United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-05-2012, 10:52 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
If you think that'll happen again, that's up to you. Oh and Fergie had a hell of a lot more experience and success behind him than a promotion and mid-table finish.

Unread 31-05-2012, 10:53 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
If you think that'll happen again, that's up to you. Oh and Fergie had a hell of a lot more experience and success behind him than a promotion and mid-table finish.
Hell yeah.

I don't think it'll happen, no. And I really don't think Brendan Rodgers, God love him, is the bloke to make it happen.

Unread 31-05-2012, 10:56 AM
borsuk

you can understand rodgers taking it, it could be a good stepping stone for him. a little bit of success there (europa league spot, winning the fizzy cup in normal time, avoiding race scandals) and you'd have to think he'll get offers from some big clubs down the line.

Unread 31-05-2012, 11:05 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

very surprised at Rodgers taking this, seems a very thoughtful guy and a long term planner (the study and language skills etc) could he not smell the corpses rotting under the stands? have his work cut out to last the season and no chance whatsoever of getting two. that squad won't make cl qualification and he won't get the time or the dough for a major overhaul.

Unread 31-05-2012, 12:20 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

RAWK statement on new manager

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/...topic=294165.0

Quote:
Brendan Rodgers is the new manager of Liverpool.
We at RAWK have always firmly believed that one of the strengths of being a Liverpool supporter is that we support the manager. We welcome him to our club and sincerely hope he understands the culture and history and requirements of one being manager at Liverpool Football Club, one of the major jobs in the world of football.

There may be some fans on here who did not wish for his appointment, perhaps preferring any number of other candidates. Let us make one thing clear: We support our manager. Full stop. If any of you are unable to do that, you will find yourselves looking for another fansite to post on. Liverpool supporters are meant to do things the right way and make no mistake, we will remove persistent whingers, moaners, nostalgists and petty posters from this site without a second thought.

Welcome Brendan, you've a bloody big pair of boots to fill. Good luck and welcome and all the best from us at RAWK

Unread 31-05-2012, 12:46 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Shipping statement form White Star Line 1912: "It is with regret we announce...

Unread 31-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Cream

Lot of love for Rodgers on here, lamb to the slaughter and all that.

Well I've cobbled together a dossier from this thread and have come to the conclusion he's something of a @#%&!.

The hero worshipping of Mourinho. The all too eager self-improvement programme.

No. Something's off here. I'm getting an Owen Coyle vibe mixed in with a bit of Villa Boas and no little Alan Partridge (name dropping his Spanish teacher ).

What's gonna happen to Swansea?

Unread 31-05-2012, 01:16 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Why don't they just rename it to communist reds and have done with it ffs.

You can't slag off the manager otherwise you'll be banned? haha what a load of deluded murdering @#%&!s.

Unread 31-05-2012, 01:18 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem
Lot of love for Rodgers on here, lamb to the slaughter and all that.

Well I've cobbled together a dossier from this thread and have come to the conclusion he's something of a @#%&!.

The hero worshipping of Mourinho. The all too eager self-improvement programme.

No. Something's off here. I'm getting an Owen Coyle vibe mixed in with a bit of Villa Boas and no little Alan Partridge (name dropping his Spanish teacher ).

He likes wearing grey, and has already perfected the scouse look, so for that reason he's a @#%&!.

Unread 31-05-2012, 01:29 PM
History

It would of been hard to hate martinez, in the same way it was hard to hate woy. So im all for this appointment.

Unread 31-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Baron

Quote:
What the actual £#%&! are they doing even releasing a statement ? It's a forum full of £#%&!ing lunatics

That said... can you imagine the Fred version ?

Quote:
We at Fred have always had enormous disdain for just about everything, go £#%&! yourselves & we all hope your next shit is a hedgehog

xx

Unread 31-05-2012, 01:44 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Why don't they just rename it to communist reds and have done with it ffs.

You can't slag off the manager otherwise you'll be banned? haha what a load of deluded murdering @#%&!s.
Not sure what that has to do with communism

Unread 31-05-2012, 01:48 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
bringing in a manager with a completely different approach and expecting immediate success (as they will) is a recipe for disaster. when rodgers arrived at swansea he took over a team that martinez had already moulded and coached into playing with that style; all he had to do was continue it. it's a different kettle of fish when you've got to build it all from scratch, all the while maintaining (arf) success. they should have a look at what happened with luis enrique at roma tbh.
Even Paulo Sousa came in and did well at Swansea in between Martinez leaving and Rodgers being appointed. Got him (Sousa) the job at Leicester, where he lasted three months before getting sacked.

I wonder if Martinez recommended Rodgers after turning them down. Huge gamble from the Scousers, anyway. Let's hope it all goes to shit.

Unread 31-05-2012, 01:53 PM
Father Christmas

Quote:
No mention of "dignity"?

Unread 31-05-2012, 01:56 PM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs up

Quote:
£#%&!ing #@&%!s

Unread 31-05-2012, 02:33 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
What the actual £#%&! are they doing even releasing a statement ? It's a forum full of £#%&!ing lunatics

That said... can you imagine the Fred version ?

We at Fred genuinely wish you harm.

Unread 31-05-2012, 07:49 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem
If some of the people being linked with the job get it, then relegation.

"Second season syndrome" looming large for both them and Norwich, I fear

Unread 31-05-2012, 07:51 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

I hope this doesn't mean Siggurdson to Liverpool.

Unread 31-05-2012, 07:55 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Dale Cooper
I hope this doesn't mean Siggurdson to Liverpool.
welcome back coops
happily he just signed a deal with swansea so cannot move now

Unread 31-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
welcome back coops
happily he just signed a deal with swansea so cannot move now
Thanks

I'm pleased to hear that. He's a good player.
Closed Thread