Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-02-2018, 01:44 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
So basically we're letting him down because he got better service at Everton

£#%&! me
I'd rather not £#%&! you but if you're asking for a verbal £#%&!ing, let's go in dry.

Everton provided Lukaku with service that Lukaku could use. We've got Martial, Rashford and Lingard trying to outdo each other and score the best solo goal. Ruud would have struggled to score goals in this side with the wingers we've got (none of whom are actually wingers).

Unread 02-02-2018, 01:47 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Everton provided Lukaku with service that Lukaku could use. We've got Martial, Rashford and Lingard trying to outdo each other and score the best solo goal. Ruud would have struggled to score goals in this side with the wingers we've got (none of whom are actually wingers).
Hmm. Except Ruud didn't continually play passes behind the player's run, face the wrong way, run too soon or too early, and have the ball control of a Dalek.

Unread 02-02-2018, 01:49 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
So basically we're letting him down because he got better service at Everton

£#%&! me
Jaysus

Unread 02-02-2018, 02:06 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Hmm. Except Ruud didn't continually play passes behind the player's run, face the wrong way, run too soon or too early, and have the ball control of a Dalek.

Unread 02-02-2018, 02:15 PM
dunk

Quote:

Unread 02-02-2018, 02:21 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
But did have Beckham, Giggs, Scholes and Ronaldo supplying him and Rooney/Saha as a supporting striker.

Unread 02-02-2018, 03:00 PM
Ethers

Quote:
But did have Beckham, Giggs, Scholes and Ronaldo supplying him and Rooney/Saha as a supporting striker.
He also regularly made goals for himself out of £#%&! all.

Unread 02-02-2018, 03:29 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Monkey
This should help steady the ship, Bailly anyway.

I thought Zlat was on his way to MLS?

Unread 02-02-2018, 04:35 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
He also regularly made goals for himself out of £#%&! all.
Once, against Fulham. £#%&!ing awesome goal.

Lukaku's a capable striker, but I don't think he suits our style. He's not the Drogba type that I think Jose was hoping he'd turn out to be.

Unread 02-02-2018, 05:23 PM
Wellinever

Defenders seem to have found Lukaku's weaknesses, balls played to him where either he has to come short for possession or hold up and play off, they've having him on toast!
For a big lad he's not that aggressive in the air going up for long goal kicks, but can put his head on decent balls in from wide, as recently demonstrated
His right to left running, in from channel or wide right is much better than his running from similar positions on the left.
We need to play balls down his right-side (in the channels) for him to take as he goes or over the top or ahead so he can run on them and straight crosses in front of goal

Unread 02-02-2018, 06:09 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Once, against Fulham. £#%&!ing awesome goal.

Lukaku's a capable striker, but I don't think he suits our style. He's not the Drogba type that I think Jose was hoping he'd turn out to be.
Once

I’m not talking about wonder goals you pillock. Ruud used to score in situations that didn’t even look a threat

Unread 02-02-2018, 06:12 PM
dunk

Quote:
Once

I’m not talking about wonder goals you pillock. Ruud used to score in situations that didn’t even look a threat
Got more than 1 wonder goal too...

Unread 02-02-2018, 06:21 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Once

Comparing most Strikers to Ruud is harsh imo

Guy was an absolute machine..
Imagine what he would have done in team that wasn't rebuilding...

Unread 02-02-2018, 06:22 PM
suedeshoes

Does Lukaku ever get injured? Miss many games for Everton? I'm looking for a way out here.

Unread 02-02-2018, 07:28 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Does Lukaku ever get injured? Miss many games for Everton? I'm looking for a way out here.
Need to just drop the useless @#%&!.

Actually embarrassing watching him and Kane on the same pitch.

He manages to hold the ball up and play off a decent pass once every 5 games.

His movement around the box is dire and his finishing is even worse.

Can mourinho not just bite the bullet and play martial upfront with Sanchez on the left.

I'd say that's the biggest thing about mourinho I'm not a fan of is the way he sticks by alot of players who don't give an output because of their perceived effort.

Yes Fergie had Giggs and Beckham running up and down that wing like mad men but they actually had output with goals and assists.

Lukaku is dreadful. Amount of attacks that breakdown because he seems to have rugby ball shaped feet that means playing a one two with the useless £#%&! and wondering where the ball will end up is like guessing where a higgs boson particle will show up in the universe.

Other than that he's not too bad.

Unread 02-02-2018, 07:42 PM
My Name is Keith

Don’t think mou is necessarily doing the wrong think by lukaku now but I do think he’s done the wrong thing by buying the clumsy oaf in the 1st place Regardless, the lad’s clearly better than he’s currently showing and if mou was to drop him now then the whole thing could break down very quickly.

I know there are very few similarities between Cole and lukaku but AC had a poor 1st season but he wasn’t hung out to dry by Fergie. I think mou’s approach isn’t wrong - just wish we weren’t taking baby steps with such a giant shit of a player.

Unread 02-02-2018, 07:49 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Don’t think mou is necessarily doing the wrong think by lukaku now but I do think he’s done the wrong thing by buying the clumsy oaf in the 1st place Regardless, the lad’s clearly better than he’s currently showing and if mou was to drop him now then the whole thing could break down very quickly.

I know there are very few similarities between Cole and lukaku but AC had a poor 1st season but he wasn’t hung out to dry by Fergie. I think mou’s approach isn’t wrong - just wish we weren’t taking baby steps with such a giant shit of a player.
He scored 5 goals in one match...

Unread 02-02-2018, 07:50 PM
Bunker Buster

We’ve invested too much.....

Unread 02-02-2018, 08:00 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
He scored 5 goals in one match...
Don’t have the stats because well you know, stats! but remember him missing loads of chances and the crowd being on top of him more than a few times. Confidence was low. Obviously turned it around but he wasn’t an instant success at united. To be fair, he didn’t think he was either.

Unread 02-02-2018, 08:19 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Don’t have the stats because well you know, stats! but remember him missing loads of chances and the crowd being on top of him more than a few times. Confidence was low. Obviously turned it around but he wasn’t an instant success at united. To be fair, he didn’t think he was either.
Actually, it was his "second" (ie first complete) season at United where he really struggled at times. By the spring of '96 there was talk of this "flop" leaving the club

Scoring on the final day at Boro to help clinch the title probably didn't do him any harm
Closed Thread