United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-05-2009, 10:52 AM
BarryX

we've got to sign him FFS. whoever is on the radar for us, will surely also be on the radar for City and Chelsea. This will force the price into silly range WHOEVER we look at.

Unread 27-05-2009, 11:00 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
£25.5m... £#%&!ing hell. On top of what ever the loan fee was for the last two seasons. Plus wages.

Then again... if in his two seasons at the club we record 2 league titles, 2 European Cups, a League Cup, a World Club Cup & a Charidee Shield I suspect it bodes well.

Personally, given Fergies transfer record the last few years... Vidic, Evra, Anderson, Hargreaves ( ) etc I'd be inclined to maybe let him see if there was anything else he could get in that price range... there's going to be a serious merri-go-round of players getting sold on this Summer.

Mind you, Whalers mentioning Gomez going for €30m would probably indicate the silly season is back on & Tevez at almost £5m less is a good £#%&!ing shout.

I'll leave it to Fergie
when berbatov was bought it wasnt his price that was important it was what he adds to the team.

tevez has added alot to the team and is a united player through and through.

his loan fees and wages are sunk costs meaning that it like buying him not for 25m.

what striker of his calibre, experiance and adaptability to our system can we get for £25m.

sunderland are recieving bids for 20m for kenwynne jones while gomez has gone for nearly £28m.

Unread 27-05-2009, 11:03 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
when berbatov was bought it wasnt his price that was important it was what he adds to the team.

tevez has added alot to the team and is a united player through and through.

his loan fees and wages are sunk costs meaning that it like buying him not for 25m.

what striker of his calibre, experiance and adaptability to our system can we get for £25m.

sunderland are recieving bids for 20m for kenwynne jones while gomez has gone for nearly £28m.
£#%&! off! Really? Off who? Whomsoever it is they must be thick as £#%&!.

Unread 27-05-2009, 11:10 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
£#%&! off! Really? Off who? Whomsoever it is they must be thick as £#%&!.
its true.

a team that me and ginners admire
'little united'

Unread 27-05-2009, 11:12 AM
dunk

Quote:
its true.

a team that me and ginners admire
'little united'
That £#%&!ing explains it then, any club willing to spend £15m on Bentley have no idea what they are doing.

Unread 27-05-2009, 11:31 AM
borsuk

phil vickery put it very well on the beeb's world football phone-in the other night. for all tevez's qualities he'll always be rooney-lite - similar to rooney, operating in a similar kind of way... but he'll never be as good as rooney. berbatov, on the other hand, whatever you think of his first season, clearly offers something different to everyone else and gives fergie another tactical option.

it was almost as if he's been reading my posts

the other point he made, which is a good one i think, is that tevez has been the main man everywhere he's been - in argentina, in brazil, at west ham - until he came to united. he needs to accept that he's not going to be an automatic first-choice and is going to spend time on the bench. however much he milks the fans' appreciation of his efforts, he's got to accept that. if he can, sign him up. if he can't, let him go. personally i think he's going to have a hard time realising that united is bigger than him, and he has a place in the pecking order which is not no 1.

Unread 27-05-2009, 12:30 PM
Baron

Quote:

tevez has added alot to the team and is a united player through and through

Who can we get to run around a lot, not score in the league & europe & retain possession too long?

We already have Park for that tbf. & he creates more over all.

As Borsurk mentioned, Rooney is infinitely better at everything Tevez does. & Berbatov does the different things we need to provide an option. & Ronaldo can cover all across the front line for everything else that requires pace. So, what would United ideally want given Rooney & Berbatov play more 'off' the forwards? You'd have to say pace & a more clinical finisher if you were being harsh. I understand the love people have for Tevez, but I don't think he's worth £25m+ because he's regressed this season into a Tropical Dirk Kuyt. & we used to rip the £#%&!ing piss out of the Vermin for loving him, did we not? & given Fergie pulled out Vidic & Evra for £12.5m combined, it's clearly not beyond him to find a goal scoring midfielder & a 3rd/4th choice striker that can do Tevez' job for £25m. If he can't, then by all means sign the guy up. The kids are also knocking at the door, so who knows how it'll end up.
Closed Thread