United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-06-2007, 09:12 PM
Luffy

Default Rossi scored a great goal

Quality little player, most natural goal scorer we have on our books.

Unread 17-06-2007, 09:26 PM
Rhodzy

Another great performance, voted MOTM by UEFA

Unread 17-06-2007, 09:33 PM
Tiberian

Will say it again, if he is flogged after 10 games at Utd while the likes of Richardson and Fletcher get 200+ between them it will be an utter disgrace.

The lad is technically as good as anyone on our books, touch is brilliant, awareness of space and players around him top class, and can be a good finisher.

The worry is his size, it hindered him at newcastle, where the long ball football they played did no suit. Put him in a footballing side like Utd and he will flourish with patience.

Should be ahead of Ole next season.

Unread 17-06-2007, 09:36 PM
utd82

The smug @#%&! on SSN kept referring to him as 'former Man Utd player'. Obviously he knows something we don't. It'd be a joke if sentimentality got in the way and Ole started the new season ahead of Rossi.

Unread 17-06-2007, 09:37 PM
Rhodzy

I don't think Sir Alex is that stupid to let a boy of this talent leave the club, he clearly wants to play here and he has the quality, hes size is worrying but look how Ronnie bulked up.
I wouldn't be against him going on loan in the premiership next season

Unread 17-06-2007, 09:38 PM
celtbion

Jesus Lads, we could have done with him during the run-in. Has to come back.

Unread 17-06-2007, 09:42 PM
Tiberian

He could also easily play the position Giggs later in the season, dropping off the main striker. His ability to find space, and use of the ball is ideally suited too that role. Might not have the pace that has Giggs over distance, but is very quick over short sprints.

Unread 17-06-2007, 10:05 PM
Luffy

I'm not worried about his physique,he showed in the carling andin his brief spell in the first team that he doesn't lookout of place amongst his peers, he can hold his own.

The main worry is the huge expectation put on any Utd player but most of all young strikers. They are expected to be banging them in regularly and if he is getting 20 minutes every other game or so it starts to affect his confidence in front of goal, then the fans and press start banging on about it and what was initially an easy goal becomes incredible hard.

This applies to all squad strikers I suppose, none of our squad strikers tends to have succesful goal scoring stints as they simply dont get enough playing time. Ole aside.

You either have 2 starters and 2 number fillers or you have 4 rotating and I cant see Fergie rotating Rooney.

Unread 17-06-2007, 10:15 PM
celtbion

I dunno, I just can't see this lad being let go. He's class.

Didn't Fergie once say Zola was the player he regretted not getting to Old Trafford?

We'll find a place for him. Sure, I reckon he could play anywhere in that front four.

A rotating, fresh selection of Rooney, Rossi, Nani, Ronaldo, Anderson, Giggs every week? £#%&!ing class.

Unread 17-06-2007, 10:28 PM
Rhodzy

[YOUTUBE]vXDTXwlb3S8[/YOUTUBE]

Unread 18-06-2007, 01:03 AM
wonky no

said this before but if he plays upfront with rooney ,rooney will get 30 goals.

Unread 18-06-2007, 07:24 AM
magic_cantona

Great goal was that.

There's at least 6 players that should be sold before Rossi.

Not that he should be sold, but you know what I mean.

Unread 18-06-2007, 07:26 AM
koppas

I have to admit - that was some finish.

Unread 18-06-2007, 07:34 AM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!
said this before but if he plays upfront with rooney ,rooney will get 30 goals.
Very good shout.

Could be an argument for Rooney and Rossi with Anderson, Ronaldo, Nani and Giggs in competition for the wider berths.

Rossi did seem to have the knack of bringing goals out of whoever he was with underage, Ebanks-Blake then Campbell.

Mind, Campbell has gone on to continue his scoring rate at Antwerp whereas Ebanks-Blake hasn't really, albeit it at a higher level.

Unread 18-06-2007, 07:35 AM
koppas

With all due respect, I could do well at Royal Antwerp.

Unread 18-06-2007, 07:36 AM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
With all due respect, I could do well at Royal Antwerp.
Ya, but look at it the other way around, if a player doesn't do well there, you'd have to wonder.

This means you Darron Gibson.

Unread 18-06-2007, 07:36 AM
koppas

John O Shea.

Unread 18-06-2007, 07:57 AM
antonin jablonsky

As I've said many times before I just don't believe Fergie is stupid which is what you'd have to be to sell a player this young and talented when he's in the process of building a new, young team.

Unread 18-06-2007, 08:10 AM
utd for ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion
Ya, but look at it the other way around, if a player doesn't do well there, you'd have to wonder.

This means you Darron Gibson.
Gibson was excellent for antwerp for the last couple of months,i still think the lad has a chance to make it,the lad has everything

Another player that i like sam hewson,very similar style to gerrard

Unread 18-06-2007, 08:12 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd for ever
Gibson was excellent for antwerp for the last couple of months,i still think the lad has a chance to make it,the lad has everything

Another player that i like sam hewson,very similar style to gerrard

I'm hoping Gibson might go to Sunderland for a year this season, think it'd do him a lot of good. Far too talented and good physically to be written off.
Closed Thread