United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-02-2015, 02:28 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Isn't it pretty well established that he doesn't enjoy much power when it comes to transfer decisions? He has a say, but he has to compromise a lot. Clearly he didn't want Mignolet, while by all accounts he'd rubbished the Balotelli rumour a month before he arrived. Some of his summer buys are improving, but that's an area he can get more help. Outside that, I think he's got qualities.

I think they could be a threat next year, but my hope is that his excruciating personality stops him having real success.
Despite the cringeworthy public demeanour and some pretty questionable transfer dealings, he's not a complete football ignoramus, however he does have a fatal weakness of wanting to be a crowdpleaser that will hopefully be his undoing.

Unread 13-02-2015, 02:41 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
He claims its all down to him, he has final say etc. But he was against Sturridge

You're right about his personality. Just not got what it takes to be a top top manager.
I remember after De Gea was MOTM against them, he made this big point of praising De Gea's all-round game, play with his feet etc.

Felt like a dig at the board for giving him Mignolet. I remember when he was signing, I think Grimmers said Rodgers wouldn't like him.

Unread 13-02-2015, 02:43 PM
HotChip

Quote:
I remember after De Gea was MOTM against them, he made this big point of praising De Gea's all-round game, play with his feet etc.

Felt like a dig at the board for giving him Mignolet. I remember when he was signing, I think Grimmers said Rodgers wouldn't like him.
I think, well I know that was just to emphasis how on top of us they were.

Unread 13-02-2015, 02:45 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChip
I think, well I know that was just to emphasis how on top of us they were.
No that's my point, he almost took the focus of the saves and talked about his distribution, control etc.

Unread 13-02-2015, 02:48 PM
andyroo

Quote:
No that's my point, he almost took the focus of the saves and talked about his distribution, control etc.
only Rodgers would try to spin the opposition's goalkeeper out-footballing them to his advantage.

Unread 13-02-2015, 02:52 PM
Switching Off

His first words to Geoff Shreeves were "I thought we were the better team today"

3-0

Unread 13-02-2015, 04:46 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Won't be happy if Pjanic goes there. He's far too good for that shithole.
They've got £100m to find over the next few years to pay for the ground expansion. No Champions League would £#%&! them over, especially as Ayres has promised no ticket price rises to pay for the improvements.

Unread 13-02-2015, 04:54 PM
Jack Duckworth

i reckon this @#%&! at chelsea (not jose) will end up being the next rodgers.

same personality traits as the human slug from what i've seen of him so far.

Unread 18-02-2015, 02:29 PM
ZiggyStardust

Been said many times before but he's a weird £#%&!ing bastard

Unread 18-02-2015, 02:34 PM
Switching Off

Sick £#%&!.

Unread 18-02-2015, 02:53 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

He's hardly any taller than a £#%&!ing 80 something year old granny ffs

Unread 18-02-2015, 08:31 PM
Switching Off

Definitely need Shiek Mazoor Mahmood to do some digging on this @#%&!

Unread 19-02-2015, 02:01 PM
utd99

Letter on F365 responding to Rodgers quote that if Liverpool were still in the Champions league they would have a chance of winning it.

Quote:
"I want to write in support of Brendan Rodgers, who has claimed his Liverpool side could win the Champions League, were it not for their unfortunate elimination from the competition.

As a lifelong St Mirren fan, I suffer in a similar way. Particularly this season, when I feel we could be title contenders. We are actually fighting relegation this year, we have only scored one goal at home every other game, and have yet to win this season at St Mirren Park, setting a new club record in the process. Our away form is better, but barely, and we have yet to keep a clean sheet at all as well. We have just sold our best player to Aberdeen for a relative pittance, and the only player in our squad capable of scoring goals is 36 and, now, sadly, permanently crocked.

I tell you what, though, if it wasn't for all that, we'd be right up there."

Unread 19-02-2015, 02:14 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

Norn Irish catlik bowing before the great oppressor

What a £#%&!ing £#%&!er

Unread 19-02-2015, 02:16 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Norn Irish catlik bowing before the great oppressor

What a £#%&!ing w****r

move on man

oppressor

Unread 19-02-2015, 02:18 PM
utd99

Don't listen to him Comrade.

Unread 19-02-2015, 02:20 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man

move on man

oppressor
Ok pal

Yhpm

Unread 19-02-2015, 02:25 PM
Pop

Dunno what way I was looking at it but I though the bloke to the right of Brenton was shaking hands with that old witch whilst Rodgers was stood there like a vegetative zombie with parkinsons drooling onto his shoe.

Unread 19-02-2015, 03:00 PM
HERTS_RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Dunno what way I was looking at it but I though the bloke to the right of Brenton was shaking hands with that old witch whilst Rodgers was stood there like a vegetative zombie with parkinsons drooling onto his shoe.

thats what I thought, also reminds me of ruprecht with that stupid suit

Unread 19-02-2015, 03:03 PM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Yes, both of his arms look weirdly stunted as well.
Closed Thread