United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-09-2017, 08:47 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Would rather play Fellaini
Never thought I'd say this concerning Fellaini, but so would I.

Unread 15-09-2017, 08:49 AM
saffers

Özil on a free? It'd be rude not to

Özil10 and Griezmann7 next summer.

Unread 15-09-2017, 08:50 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
The question is whether Arsenal has permanently ruined him or not, and its an open question IMO. I would rather we didn't take the risk, mind.
Agreed pal. Lovely player before Arsenal. Would a move back to a proper club reignite his hunger?

Unread 15-09-2017, 08:58 AM
Pop

He never wanted to join Arsenal from the start and if it can be believed, waited until the last moment for Utd to do a deal with Real before going to London.

Damaged goods now. Will probably end up with some shit German side like Schalke.

Unread 15-09-2017, 09:02 AM
Stickman

He's completely broken.

Unread 15-09-2017, 09:05 AM
Surfers do Charlie

We don't need to sign midfielders just because they're free.

We aren't West Ham.

That's a No from me.

Unread 15-09-2017, 09:05 AM
Pop

Ronnie was seething after he was sold too. Bitched about it for weeks.

Sign him on a free just to wum the Arsenal fans. If he's a flop give him a job as a steward at OT. He'll be onto any tomfoolery in a flash with those fine big all-seeing eyeballs of his.

Unread 24-09-2017, 08:17 AM
dunk

Unread 24-09-2017, 08:24 AM
Coracao

He screams FANNY. And not the type you want to stick your johnson in.

Unread 24-09-2017, 08:26 AM
Sapien

Did he play under mourinho at RM? Really doesn't seem like his type of player at all.

Unread 24-09-2017, 08:31 AM
Tiberian

Is he an upgrade on Mata?

Mata works harder, his effort level is consistent and he is an excellent finisher but Ozil is much more creative.

Unread 24-09-2017, 08:44 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Is he an upgrade on Mata?

Mata works harder, his effort level is consistent and he is an excellent finisher but Ozil is much more creative.
Can’t we just have neither and get someone useful with the monies/wages?

It was like playing with 10 men for large stretches yesterday. Arsenal always seem to be playing with 10 men

Unread 24-09-2017, 08:48 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

It was like playing with 10 men for large stretches yesterday. Arsenal always seem to be playing with 10 men
Can’t stand modern day number 10s. Do £#%&!all for most of the game and are only there to provide assists. It might be effective at times but not if you want a team to consistently play good football

Unread 24-09-2017, 08:51 AM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
He screams FANNY. And not the type you want to stick your johnson in.

This

Unread 24-09-2017, 08:53 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

It is definitely a position that needs upgrading, or redefining, would love a proper wing option.

Wonder if Utd are looking at Pulisic at Dortmund. A potential world class US attacking player, the Glazers' would love that, the marketing potential.

Unread 24-09-2017, 12:24 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Did he play under mourinho at RM? Really doesn't seem like his type of player at all.
Yep him and Jose love each other

Unread 24-09-2017, 12:57 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Yep him and Jose love each other

Mesut Ozil: Jose Mourinho called me a 'coward' in dressing-room spat

Mesut Ozil says Jose Mourinho once accused him of being a "coward" and "too nice to tackle" in a dressing room argument during their time at Real Madrid.

The Arsenal midfielder describes the incident in his upcoming autobiography, saying Mourinho called him out in front of the entire team during the half-time break of one game after he had failed to exert enough influence.

In an excerpt published in German magazine Bild, Ozil writes that Mourinho told him: "You think two beautiful passes are enough ... You think you're so good that fifty percent is enough. You think you are too nice to tackle."

Mourinho then added: "Do you know what your tackling looks like? No? I'll show you."

And then, Ozil writes, Mourinho tiptoed in front of Ozil with his hands close to his side with pursed lips and proceeded to hop all over the changing room.

Ozil, who played under Mourinho at Madrid from 2010 and 2013, compares the tense encounter to "two boxers at the stare-down before the first round."

He added: "He shows no emotion. Just waits for a response from me. How much I hate him right now. And I love Mourinho actually."

Finally a furious Ozil threw his shirt at Mourinho and challenged him to go out and play himself.

Mourinho is then said to have taunted him by saying: "Oh, are you giving up now? You're such a coward. What do you want? To creep under the beautiful, warm shower? Shampoo your hair? To be alone? Or do you want to prove to your fellow players, the fans out there, and me, what you can do."

http://www.espnfc.com/spanish-primer...sing-room-spat

Unread 24-09-2017, 12:58 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

Mesut Ozil: Jose Mourinho called me a 'coward' in dressing-room spat

Mesut Ozil says Jose Mourinho once accused him of being a "coward" and "too nice to tackle" in a dressing room argument during their time at Real Madrid.

The Arsenal midfielder describes the incident in his upcoming autobiography, saying Mourinho called him out in front of the entire team during the half-time break of one game after he had failed to exert enough influence.

In an excerpt published in German magazine Bild, Ozil writes that Mourinho told him: "You think two beautiful passes are enough ... You think you're so good that fifty percent is enough. You think you are too nice to tackle."

Mourinho then added: "Do you know what your tackling looks like? No? I'll show you."

And then, Ozil writes, Mourinho tiptoed in front of Ozil with his hands close to his side with pursed lips and proceeded to hop all over the changing room.

Ozil, who played under Mourinho at Madrid from 2010 and 2013, compares the tense encounter to "two boxers at the stare-down before the first round."

He added: "He shows no emotion. Just waits for a response from me. How much I hate him right now. And I love Mourinho actually."

Finally a furious Ozil threw his shirt at Mourinho and challenged him to go out and play himself.

Mourinho is then said to have taunted him by saying: "Oh, are you giving up now? You're such a coward. What do you want? To creep under the beautiful, warm shower? Shampoo your hair? To be alone? Or do you want to prove to your fellow players, the fans out there, and me, what you can do."

http://www.espnfc.com/spanish-primer...sing-room-spat
Mou

Unread 24-09-2017, 01:04 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Mou
Mourinho: "Özil is unique. He's the best no. 10 in the world"

The former Real Madrid manager José Mourinho, now in charge of Chelsea, talked about Mesut Özil's departure from his old club: "Özil is unique. There is no copy of him – not even a bad one. He is the best number 10 in the world."

The Portuguese gaffer praised the German's form during his time at Real. "He made things very easy for me and for his teammates with his football vision and the decisions he made," he assured, arguing that it was a mistake to let him go.

http://www.marca.com/2013/09/04/en/f...378309700.html

I think we should absolutely welcome this lad if he is interested. Super talent.

Unread 24-09-2017, 02:09 PM
puressence

Would only pick him at home against teams in the bottom half of the table
Closed Thread