Closed Thread

Unread 23-05-2018, 03:17 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
League should be quaking tbh. What an absolute Napolese Moyes

Unread 23-05-2018, 03:18 PM
Sparky***

Unfollowing people on social media. ffs.

Don't you miss the days when French footballers used to kick yobs in the face and headbutt italians in world cup finals?

Unread 23-05-2018, 03:36 PM
dragflick

Quote:

Unread 23-05-2018, 03:40 PM
LFOD

Quote:
He's from Nepal? Or Napal?

Unread 23-05-2018, 04:26 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Doubtful.

He's left Napoli, Ancelotti's taken over there today.

I'm expecting him to go to Chelsea, between them & City playing expansive football next season I think I might go on a £#%&!ing sabbatical
£#%&!'s sake

And us stuck in the past with Defensosaurus.

Unread 23-05-2018, 04:27 PM
S/Side.Red

What could have been.

Be interesting to see what Saffers makes of this when he reappears given the OP etc.

Unread 23-05-2018, 04:38 PM
puressence

Soft pathetic @#%&! didn’t he do something similar after he lost the no9 shirt. Just £#%&! off

Unread 23-05-2018, 04:40 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Deleted his Insta posts and has apparently unfollowed all the United players

https://metro.co.uk/2018/05/23/antho...posts-7571701/
Cringe

Unread 23-05-2018, 08:13 PM
Ethers

Quote:
When did some United fans become so trophy obsessed?

The idea that you can’t have done a good job somewhere unless you’ve won a lot of trophies is absolutely ludicrous.

Unread 23-05-2018, 08:51 PM
LFOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
In a galaxy .................................................. ....

I think some fans get off on silverware. I look at it as entertainment - and we're not entertaining. Haven't been for a while.

So back to Martial - no one would care much that he didn't smile (does when he scores , which isn't often) , he just embodies the new world footballer. Branding is the new trophy. Hence why the #9 was such a big deal. Marketing.
Doesn't score enough - £#%&! him off.

Unread 23-05-2018, 09:11 PM
Cream

Quote:

The idea that you can’t have done a good job somewhere unless you’ve won a lot of trophies is absolutely ludicrous.

Unread 23-05-2018, 09:58 PM
armchair

i'd get rid of rashford before him tbh

Unread 23-05-2018, 10:12 PM
Buck

Quote:

Strange isn't it. You hear the great stories of how the 70s were following Utd and the Tommy Docherty Reds and that was despite only winning one major trophy, which happened to stop Liverpool doing the treble

Anyway fans don't lift the trophies. If satisfaction as a fan is only about trophies then you may as well follow football through livescore. The way you get there, and the performances and emotions watching it unfold clearly don't matter.

Unread 23-05-2018, 10:18 PM
andyroo

It's rubbish anyway. Because Sarri didn't win loads of trophies at Napoli while competing with Juventus steamrollering everyone and buying everyone's best players, not just theirs... doesn't make him Moyes ffs

Maybe he's some sort of Neapolitan Pochettino.

Any road it's disappointing if he does go to Chelsea... though of course that doesn't mean he won't end up at us some point anyway. When he's past his best.

Unread 24-05-2018, 01:09 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
When league titles became about racking up the numbers. Unless mourinho is manager, then it’s just about performance regardless of where we finish.

Unread 24-05-2018, 02:38 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Strange isn't it. You hear the great stories of how the 70s were following Utd and the Tommy Docherty Reds and that was despite only winning one major trophy, which happened to stop Liverpool doing the treble

Anyway fans don't lift the trophies. If satisfaction as a fan is only about trophies then you may as well follow football through livescore. The way you get there, and the performances and emotions watching it unfold clearly don't matter.
One is a consequence of the other. We all love when we win games, particularity big games & if you do that enough trophies follow. Last Saturday it wouldn’t have been about watching TV lifting the cup or watching another addition to the Trophy cabinet, it would have been about beating Chelsea in a final. For me the emotion is in watching the 90 minutes unfold. Good or bad it gets me

Unread 24-05-2018, 06:57 AM
Coracao

Unless Roman gets his grubby mitts deep into his pockets, I doubt it will matter who their manager is.

Unread 24-05-2018, 08:08 PM
The Weeknd

Gone.

Unread 24-05-2018, 08:12 PM
Ethers

Who?

Unread 26-05-2018, 09:49 AM
AnthonyMartial

Certain he's off.

How do I change my name?

Do I need to ask Armchair?
Closed Thread