set aside around £2.5bn in funds to purchase the club and provide Sir Alex
with unlimited spending power in the transfer market.
So far the Glazers have resisted attempts to drive them out of Old Trafford even though the fans have been so critical of their reign, but now the scene is set for the Glazers to leave with a massive profit.

Qatar Holdings have been linked with a host of European giants including Barcelona, Real Madrid as well as Premier League rivals, Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham and Newcastle but United have always been top of their wish list.

This purchase of United would leave the club debt free and the most powerful club in the current world transfer market and even neighbours City, with their relative wealth, would find it hard to compete with the red revolution at what is already by far the most successful club in England."

Unread 05-01-2011, 01:32 AM
RedMenace

More than likely. Was posted on the Sanctuary earlier by some of the writers for RI but they've more or less dismissed it or dismissed that supposed press release being genuine anyway.
Closed Thread