Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-09-2020, 05:30 PM
plopborsky

Altrincham

Unread 24-09-2020, 07:08 PM
red in cumbria

Barrow, of course.

Apart from that, had a soft spot for Wrexham for some reason I genuinely can't remember - so found today's news amusing.

Unread 24-09-2020, 07:57 PM
Motown Manc

I keep my eye on 2 other football clubs, nothing like United but I have soft spots for..

C.S. Maritimo (Portugal) - My mum and all that side of the family are from Madeira, all crazy Maritimo fans. Seen them a few times whilst on holidays visiting the fam.
St Mirren - I lived on Love Street, Paisley for a couple of years in my early 20's (work), not unlike the protagonist in The Door song,' Love Street'. I didn't have a garden though.

Unread 24-09-2020, 08:49 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
And Mac from Always Sunny

Edit-

Just realised you posted the link on the twitter thread.... doh

Unread 27-09-2020, 04:25 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
don't have a second team, but keep an eye on results for;

hibs - 2 mates support them and I like to take the piss
Blackburn - mates grandson has just joined them
Losing to the other fenians

Unread 27-09-2020, 04:39 PM
otbarney

Haven't got one

Unread 27-09-2020, 04:45 PM
Fat Al

Before the virus killed football, I was enjoying watching Union Berlin. Seems like a good club.

Unread 27-09-2020, 07:56 PM
originalhogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
Altrincham
Good man

Unread 27-09-2020, 08:50 PM
Cream

Would bloody love one.

Unread 27-09-2020, 09:03 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Would bloody love one.
Is there not a local team you can go and watch and go on the piss with near you?

Unread 27-09-2020, 09:10 PM
Pancho77

Preston for my Dad who played for them back in the day he recently passed away so I am rooting for them

Unread 27-09-2020, 09:16 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Is there not a local team you can go and watch and go on the piss with near you?
I doubt there’s any crowds allowed.

I would imagine there’s a sectarian hangover. Might feel ok watching some camogie, but it’s a girl’s game. What if they all fall in love with me!

Unread 27-09-2020, 09:31 PM
dunk

Quote:

I would imagine there’s a sectarian hangover. Might feel ok watching some camogie, but it’s a girl’s game. What if they all fall in love with me!
Bonus?

Unread 27-09-2020, 11:04 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

I would imagine there’s a sectarian hangover
And tbh I think you "imagine" this quite correctly.

Unread 28-09-2020, 09:00 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
£#%&!ing hell ryan reynolds buying em and youve got a season ticket
Hey pal, I was in the dressing room stealing kits and celebrating after the Arsenal game. Proper OG me.

I've already had a word about getting in with Deaders when he arrives 😎 Just hoping they reopen the local Spoons by then or we're £#%&!ed for some class food.

Unread 28-09-2020, 02:35 PM
rubbernecker

Used to share a season ticket with my mate at Tenerife's ground in the early 90s during the glory years

Was worth the price of admission just to watch the young prince Redondo before they sold him to the fascists
It was there that I caught a couple of historical matches . 1992 last match of the season and Real only needed a win to secure the title.2-0 up and crusing but the Reef turned it round and beat them 3-2 handing the title to Barcelona . Rinse and repeat the following year once again handing the title to Barca .Good for a day's drinking and eating in Santa Cruz

Last few years have been to a few matches and aways with Huahin City . More a meeting point for a sesh and only about 80 pence in.Free coach to aways for a day out .Absolutely dire but funny to see the footballers copying celebrations from Europe .

Good to see the odd dog running on the pitch and once play was stopped because of a Cobra in the stands near the pitch. Also has a cheerleading squad called the Hormones .

Hapless and relaxed for a few hours drinking in the posh seats

Unread 28-09-2020, 04:15 PM
jem

valletta (fka united), I suppose. I should really support floriana, though (their local rivals). I'm conflicted, but valletta's kit is nicer.

Unread 28-09-2020, 11:21 PM
Weekend Hussler

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
Altrincham
Thought you were Indy Eleven pal?

Unread 29-09-2020, 02:08 AM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Hussler
Thought you were Indy Eleven pal?
That’s my 3rd pal

Unread 29-09-2020, 02:55 AM
tatty

Watched Bury a lot as a kid.

Malmo because of their gorgeous kit in the ECF.
Closed Thread