United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-03-2008, 05:01 PM
legendary saf

Default Inside The Dressing Room - With Rio Ferdinand

England's latest skipper, Rio Ferdinand, says he's one of United's more mature squad members. Somehow, though, you sense he's still in the thick of the dressing room banter...

Best trainer: Scholesy. He’s such a good passer, and his team always wins in training.

Worst trainer: I’d say Wes or Wazza. They must be saving themselves for the games.

Fittest squad member: Wayne or Ronaldo. They’re both explosive players that could run at the same pace in the last minute of a game as they could in the first.

Who tries the most outrageous skill? Obvious… Ronaldo. Nani tries to compete, but to no avail!

Most competitive and toughest tackler: Wayne, Vida and Scholesy. There are some big tackles that go in. Maybe they don’t like their team-mates.

Anyone play out of position?
No, the manager doesn’t let us. Back in the day I used to play up front in training. But that was stopped, I think I was too much of a threat to the forwards.

Joker in the dressing room:
The sly joker is Fletch. People don’t suspect him, but when something’s going on he is normally involved. Pique and Fletch are always at the centre of pranks with player’s clothes. Me? I don’t get involved. It’s not my game. I’m a very mature member of the squad now so I don’t get drawn into the young boys’ antics!

Most intelligent player:
Edwin van der Sar would like to think that he’s the most intelligent. I’d probably put myself up there [laughs]. But seeing as Edwin thinks he’s the most intelligent, let’s let him believe it.

Person you'd least like to have on your quiz team:
Got to be Ando (Anderson). Considering he joined the club at the same time as Nani, Ando’s English is shocking by comparison! Nani is holding television interviews in English and Anderson struggles to hold a conversation with the lads. He wouldn’t get us many answers.

Best dressed:
I’d say the person that puts the most effort in is Ronaldo. He doesn’t just wake up, go into his wardrobe and throw something on. He tries really hard. Every day his clothes are a planned event.

Worst dressed: Tomasz Kuszczak! I say that purely for the electric blue shirt he wore one night out once. It was shocking. It was one of the worst colours that I’ve ever seen. The thing is, he’d saved it just for that occasion as well.

Best dressing room music:
Mine. My iPod has by far the greatest variety of music; 80s pop, 80’s soul, R‘n’B, reggae, dance, old house music... there’s a mixture there. Unfortunately, some of the young European lads don’t appreciate old Hacienda house music. Patrice likes to get involved with selecting dressing room music. He tends to cater for the foreign lads a bit more with his Euro pop. To be fair to him he mixes it up with a bit of R‘n’B. But he doesn’t have the variety and depth of music knowledge that I have.

Unread 27-03-2008, 05:08 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf

Worst dressed: Tomasz Kuszczak! I say that purely for the electric blue shirt he wore one night out once. It was shocking. It was one of the worst colours that I’ve ever seen. The thing is, he’d saved it just for that occasion as well.

Unread 27-03-2008, 05:12 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Considering he joined the club at the same time as Nani, Ando’s English is shocking by comparison!
It is beyond the brainpower of a guy like Rio to understand that some people may arrive in the country already able to speak some English, while others are starting from scratch.

I wonder how quickly Rio would learn Portuguese.

Unread 27-03-2008, 05:12 PM
Harfynn Teuport

Quote:

Anyone play out of position?
No, the manager doesn’t let us.

I find that hard to believe

Unread 27-03-2008, 05:14 PM
Bunker Buster

Wes, wazza, Vida, Ando, and Fetch

What is it with football players and shit nicknames.............

Unread 27-03-2008, 05:15 PM
Ether

Quote:
Best dressing room music:[/b] Mine. My iPod has by far the greatest variety of music; 80s pop, 80’s soul, R‘n’B, reggae, dance, old house music... there’s a mixture there. Unfortunately, some of the young European lads don’t appreciate old Hacienda house music. Patrice likes to get involved with selecting dressing room music. He tends to cater for the foreign lads a bit more with his Euro pop. To be fair to him he mixes it up with a bit of R‘n’B. But he doesn’t have the variety and depth of music knowledge that I have.
Rio reminds me of Koppas.

Unread 27-03-2008, 05:16 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Rio reminds me of Koppas.

Unread 27-03-2008, 05:18 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
It is beyond the brainpower of a guy like Rio to understand that some people may arrive in the country already able to speak some English, while others are starting from scratch.

I wonder how quickly Rio would learn Portuguese.
I'm sure it was just a joke mate. Bloody hell some people don't half get defensive over our foreign laugh. It's quite clear Nani already knew some English, Anderson probably didn't, it's just a laugh the interview that's all.

Unread 27-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Ed Sullivan

So Patrice caters for the overseas players (Nani, Anderson, Tevez, Ronaldo) by sticking on Euro-pop?

Does he think South America is in Holland?

Unread 27-03-2008, 05:19 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I'm sure it was just a joke mate. Bloody hell some people don't half get defensive over our foreign laugh. It's quite clear Nani already knew some English, Anderson probably didn't, it's just a laugh the interview that's all.
But to be fair, Rio is probably thick as pig shite.

Unread 27-03-2008, 05:21 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
But to be fair, Rio is probably thick as pig shite.
nope.

you can tell rio is probably one of the most intelligent in our dressing room.

Unread 27-03-2008, 05:24 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
If you want, but Rio should understand that learning a new language in a foreign country can be a very intimidating experience for a lot of people and it really doesn't help to have people taking the piss and calling your grasp of the language "shocking" even if it's in a light-hearted way.

Probably explains why a lot of our latin player seem to take an eternity learning the language if this is the kind of support they get from teammates.

Unread 27-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
nope.

you can tell rio is probably one of the most intelligent in our dressing room.
I was joking but..

How exactly?

Unread 27-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Most intelligent player:[/b] Edwin van der Sar would like to think that he’s the most intelligent. I’d probably put myself up there [laughs]. .
Erm, yesterday Rio said 'Giggsy's taken on the mantlepiece'

Unread 27-03-2008, 05:34 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
If you want, but Rio should understand that learning a new language in a foreign country can be a very intimidating experience for a lot of people and it really doesn't help to have people taking the piss and calling your grasp of the language "shocking" even if it's in a light-hearted way.

Probably explains why a lot of our latin player seem to take an eternity learning the language if this is the kind of support they get from teammates.
ffs.

Unread 27-03-2008, 05:34 PM
S/Side.Red

I've seen three separate United players say Fletcher is the thickest player at the club.

When you're regarded as the least intelligent footballer at your club I think you've got problems

Unread 27-03-2008, 05:35 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:

why have you gone all leg saf on us mate?

Unread 27-03-2008, 05:35 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
ffs.
Give it a try and get back to me. You need encouragement.

Unread 27-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Give it a try and get back to me. You need encouragement.
give what a try? ridiculing anderson for his bad english?

Unread 27-03-2008, 05:45 PM
legendary saf

I wonder what he'll say when he hears Rodrigo...

Closed Thread