United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-04-2007, 12:10 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Hes very, very good...but you sure man?
Well if he improves as much as he has done this season every season, what do you think?

Unread 13-04-2007, 12:16 PM
Cantona's collar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
When he starts using his left foot and stops being so predicatble to defenders. Never seen a player so raved about yet be so tiresome to me. At least Henry scored against shit teams.

Quote:
Hes very, very good...but you sure man?
Ive not seen a player look so comfortable on the ball since Maradonna, if he continues to develop then he will be one of the all time greats, his attitude is fantastic, you can see that he is constantly trying to improve his game, most players would be happy to be half as good as he is.

Unread 13-04-2007, 12:18 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantona's collar

Ive not seen a player look so comfortable on the ball since Maradonna, if he continues to develop then he will be one of the all time greats, his attitude is fantastic, you can see that he is constantly trying to improve his game, most players would be happy to be half as good as he is.
You do know I was talking about Rooney. Ronaldo's £#%&!ing ace and I love him more for him vindicating my faith in him during the World Cup

Unread 13-04-2007, 12:20 PM
Cantona's collar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
You do know I was talking about Rooney. Ronaldo's £#%&!ing ace and I love him more for him vindicating my faith in him during the World Cup
Ahhh i get you now

I thought you was saying Ronaldo was predictable, i thought you was clinically insane.

Unread 13-04-2007, 12:20 PM
Barca '91

Tis true Ronnie has improved with each season he's been here but £#%&! me lads Rooney has carried us for the past two years almost single handed.

Truely great players perform at the highest level for more than one season at a time. Lets just hope Ronnie can reproduce this seasons form next term... and the one after.

Unread 13-04-2007, 12:58 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
Well if he improves as much as he has done this season every season, what do you think?
But he won't do.. and this IMO will be his best season..

Rooney however, if he keeps his head straight and is returned to his natural position just behind the striker, will flourish.

Unread 13-04-2007, 01:03 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
But he won't do.. and this IMO will be his best season..

Rooney however, if he keeps his head straight and is returned to his natural position just behind the striker, will flourish.

I agree with that.

Unread 13-04-2007, 01:16 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
I agree with that.
I dont, well, i agree with the Rooney part.

Ronaldo could end up having either scored or assisted 50 goals this year, that's not half bad. Yet there are still parts to his game which could be improved. You honestly believed he's peaked at 22 and he wont get better? The man frightens defenders to pieces and that is hard to replicate. It's a nice discussion to have considering they both play for us, but there is no way you can say that Rooney will be better than Ronaldo. Ronaldo has stepped up this season and Rooney whilst playing well has not. Ronaldo has everything to his game, Rooney has most things.

Unread 13-04-2007, 01:17 PM
koppas

Spot on fatty.

Unread 13-04-2007, 01:18 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I really don't like questions like this.

It's like, who would you rather survive a car crash, your brother or your sister.

Unread 13-04-2007, 01:25 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
You honestly believed he's peaked at 22 and he wont get better?
Perfectly feasible.. Just look at Giggs who's now nearing the end of his career, still one footed and still can't put a cross in. Of course Giggs will say he's a better player now, footballers always do, but my favourite memories of Giggs ( 99 FA Semi and excellent display against Juventus away apart ) were of him 10-15 years ago, just fearlessly ripping into teams... much a Ronaldo does now.

Unread 13-04-2007, 01:27 PM
Fatboy Shrek

I think Ronaldo will be completely different becuase he is from the continent. I could be wrong, but i think there is better to come, he could learn to shoot better for a start.

Unread 13-04-2007, 05:04 PM
MJ Ramone

Why are people so obsessed with 'comparing' the 2 players??..trying to play them off against eachother?
£#%&!ing bizarre behaviour.
Why does there have to be 'Ronaldo Fans' & 'Rooney Fans'...& why is it only the so-called 'Ronaldo Fans' that slag off Rooney & not the other way round??

A couple of questions for 'Argentina'
Are you from Argentina?
Have you ever seen Rooney play in the flesh?
Do you support another Club & are infact a bit of a WUM?

I sense that some people on here would be dissapointed if Rooney scored the winning goal for us tomorrow....would be annoyed if he was the difference in the games with Milan.
The kind of people who sit by their computer screens (when you'd think they'd either be at the game or at the very least screaming at their TV screens or at the Pub watching on the big screen)...waiting, praying that Rooney will misplace a pass...scuff a shot or fail to score from a one on one.

If anyone seriously thinks that Rooney doesn't deserve the same amount of appreciation, adulation & reputation from the fans as Ronaldo...not to mention equal contract terms from the Club, then frankly they don't deserve to support this great club.

Rooney Slagging has become a real 'flavour of the month' activity on United forums of late...a few people have bought into it & shown their true colours.
£#%&!ing pathetic really.

Unread 13-04-2007, 05:12 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I really don't like questions like this.

It's like, who would you rather survive a car crash, your brother or your sister.
That's easy - your sister.
Closed Thread