United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 07-02-2017, 12:04 AM
Sparky***

Go back and watch the pass he plays for Mata in the game at Anfield in 2015.

Shit players can't play a pass like that.

He's also the reason Gerrard got sent off in that game and will forever hold a place in my heart.

Unread 07-02-2017, 12:06 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Everything he does is so rushed and he's passing it backwards far too much
If he's going to play the deeper midfield role then he needs to bring control and composure to the team
probs read the comments on here re carrick and pressing.

Unread 07-02-2017, 12:11 AM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Go back and watch the pass he plays for Mata in the game at Anfield in 2015.

Shit players can't play a pass like that.

He's also the reason Gerrard got sent off in that game and will forever hold a place in my heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djqs58JyVNY
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2atug5_wayne-rooney-goal-vs-arsenal-2014_sport

Unread 07-02-2017, 12:14 AM
Sparky***

That's nowhere near the same £#%&!ing pass.

Unread 07-02-2017, 01:18 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
so basically you're trying to tell me that he has no idea he's in 5yds of space because he has been told not to even bother and to just pop it off backwards 1st time regardless.

not having that one bit.
Just that those things can come when a player isn't feeling that comfortable in the role. When you're not really sure or lacking confidence you don't play your natural game and can often just go through the motions; before you know it the game has passed you by. In all honesty he's probably just not that great a player to begin with, but maybe he's a little out of sorts because he's unsure about this role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
My main issue with Herrera at the moment aside from his appalling shooting is the lack of composure on the ball

Everything he does is so rushed and he's passing it backwards far too much
If he's going to play the deeper midfield role then he needs to bring control and composure to the team

I remember when he played the deep midfield role against Chelsea in LvG first season and he was excellent showed great composure on the ball so I don't understand why he's so hurried on it now
Seems to be there for his application as much as anything else. He's never really looked suited to playing as a deeper central midfielder to me. Certainly not verging on a holding role. Yes he looked good there at Stamford Bridge a couple of years ago, but that was against a Chelsea team made up of about eight defensive players. Wasn't a challenge to play well under zero pressure.

Unread 07-02-2017, 05:42 AM
AK14

He's a decent enough squad player but shouldn't be a regular starter for us long term

He's also no way a defensive midfielder and is much better (still not good enough) further forward and as people have said, his lack of composure (especially in our half of the pitch) is awful at times. The way he'll just smash the ball upfield just to get shot of the ball when he under little pressure

But the biggest gripe I have with him is his sideways and backwards passing, he very rarely passes the ball forward any more and he ability to go missing in games.

Unread 07-02-2017, 09:53 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Just that those things can come when a player isn't feeling that comfortable in the role. When you're not really sure or lacking confidence you don't play your natural game and can often just go through the motions; before you know it the game has passed you by. In all honesty he's probably just not that great a player to begin with, but maybe he's a little out of sorts because he's unsure about this role.
herrera gets into plenty of advanced midfield positions as we move up the pitch.

i think they are given a clear plan along the lines of fergie's old play it inside first to get it outside. i think e.g. zlatan takes it too literally sometimes. i think herrera takes it too literally all the time.

looks like a straight ball into herrera's feet is a trigger. and an angled ball is another trigger - zigzag switch by the looks of it. it's boring anyway, whatever it is. i don't think he's confused, i just think he's lost his nerve.

Unread 07-02-2017, 10:07 AM
Baron

Ander's a decent player, would be great for Liverpool's system I imagine - all rash pressing & frenzied movement in the last 40 yards - but for United it's a little less aggressive & fair bit slower. He wants to play quicker, but he can't. Certainly well worth his place in the squad regardless.

In all honesty United needed a player like Wanyama to flesh out the squad last summer, for £10m you'd not get better.

Could still do with someone like that, defensive beast who can keep the ball, need at a worldie to play the Carrick role though to set & maintain the tempo. Verratti...

Unread 07-02-2017, 10:13 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Ander's a decent player, would be great for Liverpool's system I imagine - all rash pressing & frenzied movement in the last 40 yards - but for United it's a little less aggressive & fair bit slower. He wants to play quicker, but he can't. Certainly well worth his place in the squad regardless.

In all honesty United needed a player like Wanyama to flesh out the squad last summer, for £10m you'd not get better.

Could still do with someone like that, defensive beast who can keep the ball, need at a worldie to play the Carrick role though to set & maintain the tempo. Verratti...

yeah good point.

it's difficult to criticise the system too much tbf because we are making bucket loads of chances in most games playing like this.

Unread 07-02-2017, 12:30 PM
waynes ear's

Get rid