United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-12-2021, 04:12 PM
Sloppy

Default Football to continue for now.

CONFIRMED: The Premier League WILL continue for now. Clubs told of way forward:

13 outfield players + keeper is enough to avoid postponement. Should figure be less, U21s who have first team experience HAVE to step in. Chief medic may also inquire over injured players.

(Mike Keegan - Daily Mail)

Unread 20-12-2021, 04:41 PM
waynes ear's

LOL @ the money greedy #@&%!s and clubs who couldnt give a flying £#%&! about player welfare. Fans dont matter obviously and they'll close stadiums before football stops. Bin

Unread 20-12-2021, 04:43 PM
Lok

Yaaay

Unread 20-12-2021, 04:45 PM
est.1878

Should start fielding womens team also

Unread 20-12-2021, 04:51 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
LOL @ the money greedy #@&%!s and clubs who couldnt give a flying £#%&! about player welfare. Fans dont matter obviously and they'll close stadiums before football stops. Bin

Unread 20-12-2021, 04:59 PM
Vedder

Good. Tell the soft @#%&!s to use their u23s

Unread 20-12-2021, 05:42 PM
Chris Quayd

I'm no fan of vax mandates but I'd make an exception for the ponces that kick a ball about at Carrington. It's bad enough being stuck with your wife and kid at this time of year yet these soft @#%&!s are trying to get matches cancelled? Vax them up, make them play over the festive period then bin them all.

Unread 20-12-2021, 06:28 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Thumbs down

I just know I'll get to Newcastle on the 27th and the second I step off the train the match will be called off. f***ing guaranteed.

Unread 20-12-2021, 06:39 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
I just know I'll get to Newcastle on the 27th and the second I step off the train the match will be called off. £#%&!ing guaranteed.
Step off the train after the game?

Unread 20-12-2021, 06:40 PM
wiganste

yep - just in time to have the payment taken out for the hotel too because it's too late to cancel

And i £#%&!ing know I wont get chubbed for Villa and £90 will come out of my account on Wednesday

Unread 20-12-2021, 06:41 PM
DuanePipe

13 fit players + keeper seems absolutely fair.

Chelsea throwing a full on paddy yesterday. They only had Saul, Kovacic and Barkley (about £80m worth) to come off the bench to relieve Kante, Ziyech, Mount, Pulisic etc. Maybe loaning out 823 players all over the world could also have left them short. They're not going to lose the league to City because Ruben Loftus-Cheek couldn't play against Wolves.

Meanwhile, Wolves had someone called Hugo Bueno on the bench who I've never heard of and may in fact be one of those gross Spanish nougat bars covered in nuts.

Clubs need to STFU and get on with it.

Unread 20-12-2021, 06:53 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe

Chelsea throwing a full on paddy yesterday. They only had Saul, Kovacic and Barkley (about £80m worth) to come off the bench to relieve Kante, Ziyech, Mount, Pulisic etc. Maybe loaning out 823 players all over the world could also have left them short. They're not going to lose the league to City because Ruben Loftus-Cheek couldn't play against Wolves.

Meanwhile, Wolves had someone called Hugo Bueno on the bench who I've never heard of and may in fact be one of those gross Spanish nougat bars covered in nuts.

It might also be an idea for these @#%&! clubs who are moaning to direct their complaints to the players who aren't getting vaccinated. It might not have a huge effect on matches getting cancelled but you just know managers will be moaning into 2022 about players still feeling the effects, if only there was something freely available to mitigate the worst symptoms

Unread 20-12-2021, 07:03 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Step off the train after the game?
U wot m8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
yep - just in time to have the payment taken out for the hotel too because it's too late to cancel

And i f***ing know I wont get chubbed for Villa and £90 will come out of my account on Wednesday
Nailed on.

Unread 20-12-2021, 10:34 PM
Stickman

City are gonna cruuuise it with their depth.

Unread 21-12-2021, 12:50 AM
roy acorn

It's not that long ago that teams had one substitute, and successful teams played 65 or so games a season. They really need to stop whining and do what they're paid for ffs.

Unread 21-12-2021, 12:51 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy acorn
It's not that long ago that teams had one substitute, and successful teams played 65 or so games a season. They really need to stop whining and do what they're paid for ffs.

Unread 21-12-2021, 07:24 AM
Bunker Buster

Actually not missing it at all ?

This is a worry ...

Unread 21-12-2021, 07:35 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe

Nah. 13ft players and a 5ft keeper

Unread 23-12-2021, 01:17 PM
Sloppy

Liverpool v Leeds and Wolves v Watford postponed because of coronavirus.

Unread 23-12-2021, 07:23 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Liverpool v Leeds and Wolves v Watford postponed because of coronavirus.
"Amid the rise in cases, Liverpool and England midfielder Jordan Henderson told BBC Sport he was "concerned" that "nobody really takes player welfare seriously"."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59770658

Perhaps the first target for your ire should be your fellow professionals who have refused to get vaccinated.
Closed Thread