United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-05-2018, 12:56 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Apparently they can only afford a certain amount, so we're in the clear on that front.

Savic, Fred and this chump are the three midfielders that get mentioned. You can't sign them all and we have one done already.

Disaster.
Think we need two, but we will only get one out of that lot. Most likely Fred.

Barella at Cagliari is a talent, we should be looking at someone like him as a second option.

Unread 25-05-2018, 03:53 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
I think we have to be realistic and assume we'll only attract players they don't want. There are 0 players in world football at the moment who'd rather play for Jose than Pep. And as much as I wish it were different, you can hardly blame them can you?
Utter bullshit.

Unread 25-05-2018, 04:52 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Utter bullshit.
The idea nobody decent wants to sign for us, even now, is a hell of a stretch.

Unread 25-05-2018, 06:06 PM
Curtis

I didn’t say ‘no one decent would sign for us’ did I? In fact I said nothing of the sort. I asserted that the current crop of top players would rather play for Pep than for Jose. And, that given the choice, a top target would choose them over us. Based on that alone.

That says nothing of a second choice target or a variety of top players that our clubs are going head to head for. There is of course the chance a player would rather play for our club than theirs regardless of the managers, it’s just unlikely given the two currently employed and the styles of football they both play.

I don’t think for one second city is a more attractive club than ours in any way. I’m only speaking about the situation we find ourselves in right now. This summer.

Unread 25-05-2018, 06:09 PM
Coracao

Don't think we are in for the same players this summer anyway. The last player both sides wanted signed for us in January.

Unread 25-05-2018, 07:06 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
I didn’t say ‘no one decent would sign for us’ did I? In fact I said nothing of the sort. I asserted that the current crop of top players would rather play for Pep than for Jose
Well even then it is stretching it to assert that they ALL think like that........

Unread 25-05-2018, 08:23 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
I didn’t say ‘no one decent would sign for us’ did I? In fact I said nothing of the sort. I asserted that the current crop of top players would rather play for Pep than for Jose. And, that given the choice, a top target would choose them over us. Based on that alone.

That says nothing of a second choice target or a variety of top players that our clubs are going head to head for. There is of course the chance a player would rather play for our club than theirs regardless of the managers, it’s just unlikely given the two currently employed and the styles of football they both play.

I don’t think for one second city is a more attractive club than ours in any way. I’m only speaking about the situation we find ourselves in right now. This summer.
And it’s utter bullshit.

Unread 26-05-2018, 12:15 AM
Curtis

Ok, I’ll get the crayons out...

This season’s hot footballing property has two options open to him. Club A and club B.

He has zero preference for either club.

Both pay the same.

Both offer European football and a probable title challenge.

One has a reputation for playing devastating possession-based attacking football. The other has a reputation for playing negative, boring football.

Which one go you think he’ll pick?

Now again, just to reiterate, I personally don’t think anyone in their right mind should go near that plastic human-rights abusing shitfest down the road, but I’m not a (for example) 23 year old Serbian kid with no sense of UK football history.

Also, on the Sanchez point. He did have a pre-existing affection for United.

Unread 26-05-2018, 12:18 AM
saffers

No serious player has ever picked city over united.

If we want him he'll join us, just like rvp, sanchez ,fred

Unread 26-05-2018, 12:56 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:

This season’s hot footballing property has two options open to him. Club A and club B.

Both pay the same.

One has a reputation for playing devastating possession-based attacking football. The other has a reputation for playing negative, boring football.

Real Madrid?

There’s no player in the world who has zero preference between united and city. All other things being equal, they go for the prestige. City are nothing other than money, and offering more money is the only chance they have, or there being some personal relationship reason.

Unread 26-05-2018, 01:44 AM
Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Real Madrid?

There’s no player in the world who has zero preference between united and city. All other things being equal, they go for the prestige. City are nothing other than money, and offering more money is the only chance they have, or there being some personal relationship reason.
I 100% agree. My point was about the current managers being the deciding factor for younger players who don't have an overriding feeling toward either club. Remove the managers from the equation and there would never be a doubt which way a player would go.

Right now they have a manager whose players adore him and who has a reputation (rightly or wrongly) for developing the established players he has.

Right now we have a manager whose players don't know where they stand with him and who has a reputation (rightly or wrongly) for irrational bullying and throwing his players under busses in public.

Like it or not, for someone who has no existing affection for our club, one of those is far less appealing than the other.

Unread 26-05-2018, 12:45 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Right now they have a manager whose players adore him
Says who?

Quote:
and who has a reputation (rightly or wrongly) for developing the established players he has.
Developing players? He’s sold around 18 and he’s not given any youth player a look in.

Quote:
Right now we have a manager whose players don't know where they stand with him and who has a reputation (rightly or wrongly) for irrational bullying and throwing his players under busses in public.

Like it or not, for someone who has no existing affection for our club, one of those is far less appealing than the other.
Ask zlatan. Someone who’s worked with both.

Unread 26-05-2018, 03:34 PM
Knockers

Quote:

Both pay the same.

Now again, just to reiterate, I personally don’t think anyone in their right mind should go near that plastic human-rights abusing shitfest down the road, but I’m not a (for example) 23 year old Serbian kid with no sense of UK football history.

Also, on the Sanchez point. He did have a pre-existing affection for United.
Ridic that you get grief on here for this statement of the sadly but blindingly obvious.

Our saving grace is that they don’t really need anyone at the minute.

Unread 30-05-2018, 03:13 PM
waynes ear's

off to City

Unread 30-05-2018, 03:20 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
off to City
No other @#%&! wants him.

Unread 30-05-2018, 03:24 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Ridic that you get grief on here for this statement of the sadly but blindingly obvious.

Our saving grace is that they don’t really need anyone at the minute.
Not so sure players give a hoot, unless there's been some real previous between them and a manager.

Look at Matic, desperate to play for United despite having watched the manager implode while at Chelsea.

DeBruyne said he doesn't particularly have a relationship with managers outside of being told what to do.

Money would be my main concern, followed by trophies, followed by how often I'd play, followed by who I'm playing with. Whatever gimp is in the hotseat wouldn't bother me either way, probably outlast the £#%&!er anyway.

Unread 30-05-2018, 03:30 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
off to City
Looks a class act.

Unread 31-05-2018, 02:20 PM
Part 36 Offer

Joining city in next few days for 40 odd million; 10-15m less than we are paying for the inferior Fred ffs

Unread 31-05-2018, 02:35 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Joining city in next few days for 40 odd million; 10-15m less than we are paying for the inferior Fred ffs
They're one in the same ffs. Jorginho has a WHOPPING 2 goals and 4 assists the past season and Fred has a MIGHTY 2 goals and 2 assists.

Who gives a £#%&! over 10 million or so? You'd argue the sky isn't blue

Unread 31-05-2018, 02:38 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
They're one in the same ffs. Jorginho has a WHOPPING 2 goals and 4 assists the past season and Fred has a MIGHTY 2 goals and 2 assists.

Who gives a £#%&! over 10 million or so? You'd argue the sky isn't blue
Completely different players mate. Jorginho looks like a forward thinking, deep lying playmaker. Fred is a like a busy waste of space midget.
Closed Thread