United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-03-2016, 09:55 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Yeah, cos all of our squad regularly graft their %@#$&!s off tbf
Well that's another point though, isn't it?

Unread 20-03-2016, 09:55 PM
VodkaAndCoke

No one would accuse Lingard of not grafting. He's making the best use of the talent he has which unfortunately falls a bit short of being a starter in a top side. Great squad player though if he'd accept that position.

Unread 20-03-2016, 09:57 PM
dunk

Cool

https://twitter.com/rioferdy5/status/711597976498659329

Reckon he knows what he's on about tbf.

Unread 20-03-2016, 09:58 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by VodkaAndCoke
No one would accuse Lingard of not grafting. He's making the best use of the talent he has which unfortunately falls a bit short of being a starter in a top side. Great squad player though if he'd accept that position.
This, basically. Successful sides always have a few players like him to call upon.

Unread 20-03-2016, 10:00 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
https://twitter.com/rioferdy5/status/711597976498659329

Reckon he knows what he's on about tbf.
Nice one, thanks dunk.👍
Can stop thinking about it now then.

Unread 20-03-2016, 10:01 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Nice one, thanks dunk.👍
Can stop thinking about it now then.
Tbf, you've either not thought or not watched him thus far anyway.

Unread 20-03-2016, 10:20 PM
dunk

Quote:
hmmmmm

Could your ego be any bigger?
I didn't say anything about me. I'm just going off your assessment of a young players impact within a struggling side and your assessment of what he does and doesn't do.

Oh, and I cite Rio Ferdinand's opinion and you counter with ScholesGingerSheen?

Unread 20-03-2016, 10:26 PM
utd99

Quote:
I didn't say anything about me. I'm just going off your assessment of a young players impact within a struggling side and your assessment of what he does and doesn't do.
Ok, so you didn't say that I disagree with you so therefore I must obviously not have thought about it. In that case I take it back.

Lingard is not a bad player, I just don't think he's good enough, or has shown enough, for the level we should aspire to. Martial and Rashford however could very well be, so my objection is not age related clearly; and we really need to stop thinking of him as a youth player, because he's not. He's the same age as Lukaku and a year older than Kane. The point being impact, not position obviously.

Quote:

Oh, and I cite Rio Ferdinand's opinion and you counter with ScholesGingerSheen?
So you missed the Welbeck reference then?

Unread 20-03-2016, 10:28 PM
dunk

Age means £#%&! all. Some are ready at 18, some come to prominence at 25 hate that argument. Just as someone can't be too young to be good enough, they aren't automatically shit forever if they aren't a star in their teens.

Quote:
So you missed the Welbeck reference then?
No, I ignored another paint by numbers attempt at undermining something I said by using Danny Welbeck as some sort of point scoring exercise. Just as I ignored your attempt to bring something about a big head into it the other day there will be something about a pumpkin next... The ultimate sign of the lazy.

Unread 20-03-2016, 10:33 PM
utd99

Quote:
Age means £#%&! all. Some are ready at 18, some come to prominence at 25 hate that argument. Just as someone can't be too young to be good enough, they aren't automatically shit forever if they aren't a star in their teens.
Agreed, but you can only judge, and project, on what you see and I don't see enough from him to suggest he will be what we need long term. Let's put it this way, do you not think there is better out there we should be aiming for?

Unread 20-03-2016, 10:41 PM
dunk

Quote:
Agreed, but you can only judge, and project, on what you see and I don't see enough from him to suggest he will be what we need long term. Let's put it this way, do you not think there is better out there we should be aiming for?
Atm, yes, but I see better out there in every position.

As I said, I don't see him as a first team regular, but there's plenty more to come from him for me, whether it will be enough, I don't know, but his impact and application during very trying times bodes well.

I just wouldn't write him off just yet, at worst he could be a very decent supporting act.

Unread 20-03-2016, 10:46 PM
Jez Quigley

Scholes only really came through at 22/23 iirc.

I like Lingard and really hope he gets a good run. Can offer us a lot.

Unread 20-03-2016, 10:47 PM
Coracao

We need to replace him with a player who has more quality in the summer. The fact he starts so many games shows how much limited we are.

He is a decent grafter mind.

Unread 20-03-2016, 10:49 PM
barca99

The worst player we have. Said it before he is just happy to be here. Did he touch the ball today. Useless big nose @#%&!

Unread 20-03-2016, 11:22 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
The worst player we have. Said it before he is just happy to be here. Did he touch the ball today. Useless big nose c***
Give the WUM a rest , and just enjoy the win for today atleast.

Unread 20-03-2016, 11:26 PM
Sparky***

Can't fault the boy's work rate but he's really short on quality at times.

Unread 20-03-2016, 11:29 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Can't fault the boy's work rate but he's really short on quality at times.
Pros: running about. Cons: football.

Unread 21-03-2016, 01:00 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Did he touch the ball today.
did you watch the game today?

Unread 21-03-2016, 01:08 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
we should be aiming to build a team who all play for each other and the shirt. players like lingard (and welbeck) are always gonna come worse off in people's football manager wish lists, but their managers usually have a bit more insight...

lingard could be upgraded pretty easily no doubt, but he is exactly the type we need in the squad long term...

Unread 21-03-2016, 03:14 AM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
we should be aiming to build a team who all play for each other and the shirt. players like lingard (and welbeck) are always gonna come worse off in people's football manager wish lists, but their managers usually have a bit more insight...

lingard could be upgraded pretty easily no doubt, but he is exactly the type we need in the squad long term...
So you also agree that he is at best a squad player?

I just hope he sees sense and realises the same otherwise he'll end up at Watford and see out his career playing in front of Elton John's adopted kids, which would be a shame.
Closed Thread