TheFatGoth

Football Van Persie to retire in the summer

Was great for us for 6 months or so. Hated Moyes

Unread 25-10-2018, 04:44 PM
Red Al

Would have him starting the next match over that big useless lump of shit

Unread 25-10-2018, 05:03 PM
utd99

So odd how he fell off a cliff. Ah well, cheers for the title gooner scum...

Unread 25-10-2018, 05:06 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
So odd how he fell off a cliff. Ah well, cheers for the title gooner scum...
Just standard Dutch sulking, didn't like he that he was aging and refused to adapt his game like others do When they hit their 30s. Was legimitately world class so if he had a bit more about him he could have lengthened his career. But £#%&! it he got his premier league medal (which he deserved) and probably thought what's the point once moyes came along.

Unread 25-10-2018, 05:18 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
But £#%&! it he got his premier league medal (which he deserved) and probably thought what's the point once moyes came along.
Yep, and can't really blame him. A bit of a @#%&! (never liked him at Arsenal) but showed his class for us when it mattered.

Unread 25-10-2018, 06:13 PM
MagnificentSeven

feels like a lifetime ago that we were scoring goals like that that were pivotal in the title race.

wanted him to come back to united, for one last season before he retired. it's too bad how quickly he declined because in fergie's last season he was one of the top five players in the world.

Unread 25-10-2018, 07:13 PM
no fun

Great for us, and scorer of one of the best 3 goals I personally witnessed at OT

Unread 25-10-2018, 07:43 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

Absolute top-notch, genuine world class striker in his pomp. Loved him. That first season at United when he was scoring at will.

Shame he fluffed his lines in his biggest game against Real Madrid in the Champions League, but he was largely outstanding for us outside that.

Still remember the first few weeks and months of his first season for us and I was surprised at how good he was. He really showed Rooney’s limitations as our main striker, as RVP just took us up several levels.

Wished we’d signed him years before.

Unread 25-10-2018, 08:30 PM
My Name is Keith

Find it v difficult to watch YouTube vids of our past great, and in Rvp’s case briefly great, players and then return to reality and think about that utter sack of shit we have playing upfront for us now.

Watched van nistlerooy highlights a week or so ago - £#%&!ing hell we were so blessed. Really depressing stuff tbh. He was easily one of the best finishers I’ve ever seen. Behind him you had rvp, Rooney, cole, ole, sparky even choccy etc.

How on earth have we ended up with someone as shit as Lukaku.

Don’t answer, it’s a statement.

Unread 25-10-2018, 08:53 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Find it v difficult to watch YouTube vids of our past great, and in Rvp’s case briefly great, players and then return to reality and think about that utter sack of shit we have playing upfront for us now.

Watched van nistlerooy highlights a week or so ago - £#%&!ing hell we were so blessed. Really depressing stuff tbh. He was easily one of the best finishers I’ve ever seen. Behind him you had rvp, Rooney, cole, ole, sparky even choccy etc.

It's what Utd fans from the 60s generation would have said about the 70s Utd teams

Utd will come again NQAT and we will all look back and laugh about the last 6 years and the gimps etc.

Unread 25-10-2018, 09:26 PM
S/Side.Red

Loved having a striker of such supreme technical quality up front. Such a shame we couldn't have got him earlier, or he'd been a bit younger when the Big Man was in charge As Neo says he did fluff his lines against Madrid sadly, but it is funny that after eight seasons at Arsenal he came here and had his career defining season. The equaliser at West Ham from Giggsy pass another highlight

Touch

Unread 25-10-2018, 09:41 PM
Clownbones

Class act. Winner.

Love it when you get someone of fleeting brilliance who just comes in, owns it and £#%&!s off.

Liked the player. Liked the guy.

Unread 25-10-2018, 09:49 PM
Harri Jaffa

Could've bought van persie and aguero instead of berbatov and tevez

Unread 25-10-2018, 10:09 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Could've bought van persie and aguero instead of berbatov and tevez
we didn't buy tevez

Unread 25-10-2018, 10:36 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
we didn't buy tevez
Git

Unread 25-10-2018, 10:42 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Absolute top-notch, genuine world class striker in his pomp. Loved him. That first season at United when he was scoring at will.

Shame he fluffed his lines in his biggest game against Real Madrid in the Champions League, but he was largely outstanding for us outside that.

Still remember the first few weeks and months of his first season for us and I was surprised at how good he was. He really showed Rooney’s limitations as our main striker, as RVP just took us up several levels.

Wished we’d signed him years before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

This and this. Absolutely adored RVP. Still do. What a player.

I do the same every now and then MNIK Ruud is one of my favourite ever players. What a finisher; what a striker; what a man! Not sure why I do it to myself. I think I do it to remind myself that about 85% of my best memories on this planet have come from watching united - the present situation has temporarily masked that. i suppose that's the nature of football. The whole thing depresses the £#%&! out of me now.

Unread 25-10-2018, 10:57 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Loved having a striker of such supreme technical quality up front. Such a shame we couldn't have got him earlier, or he'd been a bit younger when the Big Man was in charge As Neo says he did fluff his lines against Madrid sadly, but it is funny that after eight seasons at Arsenal he came here and had his career defining season. The equaliser at West Ham from Giggsy pass another highlight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULpeokINynU

Touch
Those two touches, then bang! Imagine Lukaku attempting it, first touch would send it out for a goal kick.

Forgot about Buttner too, wonder what Fergie was saying to him? Stay over there lad, away from the £#%&!ing ball.

I watched some footage of Berbs at United recently. Not everyone's cup of tea but I loved him.

Unread 26-10-2018, 10:08 AM
Buck

Great player. Technically amazing, lovely balance and quick feet. I never appreciated how good he was in all those years until he came to United.

In terms of the United sides from the last decade I have a soft spot for Nani. I know he's not everyone's favorite with end product but he was absolutely fun to watch and that counts for a lot.

Unread 26-10-2018, 10:16 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
In terms of the United sides from the last decade I have a soft spot for Nani. I know he's not everyone's favorite with end product but he was absolutely fun to watch and that counts for a lot.
Oh for sure, but it's easy to forget while we're watching these £#%&!ing planks now how frustrating he could be.

Unread 26-10-2018, 10:39 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Those two touches, then bang! Imagine Lukaku attempting it, first touch would send it out for a goal kick.

Forgot about Buttner too, wonder what Fergie was saying to him? Stay over there lad, away from the £#%&!ing ball.

I watched some footage of Berbs at United recently. Not everyone's cup of tea but I loved him.

One of my favourite goals. If I recall correctly we had played fairly shit in the game, as was often the case that season, then Giggs comes on at nearly 40, by far the oldest player on the pitch but well aware that he was the most talented by a similar distance. Oh we need a goal? I'll just effortlessly clip a perfect 40-yard ball on the bounce right onto RvP's foot. Then the first touch to destroy the defender

Sheer nonsense ability from both.
Closed Thread