United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-05-2013, 09:27 PM
djsst

Quote:
Exchanging Rene Meulentsteen for Phil Neville as a coach is like exchanging a classic Aston Martin for a Skoda.
Quote:
This guy is good in FM. May be he should be signed by Liverpool, will bring tons of experience.
Quote:
Oh Moyesy you truly are the gift that keeps on giving.
Quote:
There's a generation of United fans about to find out what it's like to be a normal football club.
Quote:
Get him snapped up.
Quote:
Stupid decision by Moyes to let him go. Meulensteen is one of the best skills trainers in the world, and was a huge factor in their academy's decision to switch to the Dutch 4v4 model for training. If he's gone, I can see that going too. Which is great for everyone else, and quite amusing too, but in football terms, United fans should be expecting some pain in the near future.

Andy @ Allerton

Quote:
Won't make a blind bit of difference. You'd have to be mad to think it would.

Manchester United haven't been a football club for a long, long time. A manager coming in to that corporation is more like a new man taking over a Tesco or a president of an electronics firm. Ferguson will still have the power and the ear of the board and of his cronies in English football and the media.

Their juggernaught of a company has only a tenuous link to football - it's all about business. They long since stopped being 'just a sports franchise'.

I fully expect (after the laughter has subsided) to see them roll onto leagues every year/every other year and for business to go on as usual. Because that's what it is - a business. Ferguson was nothing special and Moyes will prove that with continued success brought to that business.
Quote:
They will succeed. The bias they receive from the media and within football in the UK won't be changing any time soon. They'll get the 'rub of the green' as usual when things go against them and that will (as usual) more than make up for any #@&%!ups that might be made by any incoming personnel. They are a juggernaught. There is absolutely no reason to suspect that they won't just rumble on over everything as usual.

If it were actually about football then maybe. But it isn't.

Unread 28-05-2013, 09:29 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
This guy is good in FM. May be he should be signed by Liverpool, will bring tons of experience.
That has to be a wum ffs

Unread 28-05-2013, 09:30 PM
otbarney

I wish we were a real football club like Liverpool.

Unread 28-05-2013, 09:34 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsst
Andy @ Allerton
Brilliant! If you don't like who is winning a lot in football, just pretend it isnt football!

Unread 28-05-2013, 11:05 PM
Mr Kaboom

https://twitter.com/LiverpoolUnion

Any other team and you'd dismiss this as a ridiculous piss taking parody, but it's so close to the border it barely counts.

Unread 28-05-2013, 11:32 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kaboom
https://twitter.com/LiverpoolUnion

Any other team and you'd dismiss this as a ridiculous piss taking parody, but it's so close to the border it barely counts.

Quote:
Liverpool Union ‏@LiverpoolUnion 25 May
It's weird that a team we're better than can win the Champions league and we're not even in it #MindBoggles

Unread 28-05-2013, 11:33 PM
Jethro

Kolo Toure and Yaya Toure, we could have the best defence and midfield in the league next season, possible Europe! #LFC #TitleNumber19

Unread 29-05-2013, 12:39 AM
ScarFace

It's a wum. Look at the pics.

"no other team has a trophy cabinet as good as this #LFC"

Its a picture of ours.

Unread 29-05-2013, 06:11 AM
rafabio

Quote:
I hope when we play City we can synchronise the Kolo/Yaya song with them, we sing the Kolo bit, they sing the Yaya bit obviously, you know it makes sense.

Unread 29-05-2013, 06:28 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
you're laughing but you can bet your last dollar that this will happen. I'm not saying the whole stadium will pull it off but I can almost see the youtube vid

Unread 29-05-2013, 08:02 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
you're laughing but you can bet your last dollar that this will happen. I'm not saying the whole stadium will pull it off but I can almost see the youtube vid
Tyler: "Two brilliant sets of fans showing great respect for each other here, as you would expect from these two special clubs"

Unread 29-05-2013, 08:03 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Tyler: "Two brilliant sets of fans showing great respect for each other here, as you would expect from these two special clubs"
no mention of massive, class & dignity?

Unread 29-05-2013, 10:06 AM
andyroo

I hope they do do it...

Unread 29-05-2013, 10:11 AM
saffers

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/t...liverpool-and-

Meltdown in 3...2...1

Unread 29-05-2013, 10:26 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Quote:
El Liverpool se está preparando para la marcha de Luis Suárez. Lo han intentado todo, dicen, y el jugador parece decidido a dar un salto geográfico y deportivo: quiere ganar ligas y competir en Europa al más alto nivel (el Liverpool ha acabado séptimo). Suárez se siente muy cómodo en el club, que le ha tratado como la gran estrella y le ha respaldado en los momentos más conflictivos, pero la vida en Inglaterra no es la ideal para su familia. Les está costando dominar el idioma y pasan muchas horas en su residencia: Liverpool no da muchas oportunidades para el recreo si eres futbolista.
"Liverpool FC is bracing itself for the exit of Luis Suárez. They have tried everything, they say, but the player seems determined to take a geographical and sporting leap: he wants to win titles and play in Europe at the highest level (Liverpool have just finished seventh). Suárez feels very comfortable at the club, who have treated him like their biggest star and backed him in his most controversial moments, but the lifestyle in England is not ideal for his family. They are struggling with English and spend most of their time locked up at home: there is not much to do in Liverpool if you're a footballer."

Ouch!

Unread 29-05-2013, 10:32 AM
believe

out of all that, the fact his family don't like Liverpool will hit them hardest.

HERTS_RED

https://www.evertonarentwe.com/TYRRELL.pdf

Redandwhitekop most rabid of pro benitez websites

neworder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
The voice inside my head when reading that was that of Martin Tyler so well done switchers, good effort

Unread 29-05-2013, 10:35 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERTS_RED
https://www.evertonarentwe.com/TYRRELL.pdf

Redandwhitekop most rabid of pro benitez websites
nafcirat

Unread 29-05-2013, 10:35 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
out of all that, the fact his family don't like Liverpool will hit them hardest.
and it should be the "he wants to win titles" bit...
Closed Thread